"Something New" - New Instagram Photo from Blomkamp

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 11, 2016, 03:43:29 PM

Author
"Something New" - New Instagram Photo from Blomkamp (Read 1,528 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

"Something new"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BC0WesxqhEi/?taken-by=neillblomkamp

Don't know if it's related to Alien or not. Doesn't look like the Colonial Marines helmets. It maybe the other faction we saw in the concept art.

Thanks to shakermaker for pointing it out.

426Buddy

Probably for whatever project Neil has moved on with. They def don't look aliensy lol

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 420Buddy on Mar 11, 2016, 04:03:28 PM
Probably for whatever project Neil has moved on with. They def don't look aliensy lol

I didn't think they did either. I just wish people would give more than cryptic messages.  :laugh:

Xenomorphine

Those artistic logos seem to be there deliberately for being filmed, which rules out them jsut being something to do with motion-capture. My guess is that those binocular-like arrangements are meant to be on the 'front', which brings into question what those plastic blocks with the cables are meant to be for.

A completely speculative guess is that they might be for some kind of pilots to wear, but whether the vehicles would be surface, aquatic, atmospheric or for space, who knows?

Could also be for remotely-controlled robotic platforms: The binocular piece might be for relaying any visual data from the vehicle's own 'head'-mounted sensory input. For reference, see 'The Abyss' and, of course, 'Chappie', too. Drone operator headgear, essentially.

The interesting thing is that the logos seem to be referencing numbers. The closest is 2, the middle is 3 and the furthest seems to be 7 (possibly with a stylised chess piece picture being painted beside that).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed