Things Prometheus/Covenant did better?

Started by Berend, Oct 14, 2017, 09:12:51 AM

Author
Things Prometheus/Covenant did better? (Read 1,506 times)

SM

SM

To be fair the best stuff on the Covenant soundtrack was the reworked Goldsmith stuff, and recalled stuff from Alien3 and Resurrection.  Except Cabin By The Lake which was brilliant.  And also similar to a cue called Hold Me, I'm Falling from Monsoon Wedding.

I feel Prometheus had more original material.  Which was also used again in Covenant.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 17, 2017, 07:34:16 AM
Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Oct 16, 2017, 11:08:14 AM
Covenants score is vastly superior for me. I was very disappointed with much of Prometheus score, particularly the title music which sounded very star trek to my ears.

I just have this general impression of Prometheus trying to sound grand quite often when it doesn't need to. I think there were a few tracks I liked in there but I couldn't remember off-hand.

I think so too. My personal taste leans more towards a darker tone so it didn't really work for me. I like the parts later on in the film that have a sort of pulsing urgency to them, I cant quite recall which scenes use it but think the sand storm sequence was one of them.

SM

SM

Going In was one of those.

Jonesy1974

Yes that's one of them, very atmospheric and at that point in the film really upped the anticipation of what they would find. cheers for pointing it out.

Berend

Quick questions guys and girls, how do you reply to people personally? I can't seem to figure that out.  ???

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Berend on Oct 17, 2017, 12:04:14 PM

Quick questions guys and girls, how do you reply to people personally? I can't seem to figure that out.  ???

You mean like this?

Hit the "Quote" button on the top right of the post you wish to address. You can also edit the quote if you want to address something specific, instead of the whole post.

As for the actual topic, the only thing Covenant did better than Prometheus was the poster. Everything else ranges from not as good (visuals, acting) to bloody terrible (plot, characters, lore, use of monster). The soundtrack is a painful subject because I do like parts of it, but those are the parts it reused from the original Alien, so even in that department Prometheus wins.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed