Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 196,993 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Crom can you comment on this?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: ace3g on Oct 26, 2007, 08:19:24 PM
First of all most fans of the Aliens and Predator are going to see the movie no matter what;
True. But like hell I'm paying (The DVD rental place down the road has some excellent deals on a regular basis).

QuoteI'm just saying everyone is basing their opinions on trailers, production shots, and interviews, yes I know that is all we have right now, but still go see the movie first and then state your opinion
...You do realise that's the entire point of having the trailers, production shots, and interviews, yes? To generate opinions?

It's like saying don't breathe oxygen, wait until we grow out of lungs altogether.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 08:18:55 PM

Of course! We will just let the war to start, because evidences from spys and our own inteligence are not reliable enough.

Yeah simple. Original reproduceing method was much more complexed and interesting. Cuting out few parts form reproduction cylce, can`t be honestly called "more complex" can it?
[/quote]

Its not simple...its showing Aliens have more ways to reproduce that's complex

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Before my point gets lost here:

Even if this new method didn't lead to egg-morphing (something I even find more ridiculous) wouldn't mean to f**k up the cycle.
Looking at ALIEN:
There's one Alien that wants to create a new hive.So it catches prey.
The egg (Brett) created by egg-morphing could have contained a queen hugger since the most important thing for a hive is the queen. Dallas doesn't necessarily have to transform into an egg, he could have been impregnated like the new method might show and give birth to a Chestburster. Same goes for Lambert.
When there's a new Queen eggs can be layed and a new cycle can begin.
Easy as that so where's a problem there ?

DB

ace3g

ace3g

yes, but people can be mislead by trailers and pictures, somethings don't even make the final cut; certain lines can be changed, scenes taking out or added in, etc.

Plus everyone is going to want to see the movie to see what the big suprise the Strause's have been talking about. 

Like someone else said, that quote about the Predalien regurgitating the chestbursters into humans could have been a misprint or misunderstood

SiL

SiL

If this method of reproduction bypasses eggs and huggers altogether, yes, it contradicts the DC of Alien.

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Did you even read what I wrote ? ???

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 08:59:19 AM
I hope he is an Idiot. And 12 alien suits dosen·t mean 12 aliens.

No, but it does mean less than fifty. They also say we won't see fifty digitally placed in screen.

Which makes me wonder what the 'population' preview was meant to signify, if not the growing number of creatures being bred there.

Quote from: Procurator on Oct 26, 2007, 02:33:11 PM
Finally , i was waiting for an explanation why Chet's inner mouth is so long and thinner than the regular Alien . Enough length to crawl down the throat.

They've always been long, once they fully extend. It was part of why the head is as long as it is. There's at least one scene in 'Alien 3', where the prisoner is rescued from its grasp, for the mouth to fully extend and it does so by about a mile.

QuoteThe inner mouth, judging by it's looks works just like the facehugger's. And in the red band trailer there was a scene right before impaling the predator with it's tale the predalien's mouth (predator mouth) was closed tusks on one another.  So this could be feasible , the tusks hold the victim's head from escaping while the inner mouth impregnates the victim. So in this case the predalien serves the purpose of the face hugger rather than the queen.

Unfortunately, the way ADI have designed the mouth, the mandibles don't look as strong as they should have been. That 3D Custom Foam model was how they more or less should have been. These ones, while long and fangy, look like they could be torn off or easily dislocated, because of how they have been located.

In fact, I'm fearing that wolf missing one is going to foreshadow it doing precisely the same thing to the Predalien, in an unfortunately predictable attempt at foreshadowing.

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 26, 2007, 06:20:45 PM
Where's a Colin when you need one?

Hiding. :)

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:46 PM
Secondly lambert was not egg morphed.

No, but if I'm right about egging being to create Queens and this being to make regulars, then this could have been what happened with that character.

Just a theory, of course, but that's the only way I can think of how this could settle with canon, personally.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Dragonblaster on Oct 26, 2007, 08:29:24 PM
Yees, and if it doesn't lead to egg morphing it's a continuity error. We don't know what happened to Lambert, but we have absolutely no reason to assume it was this.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:27:17 PM
If this method of reproduction bypasses eggs and huggers altogether, yes, it contradicts the DC of Alien.
where does anywhere say it can't happen? if it skips it that makes it adaptable

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:32:46 PM
Yees, and if it doesn't lead to egg morphing it's a continuity error. We don't know what happened to Lambert, but we have absolutely no reason to assume it was this.

There could be egg-morphing AND that new method. But that doesn't mean one thing has to lead to another. That's the point of what I'm saying.

Tun

Tun

Sounds like it's leading to egg-morphing to me. And I don't think that through the mouth is such a bad way to do it.  Makes sense in fact.
If it is not morphing, however, sounds like a cheap way to skip eggs and queen. so...uh oh.

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

We've never seen what the phase of reproduction was between a young queen and a fully aged egg laying queen.  Continuity has not only been maintained, but expanded upon.

That Yellow Alien

So the Predalien is a young Queen?

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 08:36:26 PM

We've never seen what the phase of reproduction was between a young queen and a fully aged egg laying queen.  Continuity has not only been maintained, but expanded upon.
Thank you...been trying to help you and tell them that....but are you saying it takes time for a Queen to start laying eggs...in AR bad example but still the Queen in it started laying eggs pretty fast

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed