Which era would you like to live in/liked the most

Started by THE CITY HUNTER, Nov 02, 2015, 06:11:54 PM

Which era you liked or would like to live in.

50s
1 (6.7%)
60s
1 (6.7%)
70s
2 (13.3%)
80s
1 (6.7%)
90s
4 (26.7%)
Early 2000s
2 (13.3%)
Other(specify in comment)
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author
Which era would you like to live in/liked the most (Read 2,982 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

Talk about which era you would like to live in or which era you enjoyed the most.(Yes I watched back to the future)

Corporal Hicks

Personally I would have loved to live in the 60s/70s so I could have experienced the moon landings.

THE CITY HUNTER

Love to live in the 90s not far off great time for movies and games because PS1 came out and a alright time not now which there is a lot of problems.(i was born in the late 90s)And the early 2000s was great until 2010.

Shinawi

Shinawi

whiterabbit

f**k it. I'm rolling the dice baby, 9990 for the win.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Shinawi on Nov 04, 2015, 05:00:55 PM
1990s - early 2000s

Lived it. It was shit.  :P

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 05, 2015, 03:12:59 AM

That's what I hate about the thought of dying...not knowing how it all turns out.

Randomizer

Early 2000's. AvP's player base was at its best, Deus Ex, no DLC's. :laugh:

2nd choice would be the 90's. A couple of great movies at that time I loved a lot, including The Green Mile.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Randomizer on Nov 05, 2015, 05:16:47 PM
Early 2000's. AvP's player base was at its best, Deus Ex, no DLC's. :laugh:

2nd choice would be the 90's. A couple of great movies at that time I loved a lot, including The Green Mile.
Same here just the other way round mid 2000s was alright(mainly because of basil brush and chuckle vision)

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 05, 2015, 08:50:28 AM
Quote from: Shinawi on Nov 04, 2015, 05:00:55 PM
1990s - early 2000s

Lived it. It was shit.  :P

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 05, 2015, 03:12:59 AM

That's what I hate about the thought of dying...not knowing how it all turns out.
Omg the 2000's were shit and the 2010's aren't looking so hot either. The 90's weren't as bad by any stretch of the imagination. Sometimes I think the internet broke the world. :P

It's the not knowing that pisses us off more so than the dying. Pretty sure none of us could tolerate living for 10,000 years. That's why if given the opportunity I'd roll the dice and head for the future. I'd f'ing roll of they are still making star wars movies much less if people are still alive.

Corporal Hicks

You know what? I'd love to live forever. I really would. I just want to see how it all turns out.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2015, 09:22:24 AM
You know what? I'd love to live forever. I really would. I just want to see how it all turns out.
Yea but what if you out live forever and what about when the sun assplodes and humanity fails to get out of the way? You'll just be floating out there for all eternity and then some. Sounds awful tbh.

Corporal Hicks

I'll go exploring for Aliens, I guess. I wouldn't mind if it turned out like a Starchild or something from 2001.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

50s.

Shinawi

The Alien Predator

I'd like to live in the year 2692, living out the Rage Wars baby!

Oh wait... sigh, mortality sucks. I also want to experience the far future as well. See where humanity heads on. Imagine being the last relic and getting discovered by future intelligent life here, or by aliens as you float 2001 Space Odyssey style like Hicks mentioned.

The thing about the past is that it's heavily romanticized and we nostalgia the hell out of it.

I too remember the 90's being epic, movies and game and all. But Hicks remembers it better than me and according to him, it wasn't better than today. And I agree, I may not remember the suckiest moments, but it sure as hell can't be better than 2015 lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed