2nd Xenomorph where it came from?

Started by acrediblesource, Jul 02, 2017, 05:24:41 PM

Author
2nd Xenomorph where it came from? (Read 4,735 times)

SM

SM

Yeah it wouldn't have made any difference.  Lope didn't even see Oram's body from memory and even if he did he's not going to leap to some conclusion that the dead spider thing in the corner sat on his face and put an Alien in his chest that burst out and grew to 8'.

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: SM on Jul 04, 2017, 06:58:24 AM
Yeah I got the impression a few hours had past, if not since Daniels was asleep then since Lope was attacked.  Tennessee says Mother will be offline till 8 bells and as soon as she comes back on, she detects the Alien and wakes Daniels.

Yup, I agree.

And I think the hugger curled up not because it was dead by knife, but it did his job. It was the Alien way of a quickie lol.

Richman678

Quote from: Gash on Jul 04, 2017, 10:28:29 PM
Quote from: Richman678 on Jul 04, 2017, 09:45:28 PM
...Also Lope should have told them what happened.

"Guys I had this big ugly spider bastard on my face sticking something in my mouth."

"OK Lope, get over it, we've got bigger things to worry about."

If it happened to you I guarantee you that you would tell the team. That way there's a chance they could try to surgically remove it. (Yes I know it wouldn't work, but they don't know that)....However he does know that these creatures rip out of people's bodies since he saw it happen once, and saw a body with a hole in it's chest.

So yes a worried Lope should have told them what happened. Instead they just left it alone...so that they could have an Alien on the ship at the end....which was ultimately rushed and underwhelming.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Richman678 on Jul 05, 2017, 03:52:11 PM
Quote from: Gash on Jul 04, 2017, 10:28:29 PM
Quote from: Richman678 on Jul 04, 2017, 09:45:28 PM
...Also Lope should have told them what happened.

"Guys I had this big ugly spider bastard on my face sticking something in my mouth."

"OK Lope, get over it, we've got bigger things to worry about."

If it happened to you I guarantee you that you would tell the team. That way there's a chance they could try to surgically remove it. (Yes I know it wouldn't work, but they don't know that)....However he does know that these creatures rip out of people's bodies since he saw it happen once, and saw a body with a hole in it's chest.

So yes a worried Lope should have told them what happened. Instead they just left it alone...so that they could have an Alien on the ship at the end....which was ultimately rushed and underwhelming.

Nobody he saw was attacked by a facehugger. He thought he had a lucky escape from suffocation, that is all.

SM

SM

QuoteIf it happened to you I guarantee you that you would tell the team. That way there's a chance they could try to surgically remove it. (Yes I know it wouldn't work, but they don't know that)....However he does know that these creatures rip out of people's bodies since he saw it happen once, and saw a body with a hole in it's chest.

How would they have known he had something in his chest?  Or how it got there?  Did Lope even see Oram's chestbursted body or was it just Cole?

Evanus

Evanus

I'm pretty sure only Cole saw Oram's body. Lope had no real reason to think he had something in him.

whiterabbit

That and the pain and fear alone would have clouded the man's judgement.

SM

SM

Yep. Wasn't he unconscious by the time they got back and Upworth was putting the spakfilla on his face?

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

Quote from: SM on Jul 05, 2017, 11:35:09 PM
Yep. Wasn't he unconscious by the time they got back and Upworth was putting the spakfilla on his face?
That is true, and lack of consciousness is a classic symptom of being face-hugged.

SM

SM

The excrutiating pain of acid burns is the more likely cause.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jul 06, 2017, 12:31:59 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 05, 2017, 11:35:09 PM
That is true, and lack of consciousness is a classic symptom of being face-hugged.

That's only if it stay's on your face, apparently it injects some kind of toxin that renders the subject unconscious. I can't remember if that's movie canon or EU though. Not that it matters, cause face huggers just do WTF they want now. Rebels.

Richman678

Ok well if he wasn't facehugged on the planet then why didn't the alien kill him after it killed the other guy?

SM

SM

Quote from: Richman678 on Jul 06, 2017, 05:05:43 AM
Ok well if he wasn't facehugged on the planet then why didn't the alien kill him after it killed the other guy?

Eh?

Who said he didn't get hugged?

TWJones

TWJones

There was definite hugging going on.

In fact, I think that was in the rating as well. Rated R: for excessive hugging

ChrisPachi

Arr f**k, even the die-hards are excusing the insta-hug.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed