Such an underrated epic scene.

Started by Infected, Jun 09, 2017, 01:34:52 PM

Author
Such an underrated epic scene. (Read 4,709 times)

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jun 09, 2017, 07:54:52 PM
Quote from: Infected on Jun 09, 2017, 07:47:24 PM
Quote from: josh.reload on Jun 09, 2017, 07:02:51 PM
Anyone notice how terrified Ford is at the sight of the engineer?  She's about to piss herself.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Yup, its like she really is breathing through an exhaust pipe.

Quote from: Hemi on Jun 09, 2017, 07:46:43 PM
Maybe post this in the Prometheus boards eh? You Prometheans are beginning to bore the fans of this movie. :P
Its a little sneaky reference to what we got in Prometheus with the engineers that it wasnt as bad as the Fassbender movie we got after.

I regard Prometheus as a Fassbender movie too due to the fact he's the best thing in it.
Then you are probably in orgasm mode since Covenant came out?

I think the Fifield mutation attack scene is pretty good, the burning of Holloway, the pounding music when they are on the ground and drive off to the temples, the trilobite fight with Shaw and the engineer, the Prometheus crash course, the birth of the Deacon, Shaw's pregnancy and the cutting through her belly, many lines and quotes in the movie done by some good actors.
Fassbender is the least best thing in Prometheus imo.

banecat

banecat

you're certainly in the minority then
david/fassbender was the best thing about the film
the pregnancy scene was badass though

426Buddy

426Buddy

I thought David was the most interesting and best character in Prometheus.

Predaker

Predaker

The effects on the engineer's voice are OTT. Kinda silly.

howard.moody.566

Ever notice that in the birth scene, when the alien amniotic sac is held over Shaw's body and bursts that all the fluid pours into her open belly? I can't imagine that that didn't cause her some problems along the way.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Prometheus is a good movie, if you let go of your preconceived notions of what the space jockies should be and stop nitpicking and just enjoy the cinematic brilliance of Ridley Scott.

Quote from: howard.moody.566 on Jun 10, 2017, 12:37:25 AM
Ever notice that in the birth scene, when the alien amniotic sac is held over Shaw's body and bursts that all the fluid pours into her open belly? I can't imagine that that didn't cause her some problems along the way.

She did look sick in The Crossing viral short film.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: groot on Jun 09, 2017, 11:14:10 PM
you're certainly in the minority then
david/fassbender was the best thing about the film
I dont think im a minority when it comes to Prometheus being a better movie then just the role of David,
tell me what is so great in Prometheus about Fassbender?

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: D88M on Jun 09, 2017, 07:55:52 PM
Anyway, yes, is a great moment, it makes no sense that they cut it, it explains a lot that got some audiences confused

This goes to one of the major debates about "Prometheus"; whether the deleted scenes which explain more about the Engineers (and Milburn) should have been included in an official cut.
- I hope that Ridley eventually does a director's cut which includes all that explanatory material.

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jun 09, 2017, 07:54:52 PM
I regard Prometheus as a Fassbender movie too due to the fact he's the best thing in it.

Agreed. The theme that David is Weyland's "son" is creepy since it seems that David would like his "parent" to be dead.
- And while Shaw seems to be the main character in "Prometheus" (as she asks many questions and finds some answers), David is just as important in that movie imo.
- David is the crew's Engineer expert.
- He has a view of the Engineers which he mentions in some bits of dialogue which to me are important.
This is supported by Scott in his Blu-ray director's commentary where he states that David had the most accurate view of what the Engineers were about.

;)

Sunite

Sunite

Quote from: groot on Jun 09, 2017, 11:14:10 PM

When my girlfriend first watched Prometheus with me she was so freaked out by that scene I thought it was hilarious. By far one of my top 3 moments in the film.

Now back to the original topic, it upsets me how every Alien franchise movie has a bunch of deleted scenes that actually explore a lot of the doubts that people have when they first watch the movies. I guess it makes sense though, Alien has always had this "mystery" to it, and even though there is so much Alien related content nowadays the "mystery" that existed back in the day is totally gone, it's rational that they cut out some stuff just specifically to make the viewer feel like they want to know more about what happened, instead of just spilling it all out in a single movie explaining everything. I like it this way, but there are some scenes that you just say "Awwww come on!!!", like the cocooning process scene that was deleted from the very first Alien. All I'm saying is that Alien fans should take this into consideration instead of being insta-angry that stuff gets cut out of the movie. There's a reason behind everything, ya know.

SM

SM

QuoteWhen my girlfriend first watched Prometheus with me she was so freaked out by that scene I thought it was hilarious.

My missus was 3 months pregnant.

windebieste

windebieste

Oh, that must have been a fun experience for her.

What saintly creature was added to your life at the end of it all?  A boy..?  A girl..?  A cuttlefish..?

Either way, I hope it all worked out well for you.  All 3 of you, that is.

-Windebieste

Sunite

Sunite

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2017, 10:14:14 AM
QuoteWhen my girlfriend first watched Prometheus with me she was so freaked out by that scene I thought it was hilarious.

Jesus :-X what was her reaction??

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Sunite on Jun 11, 2017, 05:21:37 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2017, 10:14:14 AM

Jesus :-X what was her reaction??
She probably hissed :p

TWJones

TWJones

Although far from perfect, I think the scene makes sense of why the Engineer ripped David's head off. He only does so after Weyland rants about living forever, being a god, and creating David. The Engineer also sees Shaw get hit in the stomach...so within seconds after meeting humans he witnesses violence, arrogance, and greed. Ripping David's head off was a direct F*** you to Weyland's arrogance.

I think the scene is important because it makes the Engineer's drive to kill the rest of the humans and complete his mission on earth less slasher film, and more in line with the idea that mankind brings violence with them wherever they go. The Engineer saw nothing good when he was awakened. If anything, everything he saw confirmed his need to wipe out humanity.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: TWJones on Jun 14, 2017, 02:03:11 PM
Although far from perfect, I think the scene makes sense of why the Engineer ripped David's head off. He only does so after Weyland rants about living forever, being a god, and creating David. The Engineer also sees Shaw get hit in the stomach...so within seconds after meeting humans he witnesses violence, arrogance, and greed. Ripping David's head off was a direct F*** you to Weyland's arrogance.

I think the scene is important because it makes the Engineer's drive to kill the rest of the humans and complete his mission on earth less slasher film, and more in line with the idea that mankind brings violence with them wherever they go. The Engineer saw nothing good when he was awakened. If anything, everything he saw confirmed his need to wipe out humanity.
But i also think David manipulated the moment, the first thing he does one he sees a giant alien that has been a sleep for 2000 years is saying: this old fool wants to live forever, what is thye opinion.
Thats what i got out of it, that David intentionally says these stupid thing that indirect pointing fingers at Weyland.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed