What are you listening to right now?

Started by Harry72, Dec 13, 2006, 10:32:39 AM

Author
What are you listening to right now? (Read 1,636,328 times)

Novak 1334

Real classy from The Boss

KiramidHead

One of the best film endings ever? Yessir. 8)

FiorinaFury161

The Japanese CD version sounds much more polished and cleaned up than the normal CD version... :D

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 25, 2016, 12:51:10 AMOne of the best film endings ever? Yessir. 8)

That film really confused me. I thought it was one of the most boring movies I've ever seen... until the titular assassination happened. Then I found everything that happened after Brad Pitt is dead just riveting. And yeah, the ending was pretty amazing.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Apr 24, 2016, 09:19:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkOxeKA2WNE

Just amazing. And Nils Lofgren pulling off the blistering Solo there too

Novak 1334

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 25, 2016, 10:42:25 AM

I have to admit, that solo made me tear up a bit

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Apr 25, 2016, 11:43:12 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 25, 2016, 10:42:25 AM

I have to admit, that solo made me tear up a bit

Same

One of the many spin off bands and projects that came about from the initial split of Journey. Bad English pretty much was a supergroup type band made up of members of Journey and The Babys (Johnathan Cain having been members of both). This is a great album. Everyone mixing it up but with their pedigree coming through on tracks like Best of What I Got (which also featured in the film Tango and Cash), Forget Me Not (My fave track) and When I See You Smile (Written by Diane Warren). Its such a shame that John Waite and Neal Schon fell out when they completed album number two.

Lindsay Lohan's second album also known as (Raw), definitely shows her taking her rockier side from her first album and cranking it up on some of the tracks here. Many actually quite personal (Hence the album title really lol). She even throws in a couple of covers, namely Cheap Trick's I Want You To Want Me and Stevie Nick's Edge of Seventeen. John Shanks doesnt appear anywhere on this album sadly but his place is taken by the likes of Ben Moody and Greg Wells, so it does mix things up a bit.
Tracks like Confessions of A Broken Heart and My Innocence deal with her relationship with her Dad and the fantastic album closer My Beautiful Life deals with how she plans to move on with things (which went well for her lol).
She hasnt released another album since, but with everything thats been in the papers, you can kind of understand

Whiskeybrewer

The Third album by Kiss, is better (just) than the first two but even though it features the Classic (and also their first hit single) Rock And Roll All Nite, it is a album that is scrabbling for material. Two of the tracks Love Her Like I Can and She, were even recordings of two songs Gene and Paul wrote and recorded in their pre-Kiss band; Wicked Lester.

Although i guess thats bound to happen when their manager Neil Bogart (Who also co-produced the album with the band), makes them go into the studio to record their third album in a year, although it was released 13 months after the first one. The production is good, adds more to some of the songs, although on a few of the songs it takes a few listens to realise that there are in fact two guitars playing (mostly because they are playing the same thing).

The songs (bar She) are all under 3 mins, so that does make the album pretty short. Again i suppose thats because they had no material when they went into the studio. Still wrth a listen, although i'd have another album lined up to listen to when this is finished as its over quite quickly (supposed Gene used to have that problem lmao)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Skid Row by Skid Row

Love these guys and this album. I doubt I ever would've heard of them if one of my ex-girlfriends hadn't introduced me to them way back in secondary school, and that's a shame because they're actually great. Their debut's very typical late-80s hard rock (think Guns n' Roses). Their second album was better and more consistent (and a metric f*ck-ton heavier) but I still think this has the best song they ever did on it, "18 & Life".

PVTDukeMorrison

I will never hear this song the same way ever again  :laugh:

KiramidHead

I'd say this is my number one album of all time. 8)

Whiskeybrewer

The last album released so far by Journey (and the last to feature Drummer, Deen Castonovo before he was fired last year). Its such a hard rocking album. Sure it features a few of their signature ballads, but even those songs are tempered with hard rocking intro's or outro's. Like the previous album Revelations, the majority of the songs are written by Neal Schon and Johnanthan Cain, but vocalist Arnel Pineda gets in on the act for a couple of songs, including the awesome To Whom It May Concern, that just soars. Its definitely my fave track off the album, closly followed by Anything is Possible and album opener City of Hope which was written about Pineda's home city of Manila, when they did the Live in Manila DVD.

Some people may not like the hard rocking and slightly proggy nature of the album, but i think its a nice change, especially after years of Poppy Rock moments and fantasic harmonies. Bands should be allowed to experiment, especially when they've had such a long and diverse career as Journey. The only thing i would is not have closing instrumental Venus as its on track and just have the album be 11 tracks. Since its basically just a reprise on To Whom It May Concern with Neal Schon soloing over the top of it. They should have just left it as the end of an epic track, like this really:

Whiskeybrewer

A great album from Maiden. It regards to the songwriting if pretty much picks up where A Matter of Life and Death left off, but production and sound wise, it harks back to Brave New World and in my opinion Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. The sound just has the crispness and life that the two albums before didnt quite have for me. Also there is a tiny bit of experimentation, mainly on the opening track Satellite 15, which is essentially, track listing wise to the opening half of Title Track The Final Frontier. Why they didnt just seperate these tracks i dont know.

I dont think for me there is a single dud on this album, sure there are tracks that aren't as good as some of the others, namely The Alchemist, but they are still good songs. Starbound is just fantastic and album closer When the Wild Wind Blows (based on the Raymond Briggs story) is just fantasic. What a way to close a great album

HuDaFuK

Slave to the Grind by Skid Row

Skid Row return much, much heavier than on their debut (the title track is verging on thrash) with what is one of my all-time favourite hard rock/metal albums. Put simply, this rips from start to finish. Definitely worthwhile if you fancy checking it out!

Sadly their third album marked another change in style (grunge/alternative this time) and was pretty rubbish. Still, they did release a decent covers EP following Slave to the Grind, which is most notable for its great 80s hard rock-style cover of Hendrix's "Little Wing". I've never heard any of their more recent records since they re-formed, but I haven't heard anything great about them. Too bad, their first two albums were ace.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 29, 2016, 10:18:05 AM
http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p550/luciferian1/Frontier_zpsmgnwymho.jpg

A great album from Maiden.

I did actually give that one a cursory listen and enjoyed it more than many of their other recent albums, but I've yet to give it a proper going over.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed