1 (5.6%)
World War 2
9 (50%)
4 (22.2%)
Other
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author
Past settings for future Predator movies (Read 5,449 times)

DUB1

Since a Predator set in the Jurassic era probably won't happen, how about this: a movie set in the present or the future where humans discover or are taken to a planet inhabited by dinosaurs? The idea being a that before the dinosaurs went extinct, the Predators took eggs of each species and moved them to another planet, so they could keep hunting them.

HuDaFuK

Predators vs. dinosaurs reads too much like fan fiction for me.

pred169

Quote from: DUB1 on May 28, 2015, 02:35:52 PM
Since a Predator set in the Jurassic era probably won't happen, how about this: a movie set in the present or the future where humans discover or are taken to a planet inhabited by dinosaurs? The idea being a that before the dinosaurs went extinct, the Predators took eggs of each species and moved them to another planet, so they could keep hunting them.
Yeah at that point you may as well just put the setting in jurassic park.....excuse me..... jurassic world.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 28, 2015, 07:34:38 AM
As much as I enjoy the film, I do agree there. It would be nice to see a fight in full.

I think it could've been handled differently, and as far as sword fights with Predators are concerned-- they should be nearly insurmountable to overcome. If you ask me which sword fight was better between PREDATORS and Dark Ages, I'd say Dark Ages handled it a lot better. You had a skilled human who was getting TROUNCED, even had difficulty in deflecting blows from the Predator, where as the sword fight with Hanzo.. while Hanzo was getting thrown once or twice, he was deflecting blows easily which I had a hard time in digesting, and why wasn't the katana breaking? That bothered me.

Dark Ages did it right, where as with PREDATORS, they tried to do it like.. something from an Akira Kurosawa film which I just think really didn't work and it came off as anime-ish, namely in regards to the finish where Hanzo and Falconer rush at each other, slash and there is a ten second delay.. Falconer falls. I didn't like that.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 28, 2015, 04:43:39 PM
Dark Ages did it right, where as with PREDATORS, they tried to do it like.. something from an Akira Kurosawa film which I just think really didn't work and it came off as anime-ish, namely in regards to the finish where Hanzo and Falconer rush at each other, slash and there is a ten second delay.. Falconer falls. I didn't like that.

Yeah, it was very "meh". Didn't feel like it had enough pay-off. I always felt the movie would have worked better without 3 Predators but only 1 or 2, who survived the encounters that killed them in the finished film.

DUB1

You know, I'd like Predator movies set in any past decades that had movies like the 60s and the 70s to have visuals and aesthetics similar to those of movies from those decades.

Like a silent black and white movie featuring a Predator.

Or, a movie set in the Old West that feels like a Western from the 60s.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: DUB1 on Jun 08, 2015, 01:34:36 PM
You know, I'd like Predator movies set in any past decades that had movies like the 60s and the 70s to have visuals and aesthetics similar to those of movies from those decades.

Be a nice gimmicky thing. But not for cinema release.

pred169

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 08, 2015, 01:43:27 PM
Quote from: DUB1 on Jun 08, 2015, 01:34:36 PM

Be a nice gimmicky thing. But not for cinema release.

I don't know corporal there have been several western style movies that were released and done extremely well in a cinema...or at least in the U.S.  In fact there was one just a few years ago, True Grit, that was relatively low budget (38 million) and grossed well over 200 million. It was very well received and was praised for its old time feel. It still holds a 96% approval rating as well. Not to mention various other movies that have went "retro" and done well in box office such as the Austin Powers trilogy. So I think Dub 1 makes a point with the old western theme or even  retro aesthetics during filming . I think it could work if directed and edited properly.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

I think a northern Ireland setting in the troubles.Imagine a SAS team getting stalked by the predator in south Armagh or in a no go area in Derry.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles (may we all remember the lives lost during this bloody conflict and especially the innocent people caught in the cross fire)

pred169

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jun 30, 2015, 09:57:18 PM
I think a northern Ireland setting in the troubles.Imagine a SAS team getting stalked by the predator in south Armagh or in a no go area in Derry.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles(may we all remember the lives lost during this bloody conflict and especially the innocent people caught in the cross fire)
That would be a great setting.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: pred169 on Jun 30, 2015, 10:32:24 PM
I think a northern Ireland setting in the troubles.Imagine a SAS team getting stalked by the predator in south Armagh or in a no go area in Derry.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles(may we all remember the lives lost during this bloody conflict and especially the innocent people caught in the cross fire)
Glad the same person agrees with me.

Quote from: pred169 on Jun 30, 2015, 10:32:24 PM
What do you like about the setting, just curious.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed