Potential script overview from a source that said he had a source. I know nothing of it so it could all be false but it's worth a read anyway. Mods feel free to delete if it causes any problems.
- Steve McKenna and his US special forces squad are in Cuba with orders to eliminate some drug
lord and free the hostages. Suddenly an escape pod falls from the skies. The squad finds and
unconscious Predator there and McKenna quickly expropriates helmet and weapon as evidence of an
alien contact. They see a CIA chopper headin' to their location, McKenna runs away. Predator's
up and kills USSF men then gets cought by CIA. McKenna mails the items to his storage cell
right before gettin' cought as well. Because McKenna didn't pay for the storage the items are
sent to the adress... where we meet his ex-wife and autistic son Robie. Of course little fella
is a linguistic genius and bein' bullied at school.
- Casey (Munn's scientist character) is sent to a secret CIA base where Predator's held
captive. While studying Predator's biology she learns that he was easily caught and that the
base stores a lot of alien weaponry (from previous movies). Too late tho.
- Meanwhile... McKenna is bein' transported to a madhouse with six other ex-soldiers via bus
when guards are ordered to deliver him to the very same "secret" base for more questioning
(what the hell?). They arrive just in time for the Predator's break out and McKenna uses the
moment to escape. With the support of other prisoners he rescues Casey and they all make it to
the chopper ("get to the chopper" line drop).
- Meanwhile... Robie examines the items, "hacks" them and learn alien language. This starts a
chain of events which resulted in another Predator comin' to Earth (he's called "Upgrade" in
the script). He's three meters tall and looks more like humna than classic Predators. He needs
an those items.
- McKenna & co make it to his son just in time to save him from both Predators.
- When Upgrade and runaway Predator first meet face to face the tall one kills the other with one blow.
- Upgrade is some kind of an intergalactic assassin. His task is to kill dissident Predators
who are hiding on Earth in Area 52 and work for the organization which protects it from aliens
- Closer to the end our heroes find Upgrade's "hidden" ship in Florida (it was stolen from him
by dissident Predator). Soon the ship's owner arives, releases a bunch of hybrids (three-legged
Predators, spider Predators, etc) and they go to attack Area 52 (on foot... go figure). McKenna
& co fly ahead and after a brief exposition get explained that there's urgent need to bring the
rest of dissident Predators to the very same ship. From there they use cars for transportation
What to expect:
- Robi puts on Predator's mask / shoulder canon and decides to walk the the streets in the midst of Halloween. He stumbles on school bullies, one of them throws an apple at him which Predator tech automatically perceive as an attack... with corresponding consequences.
- Yes, it's a Halloween movie instead of Black's usual Christmas Eve.
- More Predator dogs. One of them gets an "accidental lobotomy", becomes friendly, helps the heroes and overall very cute (because we gotta sell toys).
- Obligatory "Robie drivin' the alien ship" scenes.
- Predator is forced to use a machine gun (unmade AvP movie reference).
- Lots of references, line drops and easter eggs.
- Predators actually take spinal cord to collect human DNA and inject it into themselves in order to become stronger (because hunting trophies is sooo last century, right?)
- There's a Dutch cameo but the scene can be easy cut from the story and the character can be easily replaced with Glover's or Baldwin's characters from P2.
Thanks for sharing! Every aspect described sure sounds "radical" and unconventional for a Predator film, but I love the fact that they're going crazy with it and taking the franchise to uncharted territory. Definitely fresh and bold. Existing fans will understably have good reason to be nervous about this, but I foresee it attracting a new generation of supporters.
This could very well be based on an earlier version of the script
judging alone by the names "Steve" and "Robie"
, but I'm all for it. Let's all support Shane, or at least try!!
Oh, and please, could we all use the spoiler tags if we're referencing key details of this latest plot description? Thanks!