The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside)

Started by ikarop, Oct 26, 2009, 04:19:36 PM

Author
The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside) (Read 138,061 times)

Ghost Rider LSOV

Quote from: Brother on Nov 12, 2009, 07:54:38 PM
Maybe they see it as an advantage for the marines, and it is in a way but it's ruining the fear factor an the marine experience.

Very true. In AvP2 single player if I remember correctly, the motion tracker would also register doors opening/closing and other objects (I don't remember AvP1's motion tracker). Which helped with the whole "is there an Alien/Pred over there?" feeling. :)

ikarop

ikarop

Article extracted from the file, just in case someone doesn't like PDFs.

Inferno

I'm sure that rebellion will replace the motion tracker to it's former glory when they figure out how stupid their idea was.

In avp2 i was always able to differentiate an alien based on speed. Predators were the tricky ones to tell with the tracker. It's just a horrible idea. Original tracker please.

tigerija

I like the tracker on the rifle as MW2 has.

predalien27

Quote from: tigerija on Nov 12, 2009, 10:09:03 PM
I like the tracker on the rifle as MW2 has.
But this is not MW2

Chris!(($$))!

This game will not have ANYTHING like that because the Motion Tracker is already part of the HUD. Maybe in A:CM it will be an upgrade.

Private W Hudson

Man it got annoying online on MW2 when i had to keep looking at the heartbeat sensor like that and i couldnt look at it when i was sprinting and its not that great and doesnt help alot really...

lol 60% complete damn .. i can't wait. xD

Chris!(($$))!

It could be more useful in A:CM though cause the Motion Tracker is useful straight away.

Private W Hudson

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 12, 2009, 11:40:18 PM
It could be more useful in A:CM though cause the Motion Tracker is useful straight away.

Yup cause the Enemies are more dangerous in ACM xD

Tomar

ahh it gets even easier ... so much for a well balanced, canon MP part in the game!

Sorry the facepalm and shakeshead is simply not enough for this.

This shows poor decision making on Rebellions side let alone that the game degenerates more and more into a n00b like version of AvP 2s MP!

Well and if this is not already bad enough they NOW do a thing that completely destroys among canon also the FEAR factor and the horrour that you are used to play with as a HUMAN on-line or even off-line when you are in SP! ! !

The atmosphere is very, ... v e r y important in this franchise and it degenerates into a (sorry Rebellion!) bs gameplay!

I am not impressed ... .

tigerija

Fear and intense removed, Normal multiplayer gameplay added. Long life of this game is destroyed xD .

No point of playing marine now...

predalien27

You've heard it straight from the fans folks!  Rebellion went up to bat for the team of USCM but struck out real quick.  But the games not over folks, they still have 3 innings (months) left to improve!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: predalien27 on Nov 13, 2009, 03:22:38 AM
You've heard it straight from the fans folks!  Rebellion went up to bat for the team of USCM but struck out real quick.  But the games not over folks, they still have 3 innings (months) left to improve!

But will they try is the question.

Brother

Aww come on guys? What happened with "zomg the game is perfect"????

I know what will turn your mood around.
Spoiler
DEDICATED SERVER MO-FOs
[close]

Ghost Rider LSOV

I still have hope and I haven't even played this game yet. :p

Then again who has?
Can't we jugdet it when it's actually out? :p
Though I hate the part about the new motion tracker. :/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed