First AvP3 Screenshots!

Started by newbeing, Apr 22, 2009, 05:49:37 PM

Author
First AvP3 Screenshots! (Read 161,692 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

BadBlood

BadBlood

Thanks for that!

Oh yeah, I'm new here, have been reading along, thought I'd join in on the madness! ;D

Stalker

Stalker

I've been out of the AVP loop lately, & to check in & see these new screens is a whole new invigoration for the game.

I think it all looks great so far, the graphics (assuming they are in-game shots) look fantastic. The detailing on the characters is excellent, especially the small scales & patterns on the face of the predator. The ability to finally grab enemies (as shown in the picture of the predator holding a marine by the throat)  is something I've waited for since the first game, & could make room for some very interesting execution kills.

I hope that not all the predators' faces use the ADI designs, there's plenty of room to mix & match. After all, AVP2 had several different types of each species, so we might see some Wolf or Predator 2-style creatures making an appearance, not to mention the original Giger alien, amongst others. As for the xenomorphs, I think the designs look good. They've done away with the bulky, fleshy pieces from the recent films, which was long over-due. The dorsal spines look a little large in a couple of the pictures, but I still think the creatures look great.

I can't wait for some clear high-res screenshots, you can only tell so much from magazine scans. But it's a start, & more than enough to wet my appetite. Bring on Aliens vs. Predator 3, 2010 can't be here soon enough.

Awgustas

Awgustas

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 24, 2009, 10:35:18 AM
Okay, here are you're beastly images:

http://saturn.afmu.com/~virtec20/img034.jpg
http://saturn.afmu.com/~virtec20/img035.jpg
http://saturn.afmu.com/~virtec20/img036.jpg
http://saturn.afmu.com/~virtec20/img037.jpg

I'll upload the last two pages soon. The family was bitching about my uploads slowing the net down.  ::)
On the 2nd link, when you close up, you can see
"Online options: Aliens vs. Predators vs. Marines ETA: November
Maybe it's coming in November? :o

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

November 10 I'm sure it means.

Posted last two pages up. Also anyone notice the ruins in the Predator screenshot?

SiL

SiL

The article refers to it as "the AVP of 2009", though. I'm thinking there's a chance it's coming out this year.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Maybe. It was about 2 years ago BS announced this was in the works.

SiL

SiL

Just as soon as we get confirmation it's going to come out on PC, I'll be happy.

Otherwise I'm going to have to buy a PS3.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sod that. 360 dude.  :)

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

360 what? AvP being 360 only or you liking 360 more?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm saying get the 360.  :) I'll be getting for PC and 360. I'm hoping on moddability.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Since I've already got a PS3, I'll be getting it for that.

Thanks for uploading the mag, Hicks. This game looks like it will be f**king awesome.

BTW, Is that the BS influence I see with that concept art of the pred holding up a marine while holding back an alien.  :D

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Wow I'm surprised we're geting screenshots already! Looks awesome so far!

vehtam

vehtam

So, we're getting ADI's predator facial design? great  ::)

Alien looks, however, mega-f*cking-awesome!

locusta

locusta

Quote from: Xhan on Apr 23, 2009, 12:42:14 AM
Aside from the fact they look like ass?

It's supposed to be an Alien, not a two legged basking shark with Borg piping glued to it. I guarantee if these aren't placeholders the modeler in question was by commission and used Dark Horses shit "designs" as the main reference material as evidenced in spades by the completely wrong from top down anatomy. Instead of writing a three page dissertation, this will simply suffice:

Aside from the placeholder striketeeth, this is what a CamerAlien is supposed to look like. It's not hard to find the reference material to get it right.

As for the Pred except for coloration, he's a complete do-over from stem to stern.

When your game is called Aliens vs Predator and the only thing that looks right is the Humans.... something is wrong. The best scenario you can hope for here is the Aliens are literally mix and match anatomy by user preference and the Predator shown has some horrible disfiguring bone and muscle disease with his gear designed by Rob Liefield.

off topic.

Xhan, I really feel flattered. Thanks for the roses ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed