How were the space jockeys wiped out

Started by IZF, Sep 03, 2009, 02:52:54 AM

Author
How were the space jockeys wiped out (Read 954 times)

IZF

IZF

well i think i saw a space jockey skull in avp:R but idk and i kno aliens took out a planet of space jockeys in a comic book and 1 even saved humans from xenomorphs and we all kno the dead one in the chair  but how was an entire race wiped out 2 never b seen again

SM

SM

It was supposed to be a Jockey skull in AvP:Poo - though it only bore the very faintest of resemblances.

Just cos we've never seen them doesn't mean they're wiped out.  There was no contact between humans and Aliens for 200 years, but no one really believes the Aliens were totally wiped out and extinct.

Xenomrph

Quote from: IZF on Sep 03, 2009, 02:52:54 AM
well i think i saw a space jockey skull in avp:R but idk and i kno aliens took out a planet of space jockeys in a comic book and 1 even saved humans from xenomorphs and we all kno the dead one in the chair  but how was an entire race wiped out 2 never b seen again
According to the comics ('Aliens: Apocalypse' in particular), the Aliens did it.

out-at-night-mostly

Actually its sort of offical. In a magazine interview Ridley scott said that the aliens were originally biological weapons dropped en-masse onto enemies planet then later killed with some sort of anti-biotic. Except the aliens adepted, got out of control and hunted the jockeys to extinction.

Same was said in the comics.

Xenomrph

Well except for the "biological weapons" part, that's never stated in the comics. Alien origins are pretty intentionally vague in the comics and novels and whatnot.

Friendly Wise

Quote from: out-at-night-mostly on Sep 04, 2009, 10:36:14 AM
Actually its sort of offical. In a magazine interview Ridley scott said that the aliens were originally biological weapons dropped en-masse onto enemies planet then later killed with some sort of anti-biotic. Except the aliens adepted, got out of control and hunted the jockeys to extinction.

Same was said in the comics.

Where did you read this at? I've heard Ridley state that they were created as bio-weapons by the Jockey's but never heard of the Aliens getting out of control and the Jockey's being hunted down. Unless, they got out of control on the Jockey home planet and forced whatever was left of their race to leave and become nomads, just speculation. 

darcevil

Sorry if this is obvious, but how do we know the entire race has been wiped out? Last I checked, only the movies were canon and the only hint of the species is a fossilized skeleton we see for about 2 min.  :-\

Xenomrph

Quote from: darcevil on Sep 04, 2009, 09:27:05 PM
Last I checked, only the movies were canon
Common misconception. :) There's a difference between popular fan opinion, and the actual policy from the people who own the franchise.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: darcevil on Sep 04, 2009, 09:27:05 PM
Last I checked, only the movies were canon

They are as long as FOX don't make an effort to tie everything together. A 'good' start would be to hint to any of the events taking place in AVP and AvP:R in the coming Alien prequel. I mean, they could always (like already mentioned) make it so the Space Jockeys and Predators are in fact one and the same... and then FOX, the BS and Anderson can take one last collective diarrhea drizzling dump on the mauled cadaver once known as the Alien Quadrilogy - "Good job men! Mission accomplished! ...Now, here, have a cigar!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed