New Editor-in-Chief wanted

Started by Froberg, Aug 03, 2009, 01:17:18 PM

Author
New Editor-in-Chief wanted (Read 1,089 times)

Froberg

Froberg

Hi all.

I am looking for someone to take over the reins of the project located at http://avpoe.org - I will keep up with domain and server payments if desired, and the forums can remain if desired.

I am offering complete creative control to whomever has the drive and energy to carry the project in to the future. Currently we have more articles than the avp wikia, but that won't last forever if we don't get going.

I hope someone has an interest in the project, if not, I don't see it lasting much longer without someone taking hold of it and pushing it forward - and that would truly be a shame, in my opinion.

You can contact me at bfroberg *@* gmail.com or simply reply to the thread if you've got any questions.

Take care.

SM

SM

Xenomrph can do it can't he?  I'm sure he's got plenty of time on his hands.  ;)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Not so much; it was my project to begin with. :)

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Well, I'm sure there are going to be far more qualified applicants than myself that would be interested in taking over the encyclopedia. However, I figured it couldn't hurt to throw my hat in the ring. I have an encyclopedic (no pun intended) knowledge of the Alien/Predator/AvP universe. I'm intimately familiar with each of the movies, both in front of and behind the camera, as well as the people involved in their creation (well...most of them). I also am very in touch with the expanded universe of novels, comic books, video games, and other media within the universe.

I've been a huge fan for a long time, and have built up a collection that I'm very proud of. I've often considered trying to put together a definitive database of everything I know for the benefit of my fellow fans, but I've never had the proper motivation to actually try and put a site together. Taking over a project like this would as such be an ideal situation for me.

EDIT: I don't know how I've managed to miss this site in the past! The look and layout is fantastic and I'm about to dig into the content!

Froberg

Froberg

Domino, you're really sounding rather ideal, you've got the fire n' passion and all :p

I'd love to talk with you about your ideas if you're up to it?

Darkness

Darkness

Why do you no longer want to manage the site yourself, Froberg?

Froberg

Froberg

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 04, 2009, 04:09:13 PM
Why do you no longer want to manage the site yourself, Froberg?

I don't mind managing it. I just don't have the knowledge necessary to objectively evaluate and create new content.
That was xeno's job, but he hasn't had the time to do so. :(

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

I'd be happy to talk to you whenever about this. I won't be available thursday or friday, but under normal circumstances I'm online virtually every night. I'll PM you my messenger addresses.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, I just haven't had the time to edit contributed content or add as much new content as I'd like to. My living situation has been in a bit of upheaval for a while, so I either haven't had the time, haven't had access to my computer, haven't had access to my comics/books whatever, or some combination thereof. :(

Froberg

Froberg

Sounds great man.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed