Nuclear war

Started by EJA, Oct 14, 2016, 07:06:00 PM

Author
Nuclear war (Read 2,532 times)

EJA

EJA

What with the current situation between the West and Russia, is anyone else deeply concerned that World War III could be fast approaching?

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

To Me I don't think so.does anyone know about lebenon it was the same crisis same thing with cambodia.I think it will die down

EJA

EJA

We were very lucky with those. Doesn't mean we will be again.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: EJA on Oct 14, 2016, 07:15:45 PM
We were very lucky with those. Doesn't mean we will be again.
Why not also there is numerous exemplars. Don't be so glommy nuclear wars unlikely

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

A nuclear exchange is highly unlikely to happen. However engaging a nuclear adversary is never a wise path of action.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I don't see the point of a nuclear war seeing that no one wins. Why kill everyone with nukes if you are going to die along with it?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Oct 15, 2016, 12:18:08 AM
I don't see the point of a nuclear war seeing that no one wins. Why kill everyone with nukes if you are going to die along with it?
Nuclear war isn't as deadly as it's portrayed. They're be a lot of survivors... who'd probably wished they were dead but it is wholly survivable if you live out side of the major target and or immediate blast zones. The first exchange would all but cripple the worlds ability to nuke itself.  The world will go on in some fashion along with humanity.

Well it would cripple everyone but America's ability to nuke the world... it's just those damn subs.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Most plant and animal life wold be dead. There won't be anything to live off seeing that most of it will also be radioactive.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Oct 15, 2016, 01:14:49 AM
Most plant and animal life wold be dead. There won't be anything to live off seeing that most of it will also be radioactive.
Most of the harmful radiation have half-lives less than minutes and no more than a couple of weeks. They'd be enough resources for those that are left to weather the prolonged eco-system catastrophe but it will recover. Hell it'll probably be better off after. However you wont be visiting avpgalaxy anytime soon unless hicks stores the server in his reinforced basement. Which I bet he does.

Duck and cover, presumably under earth but the will to survive is essential.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

What about nuclear winter? If enough nukes are launched, there could be enough ash to blot out the sun for quite a while. And this ash would likely be more nuclear fallout.

Even if half-lives are short, the damage to DNA could be irreversible. There'd be plenty of people and animals getting cancers, and plenty of deformed births which would add more to the damage. Would all of this wipe out life? No, could t wipe us all out? Possibly but we could also survive.

Also, how would the US submarines be guided around if all the electronics such as radars to guide them are gone? Who will tell the subs where to nuke?  :P By the way, good catch on the first wave wiping our ability to launch more nukes, I never considered the EMP blasts...

In theory, we may not even need to nuke ourselves, just nuke in the atmosphere above your enemy and let EMP disable their stuff. But then there's EMP shielding, I don't know how effective it is though.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I didn't say it would be pleasant but rule one is cover up. Oh and billions will die from radiation sickness no doubt. Still even in the worst case scenario over 500 million survive. In the more common scenarios over 4-5 billion survive the first two years after.

The emp atmospheric attacks are a threat but Honolulu was directly hit by an emp during an atmospheric test and over all it wasn't that effective. It's worthless against military targets which have been shielded since the 1950's. Nukes in water are both more effective and less effective. Today's subs compensate for and take advantage of these limitations. Also there is a reason why no other country invests heavily in sub fleets, the US cornered that market years ago and last I checked could kill all enemy submarine forces in under a few minutes. Which was the most important security leak Robert Hanssen gave to the Russians. Since then they haven't bothered modernizing their naval forces and focus more on building big threatening looking contraptions that are not an actual danger to our forces. Which is a legitimate fear for their not wanting to reduce their nuclear armament.

Plus Chernobyl was a nuclear catastrophe of sheer mankind manufactured negligence and guess what, mother nature thrives. Fukushima was nothing compared to that incident. However that's what life does, it survives. The meaning of life brothers. :P

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: EJA on Oct 14, 2016, 07:06:00 PM
What with the current situation between the West and Russia, is anyone else deeply concerned that World War III could be fast approaching?

More chance of all out civil wars across the US and Europe.

x-M-x

x-M-x

The Next Nuclear war and possibly World War III, will happen in around 100 years i think so doesn't bother me as i'll be dead anyway.

Thomas H.

Thomas H.

Movies have a good way of showing trigger happy rulers of state that will threaten with nukes as soon as someone farts in their general direction. In real life, they are quite aware that a nuclear launch is spotted straight away, and someone will strike back. It's basicly suicide.

So, no. There won't be a World War III, not like that. A World War III with conventional weapons however.....See, the thing is, people didn't call it WWI or WWII from the get go. With all the shit going on right now, with several countries involved in several political based conflicts, who knows what people will call if after a few years?

Randomizer

Randomizer

I just hope that the hysteria caused by mass-media will make people bury those devils, if not we dig our grave into fictional works.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed