So how are Predators born?

Started by War Wager, Dec 13, 2008, 07:17:21 PM

Author
So how are Predators born? (Read 10,794 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Ever wondered?

It can't be from the mother because they sure ain't mammals. But they don't look like they come from eggs either.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Why aren't they mammals?

I think one of the AvP novels says they're born pretty much like humans are - female gets pregnant, female gives a live birth.

War Wager

War Wager

They look more reptilian/amphibious to me. They've got scales and like hot environments. That's sounds pretty reptilian to me. They can't be mammals because they don't have hair/fur. The only mammals that don't have hair are marine animals and Preds are clearly not aquatic.

Then again, they don't really need to have an exact species. I mean what are Aliens?

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

Predators live in space. In space anything is possible. Before humans first met xenomorphs they probably would of thought that acid for blood would be impossible.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: War Wager on Dec 13, 2008, 10:42:42 PM
They look more reptilian/amphibious to me. They've got scales and like hot environments. That's sounds pretty reptilian to me. They can't be mammals because they don't have hair/fur. The only mammals that don't have hair are marine animals and Preds are clearly not aquatic.

Then again, they don't really need to have an exact species. I mean what are Aliens?
Well we know they're warm-blooded (they show up on infrared in both Predator movies and both AvP movies), and they do have hair (on their forehead, the short stuff. Maybe it isn't hair, but it sure looks like it). As for scales? I dunno about that, it doesn't look like scales to me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: War Wager on Dec 13, 2008, 10:42:42 PMThey can't be mammals because they don't have hair/fur

What would you call those little strands on their face? Whiskers?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: War Wager on Dec 13, 2008, 07:17:21 PM
It can't be from the mother because they sure ain't mammals.
There are species of shark looking at you funny for that generalisation.

As for hair/fur ... Dolphins and whales don't have any, do they?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sure they do. All mammals do.

EEV2650

EEV2650

their babies come out of their mouth's

SM

SM

Seconded.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

^You think so?  :-\

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: War Wager on Dec 13, 2008, 10:42:42 PM
They've got scales and like hot environments.
Uhuh.  Like an armadillo?

I see no scales on Predators though, only a leathery hide.

SiL

SiL

They got ... kind'a scales on the backs of their fingers.

That's it.

SM

SM

That's just a spot of eczema.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I doubt that they would be mammalian given their lack of actual lips and their mandibles, thus having no way to actually suckle; thus making mammary glands (the defining characteristic of mammals) useless.

Quote from: EEV2650 on Dec 14, 2008, 06:42:00 AM
their babies come out of their mouth's
Quote from: SM on Dec 15, 2008, 02:33:23 AM
Seconded.

Sure, what the hell. Why not?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed