Fangoria previews AVP-R

Started by Malicious Predator, Sep 26, 2007, 12:17:53 PM

Author
Fangoria previews AVP-R (Read 11,032 times)

Malicious Predator

Malicious Predator

Fangoria magazine has an article about AVP-R calling it Alien. Vs Predator 2, maybe you have seen it. It has interviews with Colin and Gregg and they talk a little bit with the cast. Old stills also, one of the fake stills of the predator. And the first still that came out with the wolf grabbing the alien.

Its just a short article in the preview sektion "monster invasion" at the beggining of the magazine.

The next issue will have a more indepth article, looking forward to that.:)

/Ola

Darkness

Darkness

Can you get a scan of it?

Malicious Predator

Sorry.:) Im at work and i don´t have the magazine with me. Maybe later or tomorrow.:)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'll go into town and have a look for it.

War Wager

War Wager

I just went into town and they had just sold the last copy!  :( :P

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

I have it, I'll try and get a picture of it after school. Seems like the main 5 characters are Kelly, Molly, Dallas, Ricky, and Jesse.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Sounds nice.

TheUrbanPredator

TheUrbanPredator

Can't wait to see the scans. I wish they had some new pics with it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Any luck with scans/transcripts?

echobbase79

echobbase79

He's still at school right now I'd guess. Probably somewhere around 3 or 4 LA time and he'll have them.

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

I can't wait to see it.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

"Alien vs. Predator 2" The war comes to our home (I don't have a scanner, so I just typed it)
Its a bitterly cold night in port moody, bc when fango visits the set of 20th century fox,s avp sequel. the temperature dips below freezing as workmen line up the rain towwers which dangle from cranes far overhead. soon the apparatus will spill large amount of water down onto the deserted street in a simulated cloudburst which will give the blvd a mysterious and ominous aspect.
beneath a tent, the films directors, greg and colin strause, busy themselves making the host of decisions necessary to bring the latest chapter of this much loved franchise to the big screen. nearby a group of actors including reiko aylesworth, steve pasquale, johnny lewis, kristen hager, and ariel gade huddle around an industrial heater as they await the deluge soon to be dumped down upon their heads.
while this is technically bros. strause debut feature, they and their hydrualx visual fx company have been working in film for quite a long time. (titanic, galaxy quest, day after tomorrow) "we actually pitched the original avp"-Greg Strause "That was something we though would have original come out when we were in high school, and no one made the movie." we were like "Man, how come no ones done this?" so we approached the producers and the studio and said "this movie has to be made. kids will love it" "except our idea was probably a little too big"-Greg Strause
"yeah a little large" agrees Colin, as bros. often do, the men tend to finsih one anothers thoughts. "anyway we had gone into fox last year witha  pitch that was really atmospheric, moody and horror based"-colin
"I dont think it has been scary since alien 3"-Colin
"were huge james cameron and john mctiernan fans"-Greg
-Fox ultimately decided 2 go in another direction, but the bros. reamined on a list of ppl to be called on should the need arise. after the successful release of avp 1, the decision was made to produce a follow up. Enter the Brothers Strause.
The story this time out involves an accident that sets the Aliens loose on an unsuspecting small town here on Earth. as the body count rises, a lone, battle hardened predator is called on to clean up the mess and minimize the fallout. cauight between the deadly alien horde and the badass creature come to exterminate them are are a small gruop of human survivors who must either join the fight or be wiped out in the exchange.
plotwise, it all sounds good so far.
back on set,every little detail haveing been addressed, the call for rain is given and a torrent of water comes cascading down, soaking man and machine alike. the actors step out and are immediately drenched to the skin. blocking instructions are given and "action" is called.
the actors run toward an abandoned military vehicle and scavenge some eagerly sought fire-power. the scene ends and the group makes a hasty retreat back to the much-needed heat.
shivering against the cold, they huddle for the warmth and laugh congenially with one another, their voices quiverin as their teeth chatter. reiko smiles widely and says "ive done action-on tv shows-but nothing on this scale" the others nod as water drips from their hair. just as they begin to warm up, the cvall comes in that theyre ready for a fresh take.
back at the monitor, the 2 directors look at the last take and make minor adjustments to their game plan. a comment is made about how cold the actors must be. with a smile and a wink colin siad "we told them, 'you guys wanted to be movie stars!' "
before leaving the set for the night, fango asks how much more of this grueling environment the cast/crew can look forward to.
"weve got a week on the street in the rain"-greg
"then we have a week on the rooftop set, a lot of the stuff is going to be inside locations or stages after that, but weve got a few weeks of freezing our asses off" he laughs and waves in mock dismissal. "itll be fine"-Greg

thats it. sorry its not neat and stuff. i got everything, except for the useless stuff like "the brothers went up against fRancis Lawrence for Constantine!" just missing a sentence or two.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Thanks Pvt.  ;D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Thanks for the info dude.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

No problem.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed