News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 561,391 times)

0321recon

Quote from: SM on Jun 22, 2017, 07:00:08 AM
Quote from: 0321recon on Jun 20, 2017, 11:46:48 PM
Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 20, 2017, 11:20:59 PM
Quote from: oduodu on Jun 20, 2017, 10:58:41 PM
Sorry

http://www.alien-covenant.com/topic/45656

"reportedly Scott claims engineers return in the sequel"

Can anyone confirm validity ?
Sounds intriguing, and I'm glad to hear that the Engineers will be back in a major role. Also, presumably, this was the plan went y wrote Covenant, so I was just overreacting to what I thought was the Engineers being written out of the series altogether. The implication of 3-4 factions converging for the sequel is exciting. What are the other two groups besides the Engineers and the Covenant colonists? Will the being seen in the Prometheus mural beside the Engineer finally make an appearance? Competing factions of humans, perhaps?

In another forum someone commented that perhaps a proto faction of the Colonial Marines could come to play since this will be two expeditions that have gone missing, and Weyland-Yutani wants to know what occurred especially now that more than 2,000 colonists have vanished. They might send a team of these proto Colonial Marines to investigate. 

I have a suspicion that David might actually be going to Paradise to eradicate the engineer race once and for all.

If the engineers arrive on Planet 4, they will find Walter and ask him who killed their people. Once he tells him that it was David, they will surely go after him, and if he's going to Paradise, the film will become a race against time since he could have created an army of Xeno and protomorphs to destroy the Paradisian population.   

In the middle of this, if the Colonial Marines are involved, they will find themselves in the middle of this, and literally becomes what Scott talked about being 'war of the worlds'. 

In the end, Lindelof was right. It was a diversion to seed the ideas of what's going to occur in this final film, though that's if its gets made after Covenant's lackluster performance.

Let's see what happens.

Has Covenant vanished?

Ridley was vague on which planet David is heading to. Right now, everything is pure speculation. Lindelof talked about Covenant being a pit stop before heading out to the actual engineer home world. now, with what Scott has said If David intends to finish what he started, he detours the covenant with his experiments to Paradise. 

Ingwar

Ingwar

Ingwar

BishopShouldGo

Classiest scene in all the franchise hehe

Ingwar

Look at his slippers ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Highland

That was quite good. Could see most of them.

0321recon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2017, 02:27:11 PM
Here's one for Enoch.

https://vimeo.com/228756074

Nice comparisons. You can see Scott and co put in a lot of work into the film  Though, being a fan of Prometheus, it still gets to me seeing the annihilation of the engineers. 

Hide

Yeah, nice artworks but lots of the references were used poorly. The planet's landscape was way to similar to earth. You had in your mind that this is earth all the time. Same plants, same colors, people no wearing helmets, etc...
Engineers looked ridiculous, and the Greek-Roman references didn't convey any feeling of danger or had any similarities with the Darelicts (there are 3 of them now).

The film is also a disaster, visually. Nice pictures but sadly the wrong ones.

lv_226

Seriously cool video, thanks Hicks!

I would also add all the obvious ones like the painting in the beginning, the piano, the throne chair, the statue of Michaelangelo's David. There are other shots where David looks like Lucifer out of a William Blake painting (when Oram illuminates his face with the light while in the egg chamber... David has this... cherubim/angel look to him).

Jonesy1974

Great video.

Enoch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2017, 02:27:11 PM
Here's one for Enoch.

https://vimeo.com/228756074

E P I C. Thanks, Corporal! :)

How are you, mate?

Ingwar

Quote"Michael Fassbender spent weeks, hours on end, rehearsing," stunt coordinator Kyle Gardiner explains. "And it shows, because he's in both sides of the fight...To do one side and then the other [with] such an intricate choreography is super impressive."

http://www.9news.com/entertainment/entertainment-tonight/exclusive-this-is-how-long-michael-fassbender-had-to-train-to-fight-himself-in-alien-covenant/464255731

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed