Double-Dip? NECA 35th Anniversary Aliens Queen?

Started by Bilbo5000, Jun 08, 2017, 08:28:47 PM

Author
Double-Dip? NECA 35th Anniversary Aliens Queen? (Read 1,510 times)

Bilbo5000

Don't know how many of you got the original NECA Alien Queen.  I did and was happy with her for the most part. Just curious, how many of you also got her and are still planning on getting the new 35th Anniversary too. ::) ::)

Blood Warrior

I might.  I picked up one last month, and my wife broke it.  It was an accident.  She felt so bad, she went out and got me a new one.  Except it was from China.  So now I have a broken Queen and a fake Queen.  Might as well add a third.

Bilbo5000

That's some bad luck.
Sounds like ya got nice lady though...
How bad was the fake queen?

Blood Warrior

It was sitting on our kitchen table when she bumped it and it slid off of the table and hit the floor.  The mouth broke.  She glued it, but it doesn't open anymore. 

You can definitely tell it's fake when you look closely.  The paint job isn't as glossy and one of the arms will come off if it's messed with too much.  If you just glanced at it, you probably couldn't tell that it was any different.  It's once you start really looking at them side by side that you can see the difference.

dHunter333

there are absolutely no differences, correct?

Xenomrph

Quote from: dHunter333 on Jun 27, 2017, 11:06:17 PM
there are absolutely no differences, correct?

I'd like to know this, too.

JokersWarPig

I've seen it in person at my comic shop (no spare money to buy her) and the paint looked a little better.
On the SSF board though I've read people are saying the paint is a lot better than the first release, there's some new joints and the older joints are sturdier/better.

I want to pick her up once I have my new apartment squared away. Mostly in the hope that NECA will make an egg sack for her, if not maybe I could try making one myself.

Bilbo5000

I just picked one up today. Don't think there is a huge difference between them. There is a new sticker on the box!!!   

Machiko Naguchi

Do somebody have a picture of which figure this is? The queen is my favorite and I have been interested in getting a figure of her at some point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed