redo

Started by XENOWARRIOR, Apr 16, 2008, 05:17:53 AM

Author
redo (Read 929 times)

XENOWARRIOR

XENOWARRIOR

so my intention here is to make a place where people can say any changes they would make in the a/p/or avp movies, or come up with alternitive stories to replace them entirly and get comments on your versions, with some negitive opinions on some of the movies and all.. i thought this might be a good idea.

SM

SM

This has been done before, as I have said the following before - but here goes anyway.

One of the major issues Predator fans have with AvP is the team up.  I'm not a Predator fan but can appreciate that the team up devalued and undermined the Predator.  Why should he give a shit if an Alien just happened to walk onto Lex's spear?

Anyway, i think it could've worked better if Scar really was going to shoot Lex, but was interrupted by the shifting pyramid.  They're split up and have to get out seperately.  Once they DO get out the fight with the Queen goes badly and they are forced to work together to dispatch her.  As opposed to the Predator saying 'You are my equal' Lex actually earns it.

This may improve the film, but it's only one of many, many problems that would need to be addressed.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I'll start off my controversial list, then...

Predator 2: The primary flaws were the over-the-top gangland plot and the government angle; they could've dropped them entirely and made this a bloody film noir.

Alien 3: More emotion, really. They could've really hit home on all of the fears and taboos we have in the final part of their trilogy. It was a missed opportunity.

Alien Resurrection: Make the Newborn a failed Ripley clone and play up the film's finale to fit the sarcastic Aliens angle it had taken up until then.

AVP: What SM said- get rid of the team-up. Some continuity would be nice, too; Aliens don't grow in minutes, and the Predator should be a destructive monster to behold.

AVP: Requiem: I'd have the film take place on the Predator ship from AVP, stick to Wang's intended designs, and have normal PredAliens to compliment the inseminating one. This had good sci-fi, horror, and action potential. It didn't deserve the Dawson's Creek treatment.

colonial-marines

colonial-marines

the only change i would make to avp-r is to add a bit more lighting. but for avp i would completly redo the story and not have lance henriksen in it because the continuity is mind boggling. how can the human creator of the androids be alive  like 300 years before he was born hmmmmm. i would add more violence. longer chest bursting scenes, i wouldnt have one alien kill 2 preds in 1 minute.  and the biggest flaw i wouldnt have the queen running at 60 mph like an olympic sprinter in aliens she walked heavy shifting her weight like a t-rex

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed