Alien: Covenant & The Engineers (spoilers)

Started by Predaker, Apr 23, 2017, 03:21:46 PM

David unleashes the juggernaut's payload upon an unsuspecting civilisation, but who are they really?

Engineers
30 (58.8%)
Other (please explain)
21 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author
Alien: Covenant & The Engineers (spoilers) (Read 8,524 times)

Stanley

The Engineers that planet seeded work on a very long timescale.   Thousands of years between visits. 

So..a 100 years or so of humans reaching some of their planets is nothing.

They could retaliate 10,000, 100,000 years later.

Or they may already know through experience that humans will self destruct or that the alien creatures will eventually become widespread.

There does seem to be different Engineer factions or varieties.

If this is "end" of them, they seem to have regressed and depopulated to just one city perhaps without the kind of technology that might be expected.   So maybe their civilization collapsed?  Or maybe those remaining are like mountain people living simply.   The others may have moved onto other planes of existence ala 2001 or Interstellar or The Matrix.

rabidranger

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 23, 2017, 03:45:26 PM
Ridley has made it clear he intends to move closer and closer to Alien and the alien, and away from the Engineers.

I don't like it but this is his final solution.

You've mentioned this a few times. Can you share a link?

SpeedyMaxx

They're all over the forum. Ridley has given a ton of interviews in the last couple months saying the next movies will come closer and closer to the secrets of the original film.

cliffhanger

I'm sure the mods here are busy enough, but perhaps it wouldn't be unwise to create an additional 2 threads:

Video thread - All OFFICIAL video's regarding to Alien:Covenant.(including TV spots. essentially, nothing fanmade) *
Photo thread - All OFFICIAL photo's regarding to Alien:Covenant.(including leaked photos, as long it's not fanmade)*

* either gather all material in the OP reply, or remove the ability to post and only let videos be placed by mods.

and offcourse make it a sticky.

Protozoid

Looks like this movie will do whatever it takes to lure Alien fans back.

And unfortunately, I think that means jettisoning the Engineer storyline.

I wouldn't be surprised if we never see the Engineers again, but we do see the Space Jockeys.  Not because that was the plan all along, but because Alien fans will eat it up.

kwisatz

Humanity --

What ya gonna do when they coming for you!?

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

I voted other because they look different. Pretty simple. Im sure it will be explained

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 23, 2017, 03:21:46 PM
Ridley Scott is bringing us a sequel to Prometheus that basically ditches the engineers and centers around the origins of the Alien now. Why not keep the engineers around a little longer rather than doing away with them as a living group?

Will we ever see any of them alive again?
Did you see the movie, or know anything about the next 2 movies? How do you know the concept is being ditched?

Evanus

If he was interested in having engineers play a part in the story, he would have done it now. But he doesn't. Instead he's killing them all.

And yes, technically it's possible that there are still engineers on other planets. But the fact that Ridley chose to kill all the engineers on their home planet, says to me that he's not interested in them anymore.

kwisatz

kwisatz

At least they get their screen time being killed.

Shaw just be gone!  :D

SpeedyMaxx

I'm far from a fan of dumping all the new ideas from the previous movie. But it seems to be what's happening, sans David. It's hard to misread the material here.

cliffhanger

lets stir the pot again, just for fun :D

you know, i'm fully aware that they've designed the engineer and everything around it way too similar to the jockey to concider they're not intended to be one and the same. the original just was way to big for the story to tell. it was perfect for 1979 and the backgroudn and story it had then. if the story wouldh ave been different in prometheus, they would have been the correct size. also, it's way too confusing to change it 'again'. to add another 'species' that s bigger that is the real deal. that would not work with the audience, so, like it or not - and no, i dont like it, though i understand it - it's how it is.

BUT

let there be hope and dreams !!!

SpeedyMaxx

They truth is they just don't care.

cliffhanger

Yeah, as dissatisfying that is to hear, that's the g***mnd truth.

i wouldn't be surprised if the 'new' xeno supposedly is the same as the alien from 1979, despite looking different in aesthetics detailwise (mecanical)

kwisatz

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 23, 2017, 09:41:44 PM
lets stir the pot again, just for fun :D

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb381/jmichinock/space-jockey-in-ridley-scotts-alien.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/64e3yu.jpg

you know, i'm fully aware that they've designed the engineer and everything around it way too similar to the jockey to concider they're not intended to be one and the same. the original just was way to big for the story to tell. it was perfect for 1979 and the backgroudn and story it had then. if the story wouldh ave been different in prometheus, they would have been the correct size. also, it's way too confusing to change it 'again'. to add another 'species' that s bigger that is the real deal. that would not work with the audience, so, like it or not - and no, i dont like it, though i understand it - it's how it is.

BUT

let there be hope and dreams !!!

Ridley: "Gonna need a bigger bomb!"

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I'm very glad they're moving away from the leucistic bodybuilders. Worst idea in the entire series

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed