PROJECT EMBRYO - AVP MULTIPLAYER REBORN

Started by ProjectEmbryo, Jun 05, 2017, 01:08:25 PM

Author
PROJECT EMBRYO - AVP MULTIPLAYER REBORN (Read 3,115 times)

ProjectEmbryo

Hello! I'm glad to finally join this site.
I'm in the early stages of developing PROJECT EMBRYO, an AVP game focused on Multiplayer.

Why the name Project Embryo?
Currently, there is no actual name for the project. And hey, Project Embryo sounds pretty cool as a working title, no?

So whats this game going to be about then?
The aim of project embryo is to bring back the feeling of staying close to your marines as a group of Xenomorphs break down the door, the imminent threat of the pulse rifle you wield could jam at any moment. The Thrill of tracking down a target and spearign them through the torso as a Predator, using your blend of Technology and fighting prowess to stalk and assault your foe. And of course, the sheer terror of playing as the infamous Xenomorph, utilising each caste's unique skills to work as a hive mind and snatch your foes from the shadows, or showering them with a fountain of acidic spit.

So essentially, bring back the glorious days of PvP massacre, while adding in new features and refining the experience in a free multiplayer three way war.

What new features?

• Brand new USCM weapons, Xenomorph variants, Predator skills and abilities to change the outcome of a match
  • New and Remastered maps from previous titles. Ever wondered how terrifying fighting a predator during the storms of Fury 161 could be?
  • Customisation options to bring a unique flair to your killing machines. Give that pulse rifle a new smooth crimson finish with a Spider web stencil, Unlock new head options for the xenomorphs and add markings to them, ala Colonial *blech* Marines, or Use the skulls and blood of your enemies to adorn your armor as a predator, and discover the masks worn by the legends.

Obviously, the project is in the beginning stages, but with Corporal Hicks and other fellow AVP fans onboard with the idea, the dream of a truly great AVP MP game is in sight.

You can't possbly do all this by yourself, right?
Now, obviously, help is needed. While my drawing skills are now nulled due to my dyspraxia, I am capable of sculpting designs to translate into 3D using clay, among other things. Currently, Artists, modellers and animators are required to help solidify each character and variant, as well as bring an idea of how things will look ingame. Please don't hesitate to offer your skills if needs be!

Wait, what engine are you using for this?
Unreal Engine 4 is the main objective.

I can't draw, model, program etc, but i can contribute ideas! where do i go for that?
I have a discord channel for that, as well as concept art and the like! think of it as a mini-hub for now. In the discord, you will find a document in which to write and save your suggestions, but you MUST clean up after yourself and keep things on-track. None of the contents of the document are solid as of yet, so take what other's suggestions you might read with a pinch of Salt.

https://discord.gg/9b59Xj7

Thank you for taking the time to read this! Progress will be slow to begin with, but with your help and support, we will be able to play online with eachother and tear our friends apart limb from limb like its 2001 again!

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to AvP Galaxy, hopefully you'll find some help here. The gaming scene is somewhat quiet at the minute so looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Canon_Barbarian

Fear the FOX

YautjaZer0

Are there any programmers apart of the AvP Galaxy forums that might want to work on this?

Jacku

I've dabbled with coding in the Unity Game Engine but never Unreal.

Sounds interesting though!

windebieste

Quote from: Canon_Barbarian on Jun 06, 2017, 03:11:22 PM
Fear the FOX

Oh, don't worry about those guys.  *casual dismissive hand wave*  I know how to deal with that problem.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Canon_Barbarian on Jun 06, 2017, 03:11:22 PM
Fear the FOX

From what we've seen in the past, Fox wont bother unless they're working on something similar at the same time.

Hemi

Yup, ignore them and release in full. No demo's, no video's and keep from posting pics as much as possible.

The Aliens killing floor mod I worked on was online for almost a year before we released anything. And that was a wave based FPS which we released 3 months before ACM. So even then...

ProjectEmbryo

Quote from: Hemi on Jun 08, 2017, 02:18:57 PM
Yup, ignore them and release in full. No demo's, no video's and keep from posting pics as much as possible.

The Aliens killing floor mod I worked on was online for almost a year before we released anything. And that was a wave based FPS which we released 3 months before ACM. So even then...

Ah, Hemi, how the f**k are ya? What happened to the WPC in the end?

YautjaZer0

Quote from: Jacku on Jun 07, 2017, 10:41:36 PM
I've dabbled with coding in the Unity Game Engine but never Unreal.

Sounds interesting though!

Interested in giving it a go?

Hemi

Quote from: ProjectEmbryo on Jun 08, 2017, 03:27:38 PM

It fell apart. :P I'm fine though. Been working on my own multiplayer Aliens game:

Basically folk setup a lobby, choose a map, choose the Aliens they wan't to spawn on the map and then everyone kills each other! :D

You level in ranks, get money to buy some skins etc, maybe a nice loadout. (last 2 items havent started on yet, but the rest works)

It's a very simple game, but I thought...hey why not focus on the deathmatch part between the Marines, and make the Aliens the extra challenge to overcome while the Marines kill each other.

I can tell you right now...it's chaos...and a lot of fun.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but this is also a way of avoiding Fox. Random image post in unrelated threads. hehe. :P

ChocolateNinja

Looking good Hemi, can't wait for first upload!

ProjectEmbryo

Quote from: Hemi on Jun 09, 2017, 10:26:00 AM
Quote from: ProjectEmbryo on Jun 08, 2017, 03:27:38 PM

It fell apart. :P I'm fine though. Been working on my own multiplayer Aliens game:

Basically folk setup a lobby, choose a map, choose the Aliens they wan't to spawn on the map and then everyone kills each other! :D

You level in ranks, get money to buy some skins etc, maybe a nice loadout. (last 2 items havent started on yet, but the rest works)

It's a very simple game, but I thought...hey why not focus on the deathmatch part between the Marines, and make the Aliens the extra challenge to overcome while the Marines kill each other.

I can tell you right now...it's chaos...and a lot of fun.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but this is also a way of avoiding Fox. Random image post in unrelated threads. hehe. :P

Oooh, i wanna play it. You interested in joining us over at Project Embryo by the way?

Hemi

Wish I had time haha. But I can always help with assets. Aliens: deathmatch will just be a fun kill game that I kill time with. Release isn't far off I think. It uses photon for network, so no idea how this will hold up on long distances. You can do all sorts of stuff that I still need to tweak.

Iemme know what you guys need for projects and I'll see what I can do.

ProjectEmbryo

Wonderful!  We need all we can get the moment. Artists, 3D Modellers, Programmers, Animators ect

We have a discord, you can find it in the main post!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed