Canon check

Started by Darkfire, Apr 11, 2009, 01:29:46 AM

Author
Canon check (Read 2,917 times)

Darkfire

Darkfire

Okay,this is a thread asking about how bad AVPR messed up on AVP canon. So in predator CJ (concrete jungle) we are shown that Borgia industry's have predator tech and Wayland industry's are friends or partners or something. But AVPR shows that predator tech was found by Yutani and I found that to be complete bull*%#. Personally though i would listen to a story from a half eaten grilled cheese sandwhich than watch AVPR again. Besides PCJ was made first and was licenced by fox so you do the math. ::)  Another canoicty note why did fox try to make the predalien into a predator with tribal and cultural things, AVP2,primal hunt,and extinction just show it beginning another drone to fight for the queen. The grilled cheese sandwitch thing shows up again here.

Not much more to add at the moment on that. But on an off note just to yell at rebellion, why didn't AVPR the game have a predalien why did it have a helicopter for a boss?

SiL

SiL

All I have to say is, movies before games.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Exactly what SiL said.

Darkfire

Darkfire

I guess I can agree on that but what about originals before crossovers? In AVPR Yutani have these predator weapons but in ALIENS the same company is using bullets instead of these predator weapons, and ALIENS is pretty far into the future from AVPR so they should have even better weapons than that.

Sidenote: AVP movie is kind of like the book AVP prey, human girls befriends predator and gets blooded.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Let's put it this way: there are people who consider everything canon, and Fox themselves have said that everything fits into continuity. The impossibility of that aside, it's the official stance.

Now

Most fans however, only consider the movies canon. It's the easiest way to look at things.

Darkfire

Darkfire

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 11, 2009, 04:43:06 PM
Most fans however, only consider the movies canon. It's the easiest way to look at things.

I know I should have left your final stance on things but I was watching AVPR today.
(unbelievable for me to do that) I noticed, if most fans only find movies to be canon then does that mean they find chestbursters to not have to err...chest burst? In AVPR the chestbursters in the hospital did not come out of the chest, I see no other reason for them to come out where they did in the hospital scene. Aliens have no knowledge on human biology. (especially a predalien which wasn't even born in a human) They don't have x-ray vision either, so were the writers milking an idea or do fans agree the chestbursters do not chest burst? Also the predalien was not fat and those lumps it was feeding the pregnant woman were rather large so where was it keeping those and why didn't the woman's innards burst open after having that much thrown down it.
So according to AVPR (which apparently fans find canon)
A: predaliens have living half grown chestburster inside them(I say half grown becouse a facehugger does not hold lumps that big) for no/unknown reasons.Defeating the purpose of a queen and defining outer appearance
B: If 1 chestburster use it's teeth to burst through organs bone and skin, then why did it take many chestburster so long to burst through skin.

Look the whole point is if you accept AVPR into canonicty then you deny much better original movies like ALIENS; and as I implied in a previous post. Originals before crossovers.

Can you give me a good explanation on this?

SM

SM

Simple - don't count AvP and AvP:Poo as canonical with the other four Alien films.  :)

Cetanu

Cetanu

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 11, 2009, 04:43:06 PM
Let's put it this way: there are people who consider everything canon, and Fox themselves have said that everything fits into continuity. The impossibility of that aside, it's the official stance.

Now

I take absolutely every aspect of both franchises into consideration. They all count, they're all canon. (In my opinion)

Darkfire

Darkfire

Quote from: Cetanu on Apr 15, 2009, 12:15:31 AM
I take absolutely every aspect of both franchises into consideration. They all count, they're all canon. (In my opinion)
I mostly agree with that except, no matter how hard I try can't find AVPR to be canon.Mostly for the reasons listed above.
The whole the military works for Yutani and Yutani has predator weapons crossed the line for me.

To prove AVPR is not intended to be canon,if the military works for Yutani that means the USMC apparently did have access to the predator weapons,and they didn't. Because no one on the production team of ALIENS thought that they would make a crappy AVP movie that crossed what their original movies said.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I consider the AvP films to be canon unto themselves, just like Alien and Predator are separate of each other. Trust me, if the Predalien can look as bad as it did in AvP:R, it's better that way.

SM

SM

'ken oath.

Cetanu

Cetanu

Quote from: Darkfire on Apr 15, 2009, 12:48:01 AM
Quote from: Cetanu on Apr 15, 2009, 12:15:31 AM
I mostly agree with that except, no matter how hard I try can't find AVPR to be canon.Mostly for the reasons listed above.
The whole the military works for Yutani and Yutani has predator weapons crossed the line for me.

To prove AVPR is not intended to be canon,if the military works for Yutani that means the USMC apparently did have access to the predator weapons,and they didn't. Because no one on the production team of ALIENS thought that they would make a crappy AVP movie that crossed what their original movies said.

Eh, that works, too. Or, as I used to do a little, you can snip pieces of everything and make a general canon.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 15, 2009, 01:05:56 AM
I consider the AvP films to be canon unto themselves, just like Alien and Predator are separate of each other. Trust me, if the Predalien can look as bad as it did in AvP:R, it's better that way.

Good idea, I like that.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I'm not sure if there is any truth to this, but I remember someone saying on this forum that Anderson himself said that his movie takes place in an alternate universe, if so....then Avp and AvPR are completely not in canon....or at least that's how I think of it if Anderson did indeed say this,

SM

SM

Anderson has apparently said contradictory things.  Best to ignore all of them.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 15, 2009, 03:31:25 AM
I'm not sure if there is any truth to this, but I remember someone saying on this forum that Anderson himself said that his movie takes place in an alternate universe, if so....then Avp and AvPR are completely not in canon....or at least that's how I think of it if Anderson did indeed say this,
I've never heard anything like that before - I've definitely heard him say his movie is meant as a sequel to the Predator movies and a prequel to the Alien movies, though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed