One more Scott prequel, AVP 3, Blomkamp film, sequel to Resurrection or Reboot?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Aug 03, 2017, 05:44:56 PM

Where would you like the Alien series to go next?

One more Ridley Scott prequel
Alien vs. Predator 3
Blomkamp's retconned pseudo-sequel with Ripley and Hicks
Sequel to Alien Resurrection with Ripley 8
Reboot the whole series and start from scratch
Soft reboot, set within existing continuity but new characters
Author
One more Scott prequel, AVP 3, Blomkamp film, sequel to Resurrection or Reboot? (Read 36,124 times)

ScrapBrain

Another from Ridley so we can have some closure to his story. After that I'll watch whatever comes.

Scorpio

Are people forgetting that Chappie only made 102 mil worldwide?  That's less than Alien Covenant. (Chappie had a budget of 49 mil, so it still made less profit)

There is no chance of Blomkamp's Alien being made.

SM

Chappie's box office is neither here nor there.  Directors have film tank and still manage to get work.  Look at Riddles last ten  years.  Only The Martian and Prometheus are what you would called 'hits'.

Local Trouble

Hell, look at M. Night Shyamalan.

SM

Most of his movies do pretty well financially.

SiL

And when they didn't the budgets he had dropped like a stone, but he's built himself back up.

Scorpio

You're only as good in hollywood as your last outing.  Unless you're a bigwig like Ridley Scott who created two successful franchises and many successful films over 40 years.

That's why Blomkamp is confined to doing short films now, he can't get work in hollywood anymore.

Protozoid

I'd like one more Ridley Scott prequel that delivers on the promise of Prometheus. I love Prometheus. It was everything that the series needed to be refreshed and reinvigorated, and promised an even more mind-bending and spectacular sequel. But Covenant was the most disappointing movie of my entire life, bar none. I was crushed and feel betrayed. And I would argue that it was also a colossal miscalculation in terms of story, in addition to betraying the sequel promise of Prometheus. One more Ridley Scott prequel would be welcome, but provided that it drops the Alien prequel angle and does something original like Prometheus did.

PierreVW

Quote from: SM on Aug 05, 2017, 09:09:49 PM
Chappie's box office is neither here nor there.  Directors have film tank and still manage to get work.  Look at Riddles last ten  years.  Only The Martian and Prometheus are what you would called 'hits'.

By your logic, Why Ridley Scott works so much if his movies are bombs?.

SM

My logic is 'Directors have film tank and still manage to get work.'

Do try and keep up.

I didn't say Ridley's films 'bomb'.  You did.

Huntsman

Quote from: ScrapBrain on Aug 05, 2017, 08:26:52 AM
Another from Ridley so we can have some closure to his story. After that I'll watch whatever comes.
Agreed.

Gash

Gash

Another from Ridley. After that I'm probably done, unless the director is interesting. I could watch a HBO series about the duplicitous shenanigans of Weyland Yutani though.

whiterabbit

Put me down for one more Ridley Scott prequel-sequel.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 06, 2017, 01:11:48 AM
You're only as good in hollywood as your last outing. 

Doesn't work that way.

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 06, 2017, 01:11:48 AM
That's why Blomkamp is confined to doing short films now, he can't get work in hollywood anymore.

Lolnope, Fox offered him The Gone World to direct. It's his next big sci-fi feature film. It's based on a as yet unpublished novel by Tomas Sweterlitsch and from several reports so far is absolutely amazing. Blomkamp will write the screenplay and direct it.

Always good to check one's facts first before spouting drivel.

426Buddy

Really want to see Scott finish the prequels as a trilogy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed