All The Money In The World.

Started by Ingwar, Jun 09, 2017, 03:13:49 PM

Author
All The Money In The World. (Read 23,775 times)

PierreVW

PierreVW

Release: Early December. I think is December 8th.

Ridley Scott works so fast!. Wow!.

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 02, 2017, 02:36:17 PM
I've read up about the real life event when I heard Scott was going to direct this. Does the script stay true to the real story?

With regards to Scott's next film, my money is on The Cartel. He already did some location scouting for it back in the beginning of the year in Mexico and Spain. I suspect it's just about ready to go. Although, like you I would prefer he did Wraiths or otherwise BoB first. The Covenant sequel is probably unlikely at this stage since Fox is busy re-assessing the whole prequel trilogy.

It's going to be The Cartel. He even mentioned it on the Alien Covenant commentary. The inspiration for David regurgitating those facehugger embryos supposedly came from a scene in The Cartel where gang members would swallow bags of drugs for smuggling purposes and puke them up on-demand.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Alionic on Aug 12, 2017, 02:18:07 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 02, 2017, 02:36:17 PM
I've read up about the real life event when I heard Scott was going to direct this. Does the script stay true to the real story?

With regards to Scott's next film, my money is on The Cartel. He already did some location scouting for it back in the beginning of the year in Mexico and Spain. I suspect it's just about ready to go. Although, like you I would prefer he did Wraiths or otherwise BoB first. The Covenant sequel is probably unlikely at this stage since Fox is busy re-assessing the whole prequel trilogy.

It's going to be The Cartel. He even mentioned it on the Alien Covenant commentary. The inspiration for David regurgitating those facehugger embryos supposedly came from a scene in The Cartel where gang members would swallow bags of drugs for smuggling purposes and puke them up on-demand.

Yeah. Ridley Scott begins filming THE CARTEL in January 2018. At least, his words.

Ingwar

Ingwar

QuoteMeanwhile, Ridley Scott's "All the Money in the World" — about the 1973 kidnapping of 16-year-old John Paul Getty III — was still casting a week after Spielberg signed on to direct his film. It wasn't on the 2017 radar at all until last month when Sony planted a flag for a Dec. 8, hoping to finally net Scott his first Oscar. The project just wrapped production and is, along with "The Papers," in the editing room now. It features Michelle Williams, as Getty's fretful mother Gail Harris, and Kevin Spacey, said to be
Spoiler
unrecognizable behind considerable makeup prosthetics
[close]
as Getty's patriarchal grandfather (who infamously charged his son, Getty Jr., interest on a portion of the ransom money). Mark Wahlberg also stars as an ex-CIA agent dispatched to Italy to deal with the situation.

http://variety.com/2017/film/in-contention/oscars-clint-eastwood-steven-spielberg-ridley-scott-1202532168/

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

So Sony reckons it worthy of an Oscar for Riddles? What do you think Ingwar, was the script up to scratch? The script always seems to be Ridley's Achilles heel.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 20, 2017, 03:02:05 PM
So Sony reckons it worthy of an Oscar for Riddles? What do you think Ingwar, was the script up to scratch? The script always seems to be Ridley's Achilles heel.

This drama is more of the Oscars type.

Probably is his more Oscar friendly since GLADIATOR and BLACK HAWK DOWN.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 20, 2017, 03:02:05 PM

You just asked me the million dollar question :) I've read the script and I like it ... but I'm not a script expert. I do love books. Scott is as good as the script is. He proved it with Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, American Gangster or The Martian. Money script is a good read. You just go with the flow while reading it. Good lines and dialogues. It's based on true story and even though you know how it's gonna end (google it) it's still compelling. It's all about characters and performance. I think that Spacey's gonna nail it. His character is a greedy bastard. So, trying to answer you question Eighth: I have no idea :) Spielberg and Eastwood will release their movies as well.

Quote from: PierreVW on Aug 20, 2017, 08:36:13 PM
Probably is his more Oscar friendly since GLADIATOR and BLACK HAWK DOWN.

Definitely.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 20, 2017, 09:25:09 PM
Money script is a good read. You just go with the flow while reading it. Good lines and dialogues. It's based on true story and even though you know how it's gonna end (google it) it's still compelling.

Sounds good to me!

Money was similar to The Martian in that when the script came across Scott's desk, he just dropped everything else that he was busy with and got it filmed first. I think studios are beginning to realise that if they throw Scott a hot script they are going to get a great movie back that performs well.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Apparently Exodus script also appeared on Scott's desk out of blue and Ridley decided to dropped other projects. The same happened to The Counsellor and we all know how it ended in both situations :) After A:C I'm trying to put on hold with exaggerated enthusiasm. Movie making is like MMA or any other combat sport. You're as good as your last fight ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

They also threw Nottingham his way and look what happened to that one. :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Didn't the Nottingham script originally portray Robin Hood as the bad guy and the Sheriff as the good guy? Or at least until Scott hired someone else to rewrite it a few times and turned it into a rather bland origin story?  Russel Crowe probably also had his finger in the story pie.

But I think Scott learned his lesson not to meddle with a good script on The Martian.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 21, 2017, 06:44:22 PM
Didn't the Nottingham script originally portray Robin Hood as the bad guy and the Sheriff as the good guy? Or at least until Scott hired someone else to rewrite it a few times and turned it into a rather bland origin story?  Russel Crowe probably also had his finger in the story pie.

Not exactly. The Sheriff is a good guy, more or less, investigating a series of murders in which Robin Hood is the prime suspect. It ends up being part of a larger plot.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Sounds more intriguing than what we got in the end. Was the script itself good though?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 21, 2017, 06:44:22 PM
But I think Scott learned his lesson not to meddle with a good script on The Martian.

He was 77 when he did Mars movie. Well, it's never too late to learn. Fingers crossed with Money. At least it's been written by one person.

Also:

QuoteIn 1973, masked men abducted the 16-year-old grandson of J. Paul Getty (Kevin Spacey) — then the richest man in the world — off the streets of Rome. But Ridley Scott says his film will focus less on the crime than on the behind-the-scenes drama. The oil tycoon prioritizes his fortune, while the boy's mother (Michelle Williams) pairs with an ex-CIA agent (Mark Wahlberg) to save her child. "I just consumed it," Scott says of David Scarpa's Black List-ed script. "I knew about the kidnapping, but this story was very, very provocative... Gail Getty was an exceptional character, and there are many facets of the man Getty that make him a really great study. There's this great dynamic. It was like a play, and not a movie."

But to set the stage, he had to find the right stars — one of whom he thought of immediately. "When I read the script, I started thinking, 'Who was Paul Getty?' In my mind, I saw Kevin Spacey," Scott recalls. "Kevin's a brilliant actor, but I've never worked with him, and I always knew I would have to have him portray Getty in this film." Spacey's previous performances convinced Scott he could play the patriarch who championed the arts but infamously tried to save his money over saving his kin. "He was so obsessed with what he was doing," Scott says. "He wasn't giving people a second thought."

As for Gail, Scott says he didn't picture Williams right away, but knew he wanted to work with someone new. "Michelle is very special as an actress, and I've never done anything with her before," he says, adding that she impressed him with her work into researching the family drama behind the crime. "The family was very private and there was very little footage of [Gail], but around the kidnapping, there was one particular interview she did that Michelle jumped at, and it shows Gail Getty being very assertive, very smart." Both are qualities Williams captures, he says.

And though the Getty kidnapping does have a rival project in the works — a limited television series being developed by Danny Boyle — Scott says he isn't concerned the two versions will overlap in any way. "I had no idea that Danny was making [his series]," Scott admits, before pointing out that both of them must have been attracted to their respective screenplays. "It's all in the material," he says. "You could make a film about shoelaces if you've got a great script." Too bad there isn't a captivating real-life crime about footwear.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/11/all-the-money-in-the-world-ridley-scott-kevin-spacey-michelle-williams/

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I had no idea that Danny Boyle was making TV series either. What would be the odds of that? After 44 years you suddenly have two Getty kidnap drama productions coming out at the same time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed