5 (19.2%)
2000s
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author
Best era for music (Read 3,466 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

For me has to be the 70s it began with the beatles last album and ended with punk and heavy metal.

Matriarch

Matriarch

Synth pop was the peak of music for me. Metal and Techno are still good though.

SiL

SiL

The music I grew up with in my formative years where I was developing taste in music.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

80's baby. But as a hip hop head, the 90's was the best for that

Shinawi

Prez

Prez

80s ... now whilst I love a lot of other genres I'm a metalhead at heart and the 80s gave us the very best IMO. Maiden, Priest, Motorhead, etc at their peak, the birth of Thrash and the Big 4 ... so many iconic albums. That said too Pop/radio friendly music was at it's peak too.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

60's/70's, gimme those Nam feels

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Apr 15, 2017, 08:52:12 PM
60's/70's, gimme those Nam feels
Hell YH!

Citadel

Citadel

70s. Some of Dylan's best work (Blood on the Tracks, Desire, Slow Train Coming), the Stones (Exile, etc), Bowie, Led Zep, Lennon. It was the sixties x 100, creativity was at its peak, with the greats really coming into their own and experimenting. The 80s came and went without much to influence, minus nostalgia for those caught up in its sound. It didn't provide for much creativity, either. It was mostly trend over substance.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It would be tight between the 70s and the 80s for me.

The 70s was probably more consistent, whereas in the 80s there was admittedly plenty of crap, but also some of my all-time favourite stuff.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 24, 2017, 06:02:22 PM
It would be tight between the 70s and the 80s for me.

The 70s was probably more consistent, whereas in the 80s there was admittedly plenty of crap, but also some of my all-time favourite stuff.
I prefer the 70s cause of the great change of music in the decade.

SM

SM

Every decade since the 1950s has seen great change.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Prez on Mar 08, 2017, 11:56:34 AM
80s ... now whilst I love a lot of other genres I'm a metalhead at heart and the 80s gave us the very best IMO. Maiden, Priest, Motorhead, etc at their peak, the birth of Thrash and the Big 4 ... so many iconic albums. That said too Pop/radio friendly music was at it's peak too.

This is pretty much what I would have said. But also as SiL points out, more often than not its your teen-head that forms your tastes.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

I keep fluctuating between eras but I rarely ever listen to anything from the late 90's/2000's and up. Everything before that is my jam tho.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

I also love modern country

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed