Patrick Tatopoulos Concepts?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 21, 2015, 01:04:28 PM

Author
Patrick Tatopoulos Concepts? (Read 2,623 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hi guys I'm trying to find larger versions of the concept art that Patrick Tatopoulos did for Anderson's pitch. Can only ever find small/medium sized copies online and I'm sure there were better copies available. Don't suppose anyone has any copies of the larger versions knocking around on their hard drives?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

News to me. I've seen Constantine Sekeris' mental concept art but never anything by this Tatopoulos guy.

Corporal Hicks

This Tatopoulos guy?! Sacrilege! He's a very good creature designer for films.

His artwork was some of the best stuff we saw for Alien vs. Predator before the film came out -

Just can't find bigger copies!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 04, 2015, 10:08:49 AMThis Tatopoulos guy?! Sacrilege! He's a very good creature designer for films.

:) Didn't mean any offence by it. Just not all that clued up on the development of the AVP movies. I recognise that first image though.

Corporal Hicks

I was jesting.  :P He's done a lot of creature design including things like Stargate and Independence Day. If I remember rightly he did the pitch artwork for Anderson too. But I'm not 100% on that.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 04, 2015, 10:19:32 AMHe's done a lot of creature design including things like Stargate and Independence Day.

Fair play, love the aliens in those.

Corporal Hicks

He's done more, of course, but his website is down and I'm not overly knowledgeable about his other work. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Tatopoulos

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I wanted one of those Anubis masks so badly when I was a kid :)

If I'm honest, I still do. Love those fins on the side that rise up when he's pissed.

Corporal Hicks

The Anubis and Horus masks were my favourite. I was really disappointed not to see them used more often on the show. I do hope he comes back for the remakes.

bobcunk

bobcunk

I think he designed "Zilla" too

Corporal Hicks

He's done quite a lot of design work.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: bobcunk on Feb 17, 2016, 09:12:30 AM
I think he designed "Zilla" too

A great design of a monster.

It just wasn't "God" zilla. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed