XENOMORPH: Lucky Star

Started by Olaf.Brunson, Feb 16, 2016, 05:56:59 PM

Author
XENOMORPH: Lucky Star (Read 27,994 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Yeah I'd love to see the Original comic when its done :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sounds good! Throw a link up.

Looking forward to seeing more of Lucky Star when it's ready.  :)

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

In case you were interested in seeing the protagonist of KILL.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Olaf.Brunson on Nov 27, 2016, 03:54:08 AM

In case you were interested in seeing the protagonist of KILL.

Giggity lol

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

And another concept that I have been working on, so it's technically unofficial due to it not being drawn by the illustrator.

A heavy gunner variant of a common enemy in the KILL comic

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

"Dismissed. Get the f**k out of my office."
Finally wrote the next page for XENOMORPH: Lucky Star. There's a little bit to give an idea of who's being introduced.
We are hoping to get the page released (colored or not) by new year's day!

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

MAJOR SPOILERS for chapter 2 in this, however they are subject to change as this was just a note I sent to Roberto about what I have planned.
Spoiler
As far as I have planned, the Marines will catch word that a security team was sent to investigate missing persons to include colonist and a couple of mechanics from the Gertrude and that when they had arrived at their last known site, another security team at a med bay was discovered to be killed in the same area. Company advisers have requested USCM assistance in dealing with a potential dangerous situation that they would be better equipped to handle. The USCM will deploy our team of marines to the site where they discover that the med bay is running on back up power. The team investigates further inside noting a couple of breaches in the structure that are torn open. One up high leading to the jungle and one down low leading to the sewers. The holes are connected to each other with resin and animal bones. Following the resin trail, the Marines encounter a circular room that purifies the water before dumping it back into the wild. around the circular walkway are various creatures cocooned to the pipes and walls. Among them is one of the missing security. The marines check him and release him from the wall, giving him water and attempting to revive him. When he awakes he gasps for air and looks to the marines believing himself to be saved. As the marines extract him from the hive, they are ambushed by the alien, who wounds two of the marines before grabbing the security again. The security guard panics and attempts to kill himself before the alien can drag him back to another nightmare. He manages to wrestle a pistol from a marine and puts it in his mouth as the Alien pulls him close, shooting himself and wounding the alien, whos acid splashes back and dissolves the guard, spraying lightly on the marine as well who only receives minor, yet disfiguring burns on his face and arm. The marines attempt to eliminate the alien, but it escapes into the sewer. They attempt to retreat but the emergency power dies and the door to get outside is sealed. Their only way out is to go back into the hive. (that is all I have figured and is subject to change)
[close]

in other news, here's that test page for KILL:

as well as a new redesign for that helmet

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

Working on this concept, which is not the final design (after I am satisfied with what myself and another artist come up with, Predaguy will do the final design)

This is a bit of a spoiler for the story, as are most of the concepts related to the xenomorph
Spoiler

"warrior-queen" concept. The form the xenomorph will take before growing into a fully developed queen.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Interesting. I'm curious to see where you go with that.

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

It should hopefully be gross and scary at the same time

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

I am considering holding off on my other comic project for KILL and doing a Predator comic instead...

Then later doing an AvP comic. Thoughts?

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

New XENOMORPH: Lucky Star page will be posted tomorrow

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I will say because it's a huge issue I have with female Predators, but I'm just not a fan of the breasts. Could you try a different way of differentiating the genders?

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

What's wrong with female predators having them other than it not being very original?

Anatomically, they are too humanoid for me to imagine them not giving birth to live young and breast feeding. I don't see them coming from eggs and being fed like baby birds or ready to hunt on their own like a lizard.

In the comic idea I have, we would get to see our predator grow up and see their culture. My vision of it, anyway. The comic would end at where the AvP comic would begin.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Olaf.Brunson on Jan 30, 2017, 09:33:00 PM
What's wrong with female predators having them other than it not being very original?

Anatomically, they are too humanoid for me to imagine them not giving birth to live young and breast feeding. I don't see them coming from eggs and being fed like baby birds or ready to hunt on their own like a lizard.

In the comic idea I have, we would get to see our predator grow up and see their culture. My vision of it, anyway. The comic would end at where the AvP comic would begin.

They seem more reptilian than mammalian. It also anthropomorphize them far too much for my liking. It's a big pet peeve I have.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed