Name the most terrifying moments in Aliens '86

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 17, 2017, 11:48:37 PM

Author
Name the most terrifying moments in Aliens '86 (Read 5,603 times)

LastSurvivor92

I mean honestly it's hard to pin-point just one scene from Aliens that was full of tension and good scares but for me a memorable moment would have to be the Sentry Turret scene. The ammo counter quickly dialing down to "0" as the Aliens begin rushing the Sentry Turrets. Hearing the screams of the xeno's drowned out from gunfire. Awesome  8) I just thought this sequence was brilliant and helped illustrate the tension and conflict Cameron was going for between the Aliens and Marines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BKefUNZOHA&t=45s

SM

A good cheap way to achieve the desired result.  Pity about Hudson's inane commentary.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I always felt both chestburster scenes were terrifying. Also the facehugger scene, where they are trapped with Newt and Ripley, always freaked me out as a kid.

Munkeywrench

The scene when they're in Operations and the aliens cut the power and everything went pitch dark for a second. I think I had a small heart attack the first time I saw Aliens and that happened because at the time I was petrified of the dark.

Also this isn't exactly a scene but the sound the Motion Trackers make whenever the aliens are closing in is hair raising to me. Those scenes are tense.

Scorpio

The facehuggers in medlab. 

Local Trouble

Since nobody actually saw the sentry gun scene in 1986, I find it hard to believe that anyone would have chosen that as the most terrifying moment.

Quote from: Munkeywrench on Jun 18, 2017, 12:29:26 AM
The scene when they're in Operations and the aliens cut the power and everything went pitch dark for a second. I think I had a small heart attack the first time I saw Aliens and that happened because at the time I was petrified of the dark.

That would be my choice as well.

NeoXenoPred

The facehugger scene in Aliens are terrifying. Just imagine if you were trapped in that lab. Would be terrifying enough.

Elmazalman

This would be my choice too - especially the slow realisation that the creatures are using the space inside the ceiling to travel about.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 18, 2017, 06:22:48 AM

This would be my choice too - especially the slow realisation that the creatures are using the space inside the ceiling to travel about.
The look on Hicks face as he lifts the ceiling panel and sees what appears to be a bajillion Aliens is goddamn perfect, and seeing all those Aliens is my pick for the scariest moment in 'Aliens'.

Gash

Being claustrophobic myself I think the most effective scene is Bishop being sealed in the pipe and him having to struggle through it.

SiL

Operations, followed by facehuggers.

PsyKore

Quote from: Gash on Jun 18, 2017, 09:35:59 AM
Being claustrophobic myself I think the most effective scene is Bishop being sealed in the pipe and him having to struggle through it.

Yeah! Just the idea of it gives me anxiety.

Nostromo

Entering the base for the first time, the sentry gun scene, cutting the lights scene & Ripley going back downstairs to the subfloors alone.

Vermillion

Again.  No sentry guns in 1986 theatrical release.

Operations.  Last stand for me.
The motion tracker and Hudson saying "5 meters Man?! 4?! What the hell?!?!?"

Rankles75

Yeah, has to be Operations for me. Such a great tense build up, followed by a balls to the wall action scene. The facehugger scene wouldn't be that far behind though...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed