All The Money In The World.

Started by Ingwar, Jun 09, 2017, 03:13:49 PM

Author
All The Money In The World. (Read 23,551 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Scott already started filming his new movie in Rome. He's Nexus 7.

Based on true story.

Spoiler
The story follows the kidnapping of John Paul Getty III and the desperate attempt by his mother Gail Harris to get the boy's wealthy oilman grandfather to pay the ransom. This is a strong character piece: Combined with a ticking-clock thriller of a race to save a kidnap victim being mistreated by his mob-tied captors, there is the back-and-forth between a mother trying to recover the son she raised alone, and the boy's grandfather, Getty Sr. Despite being the world's richest man, he would not initially pay up, arguing it would put a price tag on all his grandchildren. That led to the boy's severed ear showing up in a mailed envelope.

Eventually, Harris and the boy's father reportedly were able to convince him to pay $2.2M (the highest amount that could be claimed as a tax deduction); Getty lent his son another $700K — to be repaid with interest — and the $2.9M ultimately freed the boy. Getty, who was chained to a stake in a cave in Italy throughout this six-month ordeal, never recovered. He lived a tragic life that included a drug overdose that left him with a stroke and kidney failure, and a quadriplegic. He died at 54 in 2011.
[close]

http://deadline.com/2017/05/ridley-scott-getty-kidnap-movie-stx-all-the-money-in-the-world-internationaol-rights-deal-1202091545/

Kevin Spacey as J. Paul Getty Jr.
Mark Wahlberg as Fletcher Chase
Michelle Williams as Gail Harris
Charlie Shotwell as Young John Paul Getty III
Charlie Plummer as J. Paul Getty III

Written by David Scarpa
Cinematography by Dariusz Wolski
Production Design by Arthur Max

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4579268/Michelle-Williams-films-scenes-Mark-Wahlberg-Rome.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4585626/Michelle-Williams-continues-filming-Mark-Wahlberg.html

PierreVW

PierreVW

Looks great.

Very 1970s.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Yeah. I have a feeling it's gonna be good. Scott proved with American Gangster that he can make biographical film.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 09, 2017, 07:06:00 PM
Yeah. I have a feeling it's gonna be good. Scott proved with American Gangster that he can make biographical film.

I love Rome.

Sir Ridley filmed HANNIBAL in Rome too. HANNIBAL had problems but looked beautiful.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: PierreVW on Jun 09, 2017, 07:29:13 PM
Sir Ridley filmed HANNIBAL in Rome too. HANNIBAL had problems but looked beautiful.

It was Florence I think.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've heard the script for this is very good, so fingers crossed. Now we just have to see how many cuts there are of this one. :laugh:

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 09, 2017, 09:09:00 PM
I've heard the script for this is very good, so fingers crossed. Now we just have to see how many cuts there are of this one. :laugh:

Who told you that? All I know is the script was on Black List.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 09, 2017, 09:19:18 PM

I read a script review. Checked it again, and I was misremembering.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 09, 2017, 09:20:49 PM

This one? http://scriptshadow.net/screenplay-review-all-the-money-in-the-world/

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 09, 2017, 09:23:45 PM

Yeah, I misremembered the score he gave it at the end.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: PierreVW on Jun 09, 2017, 05:43:48 PM
Looks great.

Very 1970s.

They even got the 70's style smartphones down pat.  :o

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 09, 2017, 09:24:37 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 09, 2017, 09:23:45 PM

Yeah, I misremembered the score he gave it at the end.

Somebody's opinion is always relative. Besides knowing Scott he'll change a lot :)

Scorpio

Scorpio

"When in Rome"

So he films the next Alien after this?  IMDB has it in pre-production for a 2019 release.  Fassbender is shooting X-Men this year so filming could commence next year.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

This was filming in my town some time back and I got a glimpse of Ridley Scott in person -- didn't talk didn't take photos -- but a great little moment for me

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed