User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alien Covenant Review Roundup  (Read 52007 times)

Paranoid Android
Sep 26, 2017, 04:13:12 PM
Reply #630 on: Sep 26, 2017, 04:13:12 PM
Q
I love the direction this thread took: People using the internet to post their opinion about how people shouldn't post their opinions on the internet.

The Eighth Passenger
Sep 26, 2017, 05:23:03 PM
Reply #631 on: Sep 26, 2017, 05:23:03 PM
Q
No worse than that time I hired a rental car in America and discovered the pumps at the fuel stations are black for diesel and green for petrol. i.e. The exact opposite of the UK. Same colours, other way around. Because confusing those wouldn't be bad for the car.

The fact that they drive on the wrong side of the road should already have given you pause.

Darth Vile
Sep 26, 2017, 08:55:47 PM
Reply #632 on: Sep 26, 2017, 08:55:47 PM
Q
I love the direction this thread took: People using the internet to post their opinion about how people shouldn't post their opinions on the internet.
I'm not sure anyone is challenging the right to voice an opinion. However, having an opinion, and publishing it on-line, doesn't automatically make it immune to critique when others disagree. It obviously works both ways.

Paranoid Android
Sep 26, 2017, 09:15:19 PM
Reply #633 on: Sep 26, 2017, 09:15:19 PM
Q
I'm not sure anyone is challenging the right to voice an opinion.

The thing you have to ask yourself is what kind of human sputum would upload their diatribes to youtube in the first place? Regardless of wether opinions align at some point, pretty much all the bloggers I've ever seen are so self absorbed in trying to justify their existence, that any intellectual/logical critique is secondary to the urge to show their face and talk to camera. They like believing they are the stars of their own show.

::)

Hemi
Sep 27, 2017, 11:09:38 AM
Reply #634 on: Sep 27, 2017, 11:09:38 AM
Q
Why people even post these in replies is beyond me. I NEVER clicked on one EVER.

So just because it's something you don't like, they are of no value whatsoever...

Sure.

Again, why people even post these in replies is beyond me.<--

No worse than that time I hired a rental car in America and discovered the pumps at the fuel stations are black for diesel and green for petrol. i.e. The exact opposite of the UK. Same colours, other way around. Because confusing those wouldn't be bad for the car.

Mainland EU also Black for diesel and green for petrol. :-)

UK is the land of weirdo's...that's all... ;-)

SM
Sep 27, 2017, 11:11:55 AM
Reply #635 on: Sep 27, 2017, 11:11:55 AM
Q
You drive on the right side.

We drive on the correct side.

HuDaFuK
Sep 27, 2017, 12:02:19 PM
Reply #636 on: Sep 27, 2017, 12:02:19 PM
Q
Mainland EU also Black for diesel and green for petrol. :-)

I know, I've driven in Europe several times and it's exactly the same as in the UK.

It's America where it's the opposite way around.

EDIT: Lol, just realised I mis-typed in my first post. It's green for diesel in the US and black for petrol. It's f*cking confusing even without being there!

« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2017, 12:05:35 PM by HuDaFuK »

Corporal Hicks
Sep 27, 2017, 02:11:29 PM
Reply #637 on: Sep 27, 2017, 02:11:29 PM
Q
Getting a bit tired of youtube reviewers who bash anything that isn't 'Aliens'.
The thing you have to ask yourself is what kind of human sputum would upload their diatribes to youtube in the first place? Regardless of wether opinions align at some point, pretty much all the bloggers I've ever seen are so self absorbed in trying to justify their existence, that any intellectual/logical critique is secondary to the urge to show their face and talk to camera. They like believing they are the stars of their own show.

First thing, chill out with the derogatory comments. Second, it's not different to forums or Facebook or etc. There are people whose thoughts maybe valued and people whose are not. It's just a different avenue.

HuDaFuK
Sep 27, 2017, 05:02:23 PM
Reply #639 on: Sep 27, 2017, 05:02:23 PM
Q
Oh, bollocks to you :laugh:

I ain't no damn Yankee!

SuicideDoors
Oct 17, 2017, 03:32:41 PM
Reply #640 on: Oct 17, 2017, 03:32:41 PM
Q
For those interested, Covenant now holds the prestige of being one of only a few films to have lost its Rotten Tomatoes seal of approval. It's plummeted to the 60's. I hope Fox takes note; I know it's not rocket science but the film did below average at the box office because the response was average. 

genocyber
Nov 11, 2017, 12:08:03 AM
Reply #641 on: Nov 11, 2017, 12:08:03 AM
Q
-So tell us Ridley, what is this new Alien film about?
>It's going to be great. It will have David quoting poetry, David playing the flute, David creating the xenomorphs, David impersonating another android, and of course David wins at the end.
-But it's an Alien movie, shouldn't it have aliens in it?
>Shit, you're right. i guess we will have to put in a scene or two in the last half hour of the film

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed