Who would you like to see in the next movie? Or in any new Alien movie?

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Nov 24, 2017, 07:56:10 PM

Author
Who would you like to see in the next movie? Or in any new Alien movie? (Read 37,542 times)

Highland

I guess the movies are a little more complex now. Both Alien and Aliens are simple movies so there's more time to get to know everyone.

Scorpio

Quote from: 0321recon on Dec 03, 2017, 03:12:51 AM

I agree. If Fox would had kept it to Rapace and Fassbender with some engineer/neomorph  horror would had hit it off the park.

That's why it took 5 years to make, because they couldn't figure out how to make that work.

Baron Von Marlon

Another one came to mind. She looks right for the part but I can't remember her acting.
Only saw her in Cold Prey (aka Fritt Vilt) 1 and 2. Guess I'll have to watch them again.
Apparently she's also in Hercules with Dwayne Johnson but I didn't see that one.

Ingrid Bolsø Berdal
These pictures are from about 10 years ago though.

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 03, 2017, 06:59:39 AM

I agree. If Fox would had kept it to Rapace and Fassbender with some engineer/neomorph  horror would had hit it off the park.

That's why it took 5 years to make, because they couldn't figure out how to make that work.

Maybe they did but it was too expensive. I hope time will tell.

Scorpio

Yep she's pretty good, is good in Hercules as well.  Very Ripley like.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: AD on Dec 02, 2017, 11:38:18 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 02, 2017, 05:14:32 PM
And Rebecca Ferguson as Daniels was also a maybe at one point. I think Cate Blanchett as well. Ridley also met with Leonardo DiCaprio a few months before filming on Covenant began but I think that was probably for a possible role in The Cartel which at that point was still scheduled to be filmed after Covenant.

She was in talks, but it she also took a role The Snowman, and that would have created scheduling conflicts it seems.

But Fassbender was also in The Snowman and he managed to work around it. Maybe she was already committed to Life whose principle photography timeframe ran parallel with that of Covenant?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Helen Mirren as female protagonist with drinking problems. Why not? I want to see grandma killing some Aliens!

Viggo Mortensen as bad-ass Corporal or head of security and Hiroyuki Sanada as his side-kick.

Christopher Walken and Willem Dafoe as (mad ... mauaha) scientists. Who wouldn't like to see that duo?

Takeshi Kitano or Ken Watanabe as company man.

Jeff Bridges and Kurt Russell as pilots. Hell yeah!

Mads Mikkelsen as I-am-robot.

SM

So a bunch of clichéd stereotypes then?

tleilaxu

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 03, 2017, 07:11:23 AM
Another one came to mind. She looks right for the part but I can't remember her acting.
Only saw her in Cold Prey (aka Fritt Vilt) 1 and 2. Guess I'll have to watch them again.
Apparently she's also in Hercules with Dwayne Johnson but I didn't see that one.

Ingrid Bolsø Berdal
These pictures are from about 10 years ago though.

http://www.freecovers.net/preview/0/e0f9f8a04cb45c62546160c81d8792e8/big.jpg

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 03, 2017, 06:59:39 AM

Maybe they did but it was too expensive. I hope time will tell.
I love that haircut.

Ingwar

Quote from: SM on Dec 03, 2017, 10:38:04 PM
So a bunch of clichéd stereotypes then?

I was taking the Mick. Movie with such a cast will never happen but to be honest I would love to see it. I prefer cliche characters than flat as pancakes protagonists from Prometheus and Covenant.

Since when Helen Mirren (age 72) would have been cliched stereotype in Alien universe?

SM

They've done cynical broken woman in various Ripley incarnations.  This one just drinks.  If you want a grandmother in an Alien film - you already have Sigourney Weaver.

Ingwar

All female cast in Alien films are young women. I would like to see elderly women in Alien movie but no Weaver. Ripley is cooked for me.

My idea for the movie made this morning:

Elderly lady. Damaged by life ex-military who works as only security officer on ORION (small scientific spaceship) owned by WY. She earns extra money for her retirement or she's already retired but has nothing left to do on Earth or other colonies. No family. She doesn't have good relationship with the crew but she's there because of the security protocol. She's bitter person who secretly drinks. However, she likes synthetic IGOR (servant in Gothic stories).

Orion comes back from the mission and received SOS from scientific space station belongs to non-WY corporation. They don't have to go there (different company) but scientist know each other and Orion's person in charge decides to check it out. At the same time mercenaries (mostly with military background) hired by WY head towards the station and have no choice but to invade Orion and take control over the ship. Female protagonist goes to the cryo-sleep just for few hours (it's part of her plan). Mercenary leader doesn't want to kill the crew. Together they board the station which seems to be abandoned. Mother is off line or works but cannot say a lot because of agenda. She pisses everyone off or as A.I helps and acts against WY protocol. Some mercenaries meet enormous GOLIATH (station's bodyguard type synthetic) during exploring and it doesn't end up good for them. He also knows a lot what happened. Our grandma wakes up and joins the party. And then everything goes south because ... . It's just an idea. Nothing else.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 04, 2017, 11:22:34 AM
All female cast in Alien films are young women. I would like to see elderly women in Alien movie but no Weaver. Ripley is cooked for me.

I'd definitely like a larger female presence in the next main cast and throughout the film. I'd like them to try and at least better hide who the final surviving female character ends up being.

Ingwar

Yeah, surprise us like in Train to Busan.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 04, 2017, 11:34:05 AMI'd definitely like a larger female presence in the next main cast and throughout the film. I'd like them to try and at least better hide who the final surviving female character ends up being.

They should pull some kind of Game Of Thrones. Kill some of those of which we think are main characters while a side-character emerges as the new hero.
Or give us a lone male survivor. While we think our female's the lead, she dies terribly.
Or everyone dies while David flies off into deep space. This way there will be a man (android?) made ruin left behind for a possibly sequel.
And David's still around somewhere in case someone wants to pick up that thread.

Stitch

I kinda the idea brought up by Ingwar. Have Takeshi Kitano as Hideo Yutan.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed