John Cena wants in on reboot

Started by Proteus, Mar 11, 2009, 03:24:14 AM

Author
John Cena wants in on reboot (Read 9,093 times)

Proteus

Proteus

From moviehole.net

Spoke to Wrestling superstar John Cena this morning about his new movie "12 Rounds", and though obviously the box office will dictate whether it happens or not, The Massachusetts-born entertainer says he and Renny Harlin are already talking sequel.

"It's totally based on the consumer but if this does well, Renny and I look forward to doing 13 Rounds" Cena says of the film in which he plays a detective jumping through hoops to rescue a kidnapped girlfriend.

Cena says he and Harlin ("Die Hard 2", "The Cleaner") are good friends now, and hope they get to work together on the sequel, but it wasn't always like that.

"I think he was planning for the worst", says Cena of "12 Rounds". "He thought he was going to be working with a walking broomstick".

"We laugh about it now, but he really didn't know what he was going to get with me" laughs the actor. "He didn't even know who I was. So it goes without saying that what attracted Renny to the project was the script".

Meanwhile, Cena wants Twentieth Century Fox to know he's waiting for the call to do the ''Predator'' remake.

"Just to be a part of that team would be awesome", Cena says of the 1987 film's core cast of characters. "I'd be happy playing Governor Ventura's character – the gum-chewing gun-toting [Blain].

Meanwhile, Cena says he's about to start a new "still classified" film in June/July.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No. Just...no.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 11, 2009, 03:41:09 AM
No. Just...no.

^ IM with DoomRulz here...

Cellien

Cellien

Can he act?  All I know is he's from WWF or something... all acting, so he's got lots of practice. :)

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Cellien on Mar 11, 2009, 03:04:16 PM
Can he act?  All I know is he's from WWF or something... all acting, so he's got lots of practice. :)

He cant even act in WWE lol what does that tell you...they guy just isnt movie material at all.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

So does the Rock, and look where he's at.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 11, 2009, 03:36:50 PM

So does the Rock, and look where he's at.

Making millions doing Disney Movies?

The Rock is a perfectly good actor, he just hasnt really picked the best movies, look at the variety of characters he played AS a wrestler, he's just enough charisma and talent, he just inst picking the best roles

Vulhala

Vulhala

I think The Rock is a good actor. He's just gonna find ity hard not to get cast in big muscle guy type roles because of who he is. My vote would go for Steve Austin to get a go in any Predator reboot. He's just too bad-ass   ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Dachande on Mar 11, 2009, 03:39:53 PM

He's done one Disney film, and it hasn't even come out yet.

Quote from: Dachande on Mar 11, 2009, 03:39:53 PMThe Rock is a perfectly good actor, he just hasnt really picked the best movies, look at the variety of characters he played AS a wrestler, he's just enough charisma and talent, he just inst picking the best roles

The roles he played as a wrestler were all the same. In wrestling, there are only two types of roles that can be played: face or heel. Either role has the actor performing in the same manner.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 11, 2009, 04:14:27 PM
Quote from: Dachande on Mar 11, 2009, 03:39:53 PM

He's done one Disney film, and it hasn't even come out yet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0492956/

Meh, for some reason i thought Gridiron Gang was Disney =/
Nevertheless he is getting plenty of money doing family films.
Quote from: Dachande on Mar 11, 2009, 03:39:53 PMThe Rock is a perfectly good actor, he just hasnt really picked the best movies, look at the variety of characters he played AS a wrestler, he's just enough charisma and talent, he just inst picking the best roles

The roles he played as a wrestler were all the same. In wrestling, there are only two types of roles that can be played: face or heel. Either role has the actor performing in the same manner.

Yeah, that reeks of ignorance, if you think that theres only 2 types of roles you don't know what your talking about.

Lets compare The Rocks Nation of Domination character to his Hollywood Character, or his Corporation character, you're telling me they're all the same?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Dachande on Mar 11, 2009, 04:27:25 PM
Yeah, that reeks of ignorance, if you think that theres only 2 types of roles you don't know what your talking about.

Lets compare The Rocks Nation of Domination character to his Hollywood Character, or his Corporation character, you're telling me they're all the same?

Yup. It's still the Rock posturing in every case; walking to the ring shrugging his shoulders, getting on top of turnbuckle, throwing his right arm up, and raising his eyebrow. And addressing everyone around him in the same manner: "roody-poo candy asses if they can smell what the Rock is cookin'"

Dachande

Dachande

*facepalm*

We're not talking about his ENTRANCE, we're talking about his CHARACTER, the way he acts and behaves on the mic, as well as the in-ring phsychology of his different characters

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Thank you for the reminder. I still stand by my statement. He still acts and behaves in the same way.

Cellien

Cellien

The Rock isn't too bad of an actor.  I mean, he's one of those likable kind of guys like Arnold, or anyone from P1.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

He's definitely likable, but the trouble is that, for people like me who grew up with him in the WWF will always see him as The Rock. When I saw The Mummy Returns, I didn't see The Scorpion King, I saw The Rock. He's nothing but.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed