Neomorph headburster

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Nov 09, 2017, 02:39:50 PM

Author
Neomorph headburster (Read 950 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

From the storyboards for Alien: Paradise.
I think this would've been nice for a change.
I imagine the victim getting a headache frome the spores and then all of sudden without warning: burst!

Jango1201

Jango1201

I thought the backburster and throatburster were disappointing. I was expecting much more graphic births. That being said, not exactly sure how Ridley would handle a headburster.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

I agree. I liked the backburster mainly because Ben Rigby sold the shit out of it, but I was really hoping Hallett's neomorph would punch its way through his skull, destroying his face completely.

SM

SM

The precious little room for anything in the chest, never mind something as big as a Neomorph in someone's bonce.

Coming up the throat then exploding out the top of the head would be suitably nasty, but the mouth makes more sense.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

Quote from: Jango1201 on Nov 09, 2017, 11:03:51 PM
I thought the backburster and throatburster were disappointing. I was expecting much more graphic births. That being said, not exactly sure how Ridley would handle a headburster.

same here. when i heard about the 'backburster' i was thinking LITERALLY the same thing from alien, but from behind where the spinal column was sent shattering outwards. instead it was basically a sack that kind came thru the guys back... meh

the 'throatburster' i picture literally exploding the guys neck... nope, just upchucks a slimy, alien filled sack.

they were neat ideas, just a bit overhyped i think. i guess maybe i wouldve been a little more shocked by it all had the 'backburster' scene not been completely spoiled for the most part by the trailers.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

If I remember right, there's concept art of Prometheus that shows a sort of facehugger bursting out of the chest.
That would be cruel too. Seeing the legs coming from inside and then tearing open the ribcage.

All this is why I'm becoming more fan of the neomorphs and other 'morphs.
They bring more variety and could deliver some memorable scenes when done right.

Quote from: SM on Nov 09, 2017, 11:17:34 PM
The precious little room for anything in the chest, never mind something as big as a Neomorph in someone's bonce.

Coming up the throat then exploding out the top of the head would be suitably nasty, but the mouth makes more sense.

True.
Perhaps if the victim is in a coma first, we don't get to see any signs of infection on the the outside and then blammo!.

Quote from: DorkiDori on Nov 10, 2017, 12:36:28 AMsame here. when i heard about the 'backburster' i was thinking LITERALLY the same thing from alien, but from behind where the spinal column was sent shattering outwards. instead it was basically a sack that kind came thru the guys back... meh

I think there were Beavis and Butt-Head kinda reactions with the original backburster design.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/Ledward2Bboards2BD-F.jpg

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Man guys I must be soft or something but but both the backburster and throatburster were horrific. I mean there were much better concepts but it and of itself both were nasty. Sure, neither lives up to the original but almost nothing ever does. And yes I was expecting some back breaking from the backburster, instead of the ziplock effect we got but I mean come on both dudes had their inners destroyed to birth those little monsters.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The cgi made it less horrific imo.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

It's weird man, you're right. If completely badass concept art didn't exist, I for one would definitely appreciate what we saw onscreen. The "what could have been" in this case is soooo cool though. I would have absolutely ruined my underpants if they filmed the storyboard of the pathogen-exposed plant infecting the guy who then abruptly mutates into a Fifield/Xeno/Tree thing.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Nov 10, 2017, 02:49:13 PM
It's weird man, you're right. If completely badass concept art didn't exist, I for one would definitely appreciate what we saw onscreen. The "what could have been" in this case is soooo cool though. I would have absolutely ruined my underpants if they filmed the storyboard of the pathogen-exposed plant infecting the guy who then abruptly mutates into a Fifield/Xeno/Tree thing.
Yeah, those plants are pretty awesome.
I'm really hoping they incorporate some of those ideas in the next one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed