What are you listening to right now?

Started by Harry72, Dec 13, 2006, 10:32:39 AM

Author
What are you listening to right now? (Read 1,639,911 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

HuDaFuK

Very rare Thin Lizzy song recorded circa 1980 by the reformed original lineup in tribute to Jimi Hendrix. Only ever on a flexidisc single given away with a magazine, which is a massive shame, because it smokes.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 09, 2017, 09:11:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mS3cxALSQY

Very rare Thin Lizzy song recorded circa 1980 by the reformed original lineup in tribute to Jimi Hendrix. Only ever on a flexidisc single given away with a magazine, which is a massive shame, because it smokes.

So many levels of awesome!

FiorinaFury161

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OjL5uCMv9OM

I still have so much to learn about Eurodance... :o

This just insane awesome music!

FiorinaFury161

Praetorian Guard

If you guys like Synthpop/Futurepop with lyrics that have deep meanings. Check out Assemblage 23. I do a lot of the lyric videos for Tom Shear's songs. So if you guys ever want to hear some of his songs, stop on by to my channel: Spooky Deadeye
I'm sure you'll find a song you'll like.

HuDaFuK

Couple of live albums I ain't listened to in yonks.

Live Era '87-'93 by Guns n' Roses

The first disc is great, but disc 2 somehow manages to be a bit of a letdown, despite containing the lion's share of their mega hits. Still, I like how it documents them across their career, with songs picked and chosen from different concerts. The result's a bit disjointed but it's interesting to hear how they developed as a live band.

Return of the Champions by Queen + Paul Rodgers

I was probably more open to this collaboration than a lot of Queen fans simply because I was a pre-existing fan of Rodgers' work, especially with Bad Company. Truth be told, the studio album they put out was kinda naff, but this preceding live record is excellent. Oh yeah, also I saw them in Hyde Park on this tour, so I'm probably biased because of that :P

KiramidHead

For a rush job made in only a few weeks, James Newton Howard really knocked this score out of the park.

HuDaFuK

I quite liked that film, but good Lord did it drag towards the end.

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 21, 2017, 01:33:08 PM
I quite liked that film, but good Lord did it drag towards the end.

Yeah, a few bits could have been tightened up here and there throughout the movie. Like the development for characters who just kind of disappear.

Shinawi

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 22, 2017, 02:55:14 AMYeah, a few bits could have been tightened up here and there throughout the movie. Like the development for characters who just kind of disappear.

I don't mind the slow-burn of the first half so much, it's the second half where it really suffers in my opinion. Especially once they get to New York. I get that it's trying to build up sympathy for Kong before he dies, but once he breaks out it should've just been a fast-paced, action-packed finale. Instead it keeps stopping for long lingering scenes of him and Naomi Watts playing on the ice or staring at each other, and it kills the pacing.

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 22, 2017, 10:19:24 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 22, 2017, 02:55:14 AMYeah, a few bits could have been tightened up here and there throughout the movie. Like the development for characters who just kind of disappear.

I don't mind the slow-burn of the first half so much, it's the second half where it really suffers in my opinion. Especially once they get to New York. I get that it's trying to build up sympathy for Kong before he dies, but once he breaks out it should've just been a fast-paced, action-packed finale. Instead it keeps stopping for long lingering scenes of him and Naomi Watts playing on the ice or staring at each other, and it kills the pacing.

Yeah, it's only 90 seconds or so, but it feels longer.

JokersWarPig

FiorinaFury161

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed