News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 561,438 times)

BonesawT101

That defo looks like it's from Covenant Enoch  :o ;D 8)

Enoch

It seems it just a fan art

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA_uAe3NwGX/

Just found this one, again on Instragram!

Pvt. Himmel

Enoch

Enoch

The Engineer in Milan (thats the title ;D)

Posted on instagram on January 2016

If this is just a fan art, then its pretty good one!
But its kind a strange it has that same look as that
broken/destroyed statue from leaked photos!??

I must laugh at myself ;D ;D :D :D

Milan Cathedral, statue of Saint Bartholomew

426Buddy

Still

The similarities to the fallen statue in Covenant are interesting.

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't be too surprised if it was directly inspired.

DorkiDori

Statue LOOKS like an Engineer as it is... and its an ACTUAL statue lol

BonesawT101

Quote from: DorkiDori on Nov 17, 2016, 07:27:22 PM
haha  :laugh: It really does!

DorkiDori

So is it at all strange that 2 nights ago I had an amazingly vivid dream (like where you remember every small detail from it, even hours after you wake up) that I had been hired as a concept artist to work in the art department at Fox Australia for Prometheus 3? I have been REALLY inspired lately to step up my art/sound/production game quite a bit during the next year of my life and this dream I had pushed me even further.

It was really neat, I was down in the props department helping the staff sculpt Xeno skulls, hands etc for a set that resembled a Xeno/Deacon holocaust of sorts. Like the set had Xeno skeletal remains all over the place. Then I was called onto another set to work directly with Ridley about where to place a few props I had designed into a huge Gigeresque sound stage! I went back to my office after word and found a note on my desk "Lenn, since we know your level of sound production, please get started on a few concept songs for this particular scene" which called for 2 really dark and brooding industrial infused soundscapes.

I woke up feeling like a million bucks ;) Now, just to make it a reality!

Ingwar

Quote from: DorkiDori on Nov 17, 2016, 07:27:22 PM
This is bloody spooky. Love it.

Enoch

Reshoots are good thing!

@The Eighth Passenger

Here you go:

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Enoch on Nov 17, 2016, 11:27:12 PM
Reshoots are good thing!

@The Eighth Passenger

Here you go:

Yep!!

Enoch

You think they used st. Bartholomew statue as a reference to this Covenent one?
If thats the case... everybody heard about St. Bartholomew's massacre :o

Maybe Ridley used that as a very subtle hint for some kind of religious conflict
between two groups of Engineers?? Or I imagine too much ;D :D

windebieste

Wow... the level of symbolism just keeps going deeper.   I don't think you're imagining it at all, Enoch.  Scott appears to revel in this kind of metaphor.   I am guessing enriching these movies with this kind of content is what is making it satisfying for him to be involved in the making these movies. 

I don't see a man of his intellect just being satisfied by making goofy space monster movies at the tail end of his career.  I am sure he's deliberately enriching these movies with intellectual content to make them palatable on multiple levels.

-Windebieste.

DorkiDori

Quote from: Enoch on Nov 17, 2016, 11:41:37 PM
Maybe Ridley used that as a very subtle hint for some kind of religious conflict
between two groups of Engineers?? Or I imagine too much ;D :D

Ive had this theory for a while (stated it a few pages back too, possibly mightve been in another thread). there was an official canon easter egg in Aliens: Colonial Marines where if you shot the engineer chair enough, a hologram appeared in the top of the room with the circle shaped Engineer ship shooting down the Juggernaut shaped ship from LV-426/LV-223. it was a very subtle hint, but 20th Century Fox DID say this was canon and pertained directly to Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed