What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 155,462 times)

Morgoth

Morgoth

Avp got me into the alien franchise but now I despise both avps.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

When my parents showed me Alien for the first time. I thought the Xenomorph was so cool, it quickly became my favorite creature in a movie. After that, I saw the other Alien movies and then the Predator movies. Then Avp, which disappointed me greatly.

SpongeXenoSquareMorph

SpongeXenoSquareMorph

I actually became a fan quite recently. My dad loves violent video games, and when I was at his house one day, and he happened to purchase Aliens Vs Predator (2010). I watched some Pred gameplay, and I decided to give the Xenomorph a try. I instantly became hooked, and several movie purchases later, I loved the Yautja too. I watched all the movies (Except Alien3) and my favorite is Aliens Vs Predator.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

demonickitty

demonickitty

what made me a fan was...when i first saw the movie i thought the humans sucked...aliens were to easy to kill...predators are the best option becouse it only takes three to wipe out a whole clan..but in avpr apparently it takes one hellova fighter to take out a clan...thats why im a fan of predators.  ;) ;)

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: demonickitty on Jun 14, 2012, 04:06:05 AM
what made me a fan was...when i first saw the movie i thought the humans sucked...aliens were to easy to kill...predators are the best option becouse it only takes three to wipe out a whole clan..but in avpr apparently it takes one hellova fighter to take out a clan...thats why im a fan of predators.  ;) ;)

This is why people need to see the Alien films first.

AlienatedPredator

AlienatedPredator

So true. It's so depressing to read through these comments that I had to cease and desist.

XenomorphH2S

XenomorphH2S

I'm a new fan. In the last few weeks I watched "Alien" for the first time. Growing up I never really was into Sci Fi. I was always into Horror. Recently, I started reading about "Prometheus" and thought "what the heck, I'll give it a go".

"Alien" did something that no Horror film has done to me in forever. I literally jumped out of my skin :o...twice. Towards the end I was on the edge of the couch just wondering if she was going to save Jones and what her next move would be.

I haven't gotten that much into a film in forever.

Now I'm casually going through all Alien/Predator/AVP films and I'm hooked for life.  ;D

SM

SM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 13, 2012, 08:26:03 PM
Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

Stingray

Stingray

For a long time I had been afraid of actually seeing any of the movies because when I was six I saw a similar horror movie, with a similar monster that uses human hosts for its life cycle. I was terrified to the point of being mentally scarred from it, so I've had nightmares of it for many years to come. When I described it to my mother, she said it sounded like one of the Alien movies. And, so, there. I knew what franchise to avoid for the rest of my life!  ;)

Then, when I turned 13, I discovered I had actually watched some rip-off with bad reviews. I felt terrible to actually be scarred from a rip-off... almost ashamed. So I decided to give one of the Alien films a chance, as I found the hype to be unusually high. Alien 3 was on TV, and I ended up enjoying it to my surprise. That's what started my general interest.

What made me a fan? Finally seeing the '79 movie a month later. Sure I was frightened quite a few times, but I was almost speechless after. It was like the most amazing thing I'd ever seen in my life. In fact, I did manage a cheesy whisper of "wow!" And I might add, it literally changed my life. And when I finally saw all of the movies, that's when I decided I'm going to make a movie like this one day. And there, the creativity you see in me today was born.

Oh! And those nightmares finally stopped too. I guess because a certain fear had been conquered. Any nightmares I've had post-Alien films have been far more tolerable, to the point that I've actually used them as inspiration for scenes in my movie project.  :D

Now the Predator movies on the other hand, I can't remember when I saw the first movie. But I know I've seen them all, including the abomination AVPs, but they were just meh to me. I could honestly care less about predators.  :P

Mr.White5759

Mr.White5759

I was 4 when I saw the first predator movie at my neighbor's house and instantly fell in love with the idea of predators and then for my fifth birthday my grandpa got me all the alien and predator movies and I watched them back to back for 4 days straight. I am 14 now and my passion for this topic has only grown and I remember when I was little I would wish that one of them would take me and raise me to be a hunter mostly because I had a rough childhood. I love these series and I can't wait for the next movie to come out if they make one.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

For me the hook was the mysteriousness in ALIEN that has slowly faded since then.

ALIENS sort of kept the mysteriousness but at the same time it did nothing to expand it.

ALIEN3 has a great score if you ask me and it always makes me want to go back and watch the Trilogy again.

A:R was a popcorn b-rated sci-fi flick with a big budget.

I liked the Predator movies but don't care for them as I with ALIEN but I still don't want to see them getting ruined in AvP movies or other terrible shit. As far as I am concerned the Xenos have gotten terrible treatment ever since the comics.

Shinawi

Shinawi

The alien planet and the future technology depicted in Alien caught my attention quickly. The futuristic scenes were considered to be fascinating at that time. (The computer in Alien looks like it's running DOS). I liked those type of movies. Then the movie started to show the horror and the gore unexpectedly. I felt as if I was lured by George Lucas who turned out to be the bogeyman. It was the first time I watched a sci-fi and horror theme in one, especially with the gore of that calibre. The chestburster scene remains vivid in my memory to this day. I was amazed when I found out that this movie was made way back when my parents were young.

My cousin rented Aliens on the same day. I didn't know the title so I didn't realize that it was the sequel and I didn't know that it was going to be another horror with gore movie. I was just fascinated by the sci-fi scenes (although I see more impressive technology being shown in the Discovery Channel nowadays). And then I saw the aliens and thought, "oh oh." While I was thinking that this movie was too much for me, the queen put the scary level even higher. I wanted to leave and yet I couldn't take my eyes off the tv. The punctured and puking android scene is another scene that remains vivid in my memory. I liked how this movie had more powerful and numerous aliens and humans.

These movies remain as the standard for horror and gore to me. If the heroes in the other movies don't look like they can handle the aliens, then those heroes are nothing to me.

Predator is similar to Alien and Aliens in a way thay they start mysteriously. I had no idea what those movie were going to be about or who they were going to face against. And then the horror came like a tidal wave. Although a predator looks less scary than an alien to me, the predator has more impressive technology and fighting skills than the humans do in Alien and Aliens. I especially enjoyed how the predators handled the aliens. I'm going to watch my AvP dvd again.

aliens13

aliens13

I'm a big fan of alien since i have 4 years old.

PredFan4Life

PredFan4Life

Big fan of Predator since i saw predator 1 after that i was hooked on the predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed