Where did the script leak??

Started by germanator2, May 23, 2017, 11:53:22 PM

Author
Where did the script leak?? (Read 5,354 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: kirscheim on May 24, 2017, 05:00:14 PM
i don't care about you, your friend, or any other person, i just want to read the script.
i've tried googling around various places to no avail.

it seemed very reasonable that if on a site dedicated to the two greatest sci fi film franchises ever, posters passing around a script and posting about it all over the threads that these same people would share it with OTHER fans...

but no.

if this is meant to be an invite only place, then lock shit up. why even let new people join at all ? ? ?

I suggest you step right down. It's not publically leaked, no. It's going around behind closed doors and people are making promises about not sharing it. They don't want to get their friends in trouble. If people want to share it with you, awesome! But basically saying you don't care about others isn't going to do you any favors.

If it gets out there publically, I'll be sure to let everyone know but until then sorry.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 24, 2017, 06:04:44 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 24, 2017, 05:25:32 PM
Quote from: Doomofman on May 24, 2017, 03:00:15 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 24, 2017, 02:52:50 PM
Quote from: Doomofman on May 24, 2017, 08:57:15 AM
As others have said, you have to be part of the 'cool' gang to get a hold of the script. They keep going on about protecting their source but it's really not that hard to make a stripped version of a script without any identifying info on it, guess just nobody's bothered to do it though.

I don't think you'll find it for download on any site though, I've checked through twitter, reddit, 4chan, filehosting sites, other sites I won't mention and even traweled through Russian forums trying to find it as that seems to be where the leak came from initially but have found nothing.

If one of the 'cool' gang wants to give me the script at some point and I'll strip the personal info out of it then everyone could have it. But I doubt very much that will happen

I didn't know leaked scripts would have identifying information. I wonder why someone would put identifying information on something they leaked?

Like what? "This script is brought to you by pussydestroyer5248, enjoy!"  ;D

They're quite often watermarked quite heavily so they can identify who leaked a script if it leaks
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on May 24, 2017, 03:06:06 PM
Yeah, they'll often have the name of the person across every page diagonally.

So the people themselves don't put their name? It's the film makers that gives said person the script which helps them identify that person if it's leaked?

It's the studio that does it. They view a leaked script as potentially hurting the product and their profit in the long run. They really started tightening up security on scripts after the Deadpool script leaked years ago. They actually threatened to sue someone who publicly posted it for millions.

Thanks for the explanation.

germanator2

germanator2

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2017, 06:44:34 PM
i don't care about you, your friend, or any other person, i just want to read the script.

it seemed very reasonable that if on a site dedicated to the two greatest sci fi film franchises ever, posters passing around a script and posting about it all over the threads that these same people would share it with OTHER fans...

but no.

if this is meant to be an invite only place, then lock shit up. why even let new people join at all ? ? ?

I suggest you step right down. It's not publically leaked, no. It's going around behind closed doors and people are making promises about sharing it. They don't want to get their friends in trouble. If people want to share it with you, awesome! But basically saying you don't care about others isn't going to do you any favors.

If it gets out there publically, I'll be sure to let everyone know but until then sorry.
Well if you can't share the script, could someone at least provide a synopsis of the overall movie??

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: germanator2 on May 24, 2017, 08:28:16 PM

but no.

I suggest you step right down. It's not publically leaked, no. It's going around behind closed doors and people are making promises about sharing it. They don't want to get their friends in trouble. If people want to share it with you, awesome! But basically saying you don't care about others isn't going to do you any favors.

Well if you can't share the script, could someone at least provide a synopsis of the overall movie??

Quote from: greygoose on Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM
Potential script overview from a source that said he had a source. I know nothing of it so it could all be false but it's worth a read anyway. Mods feel free to delete if it causes any problems.

Spoiler
- Steve McKenna and his US special forces squad are in Cuba with orders to eliminate some drug

lord and free the hostages. Suddenly an escape pod falls from the skies. The squad finds and

unconscious Predator there and McKenna quickly expropriates helmet and weapon as evidence of an

alien contact. They see a CIA chopper headin' to their location, McKenna runs away. Predator's

up and kills USSF men then gets cought by CIA. McKenna mails the items to his storage cell

right before gettin' cought as well. Because McKenna didn't pay for the storage the items are

sent to the adress... where we meet his ex-wife and autistic son Rory. Of course little fella

is a linguistic genius and bein' bullied at school.
- Casey (Munn's scientist character) is sent to a secret CIA base where Predator's held

captive. While studying Predator's biology she learns that he was easily caught and that the

base stores a lot of alien weaponry (from previous movies). Too late tho.
Meanwhile... McKenna is bein' transported to a madhouse with six other ex-soldiers via bus
when guards are ordered to deliver him to the very same "secret" base for more questioning.
They arrive just in time for the Predator's break out and McKenna uses the moment to escape. With the support of other prisoners he rescues Casey and they all make it to

the chopper ("get to the chopper" line drop).
- Meanwhile... Rory examines the items, "hacks" them and learn alien language. This starts a

chain of events which resulted in another Predator comin' to Earth (he's called "Upgrade" in

the script). He's three meters tall and looks more like humna than classic Predators. He needs

an those items.
- McKenna & co make it to his son just in time to save him from both Predators.
- When Upgrade and runaway Predator first meet face to face the tall one kills the other with one blow.
- Upgrade is some kind of an intergalactic assassin. His task is to kill dissident Predators

who are hiding on Earth in Area 52 and work for the organization which protects it from aliens

(umm... seriously?).

- Closer to the end our heroes find Upgrade's "hidden" ship in Florida (it was stolen from him

by dissident Predator). Soon the ship's owner arives, releases a bunch of hybrids (three-legged

Predators, spider Predators, etc) and they go to attack Area 52 (on foot... go figure). McKenna

& co fly ahead and after a brief exposition get explained that there's urgent need to bring the

rest of dissident Predators to the very same ship. From there they use cars for transportation

(movie logic).

What to expect:

- Robi puts on Predator's mask / shoulder canon and decides to walk the the streets in the midst of Halloween. He stumbles on school bullies, one of them throws an apple at him which Predator tech automatically perceive as an attack... with corresponding consequences.
- Yes, it's a Halloween movie instead of Black's usual Christmas Eve.

- More Predator dogs. One of them gets an "accidental lobotomy", becomes friendly, helps the heroes and overall very cute (because we gotta sell toys).

- Obligatory "Robie drivin' the alien ship" scenes.

- Predator-kidnapper

- Predator is forced to use a machine gun (unmade AvP movie reference).

- Lots of references, line drops and easter eggs.

- Predators actually take spinal cord to collect human DNA and inject it into themselves in order to become stronger (because hunting trophies is sooo last century, right?)

- There's a Dutch cameo but the scene can be easy cut from the story and the character can be easily replaced with Glover's or Baldwin's characters from P2.
[close]

This is pretty much the entire script right here. All it's missing is dialog and descriptions. 

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

I remember when the first Avengers script leaked and the copy was watermarked "SAMUEL L. JACKSON" across the page lol. Luckily for him he's Samuel L. Jackson so there was really nothing Marvel could do.

kirscheim

kirscheim

I suggest you step right down.

fine...

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

You guys are so amazing. You'll read the script, and then talk about it for 15 months? You might not even end up liking it. Why not just go in and be surprised. "Oh but we still won't know how they execute it!" Yes but you've got the spine of it in your cerebrum. Like why lol. I'd personally read the script of something I'm not interested in. Oh well. If you like that kinda thing, you like it.

Master

Master

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 24, 2017, 04:06:54 PM
Since someone took a potshot and it evidently got deleted-

I really could give a shit about lording anything over the forum. Doesn't interest me in the slightest. Not enough hours in my day. The truth is I've been an infrequent poster for over five years and was active when Prometheus was released. I came back for Covenant as well as when a friend in a certain position passed me this script. I knew the script had leaked via many other people, figured it was old news by now around here and so was not anticipating any kind of vehement reaction to me personally.

I am neither special nor different than the many other folks online who have this script including on this forum, many of whom can give it to you; I'm only concerned about preserving my friend's job, possibly overly so. If you take offense to how I've discussed it I can't help that, but I'm just another dude. This whole thing just isn't a big deal and doesn't make anyone important or unique. It's not that serious and I'm hardly that interesting.

but no.

With such attitude I wish you good luck in obtaining/achieving someting ever. All the luck in the world.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on May 24, 2017, 11:05:23 PM
You guys are so amazing. You'll read the script, and then talk about it for 15 months? You might not even end up liking it. Why not just go in and be surprised. "Oh but we still won't know how they execute it!" Yes but you've got the spine of it in your cerebrum. Like why lol. I'd personally read the script of something I'm not interested in. Oh well. If you like that kinda thing, you like it.

Said the guy who is talking about it for 15 months...

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 24, 2017, 08:52:37 PM
Quote from: germanator2 on May 24, 2017, 08:28:16 PM

but no.

Quote from: greygoose on Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM
Potential script overview from a source that said he had a source. I know nothing of it so it could all be false but it's worth a read anyway. Mods feel free to delete if it causes any problems.

Spoiler
- Steve McKenna and his US special forces squad are in Cuba with orders to eliminate some drug

lord and free the hostages. Suddenly an escape pod falls from the skies. The squad finds and

unconscious Predator there and McKenna quickly expropriates helmet and weapon as evidence of an

alien contact. They see a CIA chopper headin' to their location, McKenna runs away. Predator's

up and kills USSF men then gets cought by CIA. McKenna mails the items to his storage cell

right before gettin' cought as well. Because McKenna didn't pay for the storage the items are

sent to the adress... where we meet his ex-wife and autistic son Rory. Of course little fella

is a linguistic genius and bein' bullied at school.
- Casey (Munn's scientist character) is sent to a secret CIA base where Predator's held

captive. While studying Predator's biology she learns that he was easily caught and that the

base stores a lot of alien weaponry (from previous movies). Too late tho.
Meanwhile... McKenna is bein' transported to a madhouse with six other ex-soldiers via bus
when guards are ordered to deliver him to the very same "secret" base for more questioning.
They arrive just in time for the Predator's break out and McKenna uses the moment to escape. With the support of other prisoners he rescues Casey and they all make it to

the chopper ("get to the chopper" line drop).
- Meanwhile... Rory examines the items, "hacks" them and learn alien language. This starts a

chain of events which resulted in another Predator comin' to Earth (he's called "Upgrade" in

the script). He's three meters tall and looks more like humna than classic Predators. He needs

an those items.
- McKenna & co make it to his son just in time to save him from both Predators.
- When Upgrade and runaway Predator first meet face to face the tall one kills the other with one blow.
- Upgrade is some kind of an intergalactic assassin. His task is to kill dissident Predators

who are hiding on Earth in Area 52 and work for the organization which protects it from aliens

(umm... seriously?).

- Closer to the end our heroes find Upgrade's "hidden" ship in Florida (it was stolen from him

by dissident Predator). Soon the ship's owner arives, releases a bunch of hybrids (three-legged

Predators, spider Predators, etc) and they go to attack Area 52 (on foot... go figure). McKenna

& co fly ahead and after a brief exposition get explained that there's urgent need to bring the

rest of dissident Predators to the very same ship. From there they use cars for transportation

(movie logic).

What to expect:

- Robi puts on Predator's mask / shoulder canon and decides to walk the the streets in the midst of Halloween. He stumbles on school bullies, one of them throws an apple at him which Predator tech automatically perceive as an attack... with corresponding consequences.
- Yes, it's a Halloween movie instead of Black's usual Christmas Eve.

- More Predator dogs. One of them gets an "accidental lobotomy", becomes friendly, helps the heroes and overall very cute (because we gotta sell toys).

- Obligatory "Robie drivin' the alien ship" scenes.

- Predator-kidnapper

- Predator is forced to use a machine gun (unmade AvP movie reference).

- Lots of references, line drops and easter eggs.

- Predators actually take spinal cord to collect human DNA and inject it into themselves in order to become stronger (because hunting trophies is sooo last century, right?)

- There's a Dutch cameo but the scene can be easy cut from the story and the character can be easily replaced with Glover's or Baldwin's characters from P2.
[close]

This is pretty much the entire script right here. All it's missing is dialog and descriptions. 

Exactly. This is it minus the end. You like what`s in description? You like the script and probably the movie. You don`t like description? Tough luck, but I already like you  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed