Alien Reference in Halo

Started by Drago-Morph, Dec 29, 2008, 07:11:22 PM

Author
Alien Reference in Halo (Read 5,989 times)

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

I was just playing the very beginning of Halo 1, just before you fight your first Grunts with the pistol, and noticed a bulletin board, with a sign that said: Lost Calico Cat, Answers to Jonsey. Anyone here agree that this is an Alien reference?

Cellien

Cellien

Yes, the whole game is a big reference to Aliens.  All of the marine stuff in Halo is obviously very influenced by Aliens.  I love it. :)

War Wager

War Wager

You could argue that The Flood are Xenomorph influenced too.

Cellien

Cellien

Yeah they share some similarities too with the hive/cocooning and them taking on properties of their hosts. 

War Wager

War Wager

This all just shows how un-original 'Halo' really is. :P

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Cellien on Dec 29, 2008, 07:50:25 PM
Yeah they share some similarities too with the hive/cocooning and them taking on properties of their hosts. 
Nah, the Flood are glorified zombies. They reanimate the very bodies of those they infect. I'm pretty sure Bungie has gone on record saying the Flood are basically space-zombies.

That's not to say there aren't Aliens/Predator references (Covenant Elite split-jaws and honor system are pretty blatantly Predator-inspired) but I never saw the Flood as being an Alien reference.

Cellien

Cellien

Yeah, I was just entertaining War Wager's suggestion that the Flood may have some influence from Xenomorphs ("arguably").  I too feel they are more zombie-like than Xenomorph aliens, but the hive and cocooning is sorta similar (especially when you encounter an officer being cocooned, I think it was Cpt. Keyes).

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Cellien on Dec 29, 2008, 10:23:01 PM
Yeah, I was just entertaining War Wager's suggestion that the Flood may have some influence from Xenomorphs ("arguably").  I too feel they are more zombie-like than Xenomorph aliens, but the hive and cocooning is sorta similar (especially when you encounter an officer being cocooned, I think it was Cpt. Keyes).
If you want to get technical, Keyes was mutating into some sort of crazy Flood form. The common theory among fans is he was becoming a proto-Gravemind-type-thing.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

^ Was about to say. The idea is he was being a Gravemind.

Cellien

Cellien

Yeah, actually I forgot about that!  Been so long since I've played that part in Halo, I just had a visual image in my head.

Sorry War Wager, not much else to go on aside from the Flood's hive type stuff and even that's a  stretch. :) 

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

That game was awesome! ;D What if in a new halo game you encounter actual xenomorphs and predators just a suggestion?

Raptor Mistikan

Raptor Mistikan

Ya.I wish there is also the mpmorph cheat in halo
than i can transform to the battle queen!XD

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Get away from her you *****

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: War Wager on Dec 29, 2008, 07:24:33 PM
You could argue that The Flood are Xenomorph influenced too.

I disagree, The Flood are more like The Thing then Xenomorphs.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I know. But im saying what if they are in the same universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed