Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 197,015 times)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Gates on Oct 26, 2007, 08:49:12 AM
Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 08:46:23 AM
But why? Aliens have their own method of reproduceing which is nearly perfect. Why to chang that for some cheap method? Do any one of you have any ideas?

They didn't want to regurgitate the Queen again so instead they have the predalien regurgitating...zing!  ;D

DISCLAIMER: ^^^^Sarcasm^^^^

Apparently the director's cared more about being controversial as well as showing new stuff rather than show the queen again, which would not f**k with the lifecycle in any way whatsoever.

The Ultimate Predator

I think the Predalien looks cool, I don't mind egg-morphing, but mouth to mouth? I'm not sure, I'll wait and see how it plays out.

Stalker

Stalker

They might not have had the budget to bring the Queen back, although why they couldn't have simply touched up the design from AVP & re-used that I have no idea. It's a possibility they wanted all the focus on the predalien, rather than the Queen as well.

Either way, they still could have thought up a better reproduction method than this, it's horribly cliché from many horror films.

Master

Master

It could have been so good. It could have been so sweet...... But now it is just fu*ked up. I want confirmation of this bz the director of film.

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: Gates on Oct 26, 2007, 08:18:38 AM
Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Oct 26, 2007, 08:18:13 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:16:46 AM
I doubt the Alien did it by mouth-to-mouth regurgitation, but ... well, shit. Who knows. I very suddenly stopped giving a damn.

So, it could be egg-morphing like in Alien?

It's plausible only because we never saw how it specifically happened...

I see.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

I went back to read some other comments by the guy from fox, and it also says the predalien leads a pack of aliens. I really hope there are not 3 or 4 aliens which follow the predalien around at all times and act like a f**king wolf pack. There's certainly nothing wrong with aliens using teamwork to kill or ambush victims, but this seems lame as well.

So hopefully its just the guy being an idiot. But then again, other info he mentioned is correct, like using only 12 alien suits..etc.

Master

Master

I hope he is an Idiot. And 12 alien suits dosen·t mean 12 aliens.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 08:59:19 AM
I hope he is an Idiot. And 12 alien suits dosen·t mean 12 aliens.

i never said that i thought there would be only 12 aliens. The "pack" comment was from pic 3. where the guy says "the predalien leads a pack of the creatures to a small colorado town".
Hopefully he is just misinformed to some degree, talking out his ass. I doubt there are other aliens already onboard the ship as if the predalien leads a bunch of full grown aliens to the town.

Master

Master

I think that after "normal" life cycle would also be fu<ked up, and we will face instant aliens again. So after impalantation of Hunter and his son, in 20 minutes we will have 3 adult aliens.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 09:04:33 AM
I think that after "normal" life cycle would also be fu<ked up, and we will face instant aliens again. So after impalantation of Hunter and his son, in 20 minutes we will have 3 adult aliens.

no, no, no..enough disapointment for one day. lol

I know the guy could be off on that point, but it does seem like the regurgitating is official, its just unkown if its linked to egg morphing or not. Even if it is, it really doesn't take away the stupidity factor of it though.

Highland

Highland

You guys reallly didnt see it coming though? i mean how many more clues did you want? \\\"she\\\'s looking to mate\\\", no eggs in the film, Aliens left right and centre.

Not a shock, I\\\'m still going to wait to see it before i call on it though.

I\\\'m really not giving a toss, Wolf looks good, the aliens got screwed over way back before AVP.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 26, 2007, 09:08:10 AM
You guys reallly didnt see it coming though? i mean how many more clues did you want? \\\"she\\\'s looking to mate\\\", no eggs in the film, Aliens left right and centre.

Not a shock, I\\\'m still going to wait to see it before i call on it though.

I\\\'m really not giving a toss, Wolf looks good, the aliens got screwed over way back before AVP.

I knew egg morphing was a possibility, but not vomiting down a hosts throat. lol. You can't not be disappointed by that.

wait a minute. no eggs in the film. Was that ever officially stated? If so, then its pure, 100% embryo puking. :(

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

yeah, I suspected this may have been how they were F@c%ing with the lifecycle.  It sounds really stupid, and I hope it isnt true.  if it is, it better have a logical reason other than, "Predaliens can just do that because they are bad ass."

Daweism

Daweism

Stan Winston LOL's @ all od ADI.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Come to think of it, ADI or anyone working on the film has never mentioned the egg design. There were no eggs in any of the various pics, or footage in any of the multiple trailers, yet we have seen the chestbursters, the facehugger design.
 If there are no eggs at all, you can't have egg morphing. So unless they purposefully didn't show any eggs and didn't talk about working on them as not to spoil the egg morphing suprise(really not much of a suprise, considering it was speculated months ago),
this confirms the worst of the worst, just puking embryos in people and at an alarming rate as well, considering the town gets overrun. If the warrior aliens are doing it to, it will really f**k with continuity since they've never done that in any of the alien films. (i refuse to believe the alien in the first film puked down bretts throat)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed