Square Enix Play Arts Kai Figures - Any News?

Started by PRJ_since1990, Sep 14, 2015, 01:42:42 AM

Author
Square Enix Play Arts Kai Figures - Any News? (Read 496 times)

PRJ_since1990

Hey all!

Upon rereading of the Lurker/Spitter thread, I realized I was the last to post anything. I really do like these figures and I am hoping for Square Enix to do a version of the Raven and the Crusher (we can skip the Boiler, no really...that's quite alright).

Has anyone seen or heard any information on future plans for more figures? Or what the previous two sold in total?

Thanks!

windebieste

I do have the Lurker and it is a cool figure; but considering how poorly 'ALIENS: Colonial Marines' was received both critically and amongst many fans, I doubt we will see any further action figure releases within this branch of the licence.

I think we've been very lucky to get what we did with those Play Arts Kai action figures.  I also think we are lucky to see the NECA figures based on 'ALIEN: Isolation'.  Defo looking forward to those items being released. 

It's not the first time within this licence that a range of action figures was canned due to poor public reception.   Probably won't be the last, either.   Just take a look at what happened to the  3 3/4" ReAction figures based on the old '79 prototypes.  Quite some interesting history right there.   

-Windebieste.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 14, 2015, 02:06:43 AM
I do have the Lurker and it is a cool figure; but considering how poorly 'ALIENS: Colonial Marines' was received both critically and amongst many fans, I doubt we will see any further action figure releases within this branch of the licence.

I think we've been very lucky to get what we did with those Play Arts Kai action figures.  I also think we are lucky to see the NECA figures based on 'ALIEN: Isolation'.  Defo looking forward to those items being released. 

It's not the first time within this licence that a range of action figures was canned due to poor public reception.   Probably won't be the last, either.   Just take a look at what happened to the  3 3/4" ReAction figures based on the old '79 prototypes.  Quite some interesting history right there.   

-Windebieste.
Oh yeah I agree. I just wasn't sure if there was an official cancellation. Same thing happened with the Prometheus line.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed