AvP 2 not working

Started by Deathly_rYaN, Nov 07, 2009, 10:27:50 PM

Author
AvP 2 not working (Read 10,589 times)

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

somehow all the AVP2 files are missing. I go to control panel, add or remove programs and the Game is not there. It still says Play, Stand Alone Server, Display, and Options when it starts up. when i click on play it gives me a errror saying "Can not Launch LITHTECH.EXE". Can anyone help me?

Brother

Brother

Somehow the files got deleted. Remove all existing files of AvP2 and make a fresh install.

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

there is NO existing files left of AVP2 on my computer. It's clear ofthem. Now it just says the error and there's no Uninstall thing

Brother

Brother

The AvP2 files must be removed from the registry. If you can still see some launch shortcut that means that there are still some files left.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

folder options- view hidden files

then go go your C:/program folder and look for "install shield infrmation" or "install shield wizard" something like that. Now there should be a bunch of folders, open them 1 by 1 and launch the exe install file, if it has anything to do with "alien vs predator 2" you can delete that folder.

This is another way if you don't want to touch registry keys.

After you delete these, reboot the pc and you can now proceed to delete the Fox/Alien vs Predator 2 folder with its remaining contents.

Now you can do a reinstall of the game off the cd.

This fixes the problem when avp2 is uninstalled yet it left some files on the system that prevent you from reinstalling the game. It will say "uninstall" when there's nothing to uninstall.

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

1:)I could not find the folder called install shield information or install shield wizard folder. I Do not know where those folders are at all.

2:) I deleted the Fox/Aliens vs Predator 2 folder, and it says  "ERROR -  Unable to find the AVP2.rez file. Please make sure that AVP2 is installed properly and that your AVP2 disc 1 CD is in the drive." Disc 1 is in the drive but but still says Play, Stand Alone Server, Display, and Options

Brother

Brother

Use the search option if you want to find it. And when you want to uninstall an application use the uninstall icon or uninstall it trough control panel. When you only delete the directory folder there are still game files left on your hard drive.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: predator25 on Nov 14, 2009, 09:22:44 PM
1:)I could not find the folder called install shield information or install shield wizard folder. I Do not know where those folders are at all.

Check the program folder.. it's usually in there. Vista seems to have 2 program folders.. did you even enable "show hidden folders" like i said to do so? They will appear faded when you enable them to be viewed. If you can't find it then oh well, sucks for you. That's how you fix this problem.

Quote from: predator25 on Nov 14, 2009, 09:22:44 PM
2:) I deleted the Fox/Aliens vs Predator 2 folder, and it says  "ERROR -  Unable to find the AVP2.rez file. Please make sure that AVP2 is installed properly and that your AVP2 disc 1 CD is in the drive." Disc 1 is in the drive but but still says Play, Stand Alone Server, Display, and Options

No sh*t.. I know what your problem is.. it's because you deleted game files without uinstalling them. So you have to fix it like how I said it. You don't have to repeat what your problem is. I read it the first time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed