Alien: Covenant & The Engineers (spoilers)

Started by Predaker, Apr 23, 2017, 03:21:46 PM

David unleashes the juggernaut's payload upon an unsuspecting civilisation, but who are they really?

Engineers
30 (58.8%)
Other (please explain)
21 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author
Alien: Covenant & The Engineers (spoilers) (Read 8,522 times)

juxtapose

. .awesome.. Lol  .were did u get that image?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I don't know, it's been floating around on the web for ages. I think that was during Prometheus' promotional tour, they had a guy dressed-up as an Engineer and walking around all over the place, in rush-hour traffic etc.

juxtapose

. .those people don't know if they can stare or not. . :D

Predaker

Quote from: juxtapose on Apr 25, 2017, 05:12:36 PM
. .thats why it's called a theory.  ;)

Not after taking into account statements made by the filmmakers and various spoilers we already have. It's currently not supported and demonstrably wrong.

juxtapose

yeah i get it, i come here alot, i know thats not how things play out. .so i like the theory, thats all. .i've read most of the spoilers.. So i know . .

Predaker

So the Alien: Covenant prologue gave us this little gem from David - "We were able to activate their ship, and set course for their homeworld."

Unless a sequel retcons Covenant, David will be responsible for wiping out the last of the engineers on their homeworld. I was not expecting that!

SpeedyMaxx

I was!

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 29, 2017, 02:41:53 PM
So the Alien: Covenant prologue gave us this little gem from David - "We were able to activate their ship, and set course for their homeworld."

Unless a sequel retcons Covenant, David will be responsible for wiping out the last of the engineers on their homeworld. I was not expecting that!

One way to do it without retconning Covenant (at least, not completely).... the homeworld that is listed in the Juggernaut space charts isn't the Engineers **current** homeworld.  That Juggernaut was 2000 years old (which means it's star charts are 2000 years old).

Marcus9000

Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 24, 2017, 03:45:28 AM
Im wondering if the idea behind this civilization on 'PARADISE' isn't that whichever planets have life-seeded by the gods, are given the option to ASCEND into this civilization should they turn out to behave the ways the other Engineers accept. Like Heaven accepting people in the literal sense.

So the elder Engineers are seeding life on these planets and then if the civilization is acceptable, they are taken to Paradise where they breed and perfect the race, ...on Paradise.

Maybe that could explain why they wanted to kill us at the end of Prometheus. Maybe humans have not earned the right to "ascend" due to our warlike tendencies? Who knows?

But a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpeedyMaxx

I honestly always felt (and still do) that the 'secret' behind why the Engineers wanted to destroy us was very simple and banal, the same thing Ridley suggested years ago - they raised their crops (lifeforms) and then harvested them, as part of a natural workaday cycle. He also often suggested the alien and other bioweapons like it were 'harvesters', like termites, equipment deployed to wipe out organisms they were tired of or even terraform worlds.

I think that's all we were to the Engineers: A crop to be harvested. No other darker motive.

Marcus9000

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 29, 2017, 09:50:25 PM
I honestly always felt (and still do) that the 'secret' behind why the Engineers wanted to destroy us was very simple and banal, the same thing Ridley suggested years ago - they raised their crops (lifeforms) and then harvested them, as part of a natural workaday cycle. He also often suggested the alien and other bioweapons like it were 'harvesters', like termites, equipment deployed to wipe out organisms they were tired of or even terraform worlds.

I think that's all we were to the Engineers: A crop to be harvested. No other darker motive.

Fair enough, sounds plausible actually!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed