Who feels ripped off??

Started by predator2rules, Sep 12, 2017, 09:03:22 AM

Author
Who feels ripped off?? (Read 5,762 times)

A-L-I-E-N

A-L-I-E-N

We all know the perfect species is the Predalien anyways  :)

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: A-L-I-E-N on Sep 12, 2017, 09:52:05 PM
We all know the perfect species is the Predalien anyways  :)

David would probably claim he created that too  :D

Alien³

Alien³

Nail meet head.

David is literally and figuratively the anti-Ripley.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: A-L-I-E-N on Sep 12, 2017, 06:46:15 PM
You are saying that the SJ found (whose biology differs from that seen in the engineers) in a long dead state carrying a cargo load of "fully evolved" alien eggs and broadcasting a warning is in no way contradicted by the story in Prometheus and Alien: Covenant? Not just assumptions these are facts supported with dialogue.

How long were the engineers dead on their homework?  Not that long and they were in a similar state.  Add in the climate of LV426 and there you go.

Dallas isn't an archeologist he's a space trucker so don't take anything he says as fact.

The ship had been there less than I would say 10 years.  I still think the plan was to have David in the chair.  I'm glad the current plan seems to be shelf the series because it stinks and having David create the Alien is about as scraping the bottom star wars prequel Anakin creates C3P0 as you can get. 

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

I don't feel ripped off despite the direction of Alien Covenant. As mentioned above, the novelization does hint that David copied blue prints from the engineers. Therefore he wasn't the original creator of the Alien xeno.
I also don't feel ripped off because there is just sooo much content by the way comics and novels. I like to believe that the Xeno is an uncontrollable force of nature. Ancient. That reside only in the deepest darkest corners of space. That pop up every so often to restore balance. The novels and comics really lend itself to this ideology.
I feel that I might see these Alien prequels as many Star Wars fans see the star wars prequels. They exist but  the "older" movies are true cannon.

SM

SM

QuoteHow long were the engineers dead on their homework?  Not that long and they were in a similar state.  Add in the climate of LV426 and there you go.

They'd been dead for about 10 years (harsh penalty for not doing their homework).  But I'm not sure how you can compare.  The Engineer on the Derelict is in a suit and the ones on Planet 4 aren't.

QuoteI still think the plan was to have David in the chair.

How would an android be impregnated by an Alien?

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 12, 2017, 10:57:22 PM

David is literally and figuratively the anti-Ripley.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Why do 'fans' want the alien to be a b-movie monster?  There have been plenty of movies where astronauts have gone to an alien planet, and found a native creature.  Most famously is It!  The Terror From Beyond Space, which Alien is partly inspired by.

It's much more interesting this way, as you have the why as well as the what.  The 'why' makes for better cinema than just having an ecosystem of bugs for marines to shoot.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 13, 2017, 12:16:28 AM
just having an ecosystem of bugs for marines to shoot.

The genius is this can still happen.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 13, 2017, 12:26:31 AM

They're remaking Starship Troopers last I heard.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Le Celticant on Sep 12, 2017, 09:35:25 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 12, 2017, 06:18:02 PM-The neo is smaller in size.

Size doesn't matter
Spoiler
"I'll do the fingering"
[close]

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 12, 2017, 06:18:02 PM-The 'morphs in general seem to be nocturnal creatures, so a darker appearance like the xeno has, is an advantage.
Speculation is speculation. Doesn't help much if your xenomorph loves to walk in broad daylight too. Also they left likely because they felt suddenly threatens due to their vulnerability to an armed group of people for their age, not just daylight (but we are both in the speculation realm that the movie doesn't not intend to show and even then a color doesn't change much at this stage of complexity).

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 12, 2017, 06:18:02 PM-The neomorph doesn't have an exoskeleton, making it weaker and more vulnerable.
Yet their skin can make bullet bounce like bubble gums. A few round of Pulse Rifle used to kill an Alien.
They seems also far thinner and harder to be aimed at and can take quite a few close powerful rounds to die.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 12, 2017, 06:18:02 PM-A longer and more complicated lifecycle might result in a better end result. Like how humans (and elephants?) have a longer carrying term but we live longer compared to short term carrying creatures like rabbits or so.
Speculation is speculation again. On the other end of the spectrum one could argue that the black goo seems to make similar enchancement and could also prolonge life hence the eternity dilemma. The thing is, the movie never clearly states any and show quite the opposite, both live to kill and the neomorph seems so far more adapt, tougher and much more agressive than the xenomorph.
It even seemed smarter showcasing curiosity, quick adaptability and choice recognition which the xenomorph seemed lacking in the movie as it is display when its repetitively attacks elements of the surrounding (crane) last we know it may even attack a tree if it sees it moving. Pretty far from all the smart choice and lure Kane's son was capable of performing and that the neomorph display trait too.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 12, 2017, 06:18:02 PM-The neo is more similar to the host. So the result depends mainly on the host. A facehugger will always result in a more-insect-than-mammal creature. Insects are the most succesful species on Earth. They're more selfless than mammals.
So when it comes to 'morphs, an "insect" is better than a "mammal".
Doesn't seems so, David has a variation of neomorph lifecycle in his lab and only had access to one human (shaw). Speculation: The progeny must come from something. If so it means they give the same result. If not it means a host is not necessary in their creation.

6. Yup but David did not create the black goo while he did perform experiment on faune and flora to get the result of mutating dna that needs then a host to replicate. In a way he created the Neomorph but the black goo wasn't his creation and only a few ampule remained as he said making it a less than ideal product if you are unable to replicate. The only way the Neomorph could be inferior to the xenomorph is "IF" they lack a reproductive methods dooming their species to extinction from birth.

1.What would be the most dangerous? A dog sized ant or a lion sized ant?
Spoiler
[close]
3.The exoskeleton still might be tougher than their skin. The one that got shot in the cathedral died quite fast.
The phased-plasma pulse-rifles probably aren't invented yet.
4. I'll have to check the crane scene again.
The xeno might be dumber, but that could be more dangerous depending on how you look at it.
Something that cares less about it's own wellbeing can be more dangerous. Especially when in greater numbers.
5. The progeny was the result of an Alien egg created by David. The eggs contain parasites so hosts are necessary.
6. I forgot about that one. Thanks for pointing it out. ;D
The neos come from goo or parasites in the mutated bug eggs or spores. But neos don't seem to create either.

Bam! Xeno superiour.
In my opinion according to my speculation ofcourse  ;)

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 13, 2017, 12:31:46 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 13, 2017, 12:26:31 AM

They're remaking Starship Troopers last I heard.

I mean more with future Alien films.

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: Hide on Sep 12, 2017, 07:25:18 PM
Prometheus and Covenant should have been their own thing.
Far in the future and after Ripley 8.

Now let's hope that the two latest movies will end up keeping company to the AvP movies.

The AVP films are great.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 13, 2017, 01:28:45 AM
Thanks for the metaphor, indeed I do think a Lion would be more agressive than a bigger Grizzly size panda, or just a whale if you will :D
Then I'm not speaking of every super poisonous species that likely kill a lion and are a 1/10 of their size :D

Spoiler
[close]
You know that animals likely go out at night to hunt because some are sleeping, not because they are black or white? :D

3.The exoskeleton still might be tougher than their skin. The one that got shot in the cathedral died quite fast.
That scene had me surprised btw :D I don't understand why you show a monster very hard to kill by several men to then show the same one killed by a single man easily. It's really not Ridley at its best, period.

The xeno might be dumber, but that could be more dangerous depending on how you look at it.
Something that cares less about it's own wellbeing can be more dangerous. Especially when in greater numbers.
Well if you care less about reproduction and are not immortal, chances are you're doing a poor job.

5. The progeny was the result of an Alien egg created by David. The eggs contain parasites so hosts are necessary.
What were the hosts again? I may have missed this part.

SM

SM

The Neomorph in the city was easier to kill because it was standing a couple of metres away and not running around at high speed in the dark.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SM on Sep 12, 2017, 11:45:08 PMHow would an android be impregnated by an Alien?

Androids have biological parts? Black goo in their system may cause something?
I thought if David's the Jockey, it might be a reason why he looks different from the other Engineer in his flightsuit.
Android + Engineer flightsuit + goo = Spacejockey?

And an android would more likely survive a chestburst and send a signal afterwards.

Quote from: Le Celticant on Sep 13, 2017, 11:33:23 AM
Thanks for the metaphor, indeed I do think a Lion would be more agressive than a bigger Grizzly size panda, or just a whale if you will :D
Then I'm not speaking of every super poisonous species that likely kill a lion and are a 1/10 of their size :D

Spoiler
[close]
You know that animals likely go out at night to hunt because some are sleeping, not because they are black or white? :D

That scene had me surprised btw :D I don't understand why you show a monster very hard to kill by several men to then show the same one killed by a single man easily. It's really not Ridley at its best, period.

Well if you care less about reproduction and are not immortal, chances are you're doing a poor job.

What were the hosts again? I may have missed this part.

1. You know what I mean  :D We're talking about different sizes of a similar animal.
2. I know. But if it's already nocturnal, wouldn't black be a better colour? And thus somewhat superiour?
3. Yeah...
4. True. But like I said, dumb can be more dangerous.
5. The humans that got infected with facehuggers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed