Alien Easter eggs, anyone ?

Started by Vark_, Mar 22, 2015, 07:41:06 PM

Author
Alien Easter eggs, anyone ? (Read 1,163 times)

Vark_

Vark_

I've found very little material on this particular subject on the web, so I'd like to share my creation with you guys.

My 4-y-o daughter is quite keen on the "cute little monsters" of his daddy, so I decided to build her an edible Easter Alien diorama out of chocolate for Easter Day. Hope this will be a gift she'll remember  ;D.

Quite easy and cheap to make actually :

- 3 milk chocolate eggs (textured ones if possible)
- 100g of dark chocolate
- chocolate powder
- aluminium foil
- a plate
- a knife
- a flame (gas, lighter...)

1- in a small glass, add a little water and the 100g of dark chocolate, put it 30s in a micro-wave, half-power
2- mix the chocolate paste with a spoon and pour it on the plate covered with the aluminium foil (you can sculpt it while it gets cold)
3- plant 2 milk eggs in the still hot dark chocolate base you've just created ; you can add organic tentacles that crawl upon them with the remaining hot dark chocolate using the spoon or a toothpick for a more precise sculpting
4- put the whole set in the refrigerator for 15min
5- with a flame, heaten the knife, and heat-cut the slits on each egg (it's a cross section basically)
6- in the small glass, break the last milk chocolate egg, add a little water, put in the microwave, and once the milk chocolate paste is ready, use a toothpick to add the lips on the slits and other tentacles
7- before it gets completely cold, add some powder chocolate for a dusty effect

Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to fix the whole set. Remove the aluminium foil, add some figures to decorate, serve cold.
You're done :)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Sweeeeet  ;D

Machiko Naguchi

That is awesome! I thought about making some kind of chocolate alien eggs after I saw you could buy the silicone egg shaped molds but I never thought of going to this much detail. Very cool idea and I am glad your little one also likes aliens   ;D

Corporal Hicks

Haha! That is brilliant! I hope your daughter likes it.

Vark_

Vark_

Thank you people ;)

Machiko Naguchi : heck yeah nice find, I actually have the Alien eggs ice tray at home, never thought of using it for my Easter gift though... I'll give it a try, thanks for the idea !
Looks like I'm not going to stop melting chocolate ;) !

Machiko Naguchi

Hey glad to help! Actually the idea I want to try the most is using lime jello in the mold to make some green alien egg jigglers.   ;D

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Mar 25, 2015, 04:00:33 PM
Hey glad to help! Actually the idea I want to try the most is using lime jello in the mold to make some green alien egg jigglers.   ;D

Awesome thread. I tried to do this very thing and for some reason the jello stuck to the trays... I ruined them trying to get them off... Aliens reference much? lol

If anyone has tricks in the kitchen as how to solve this dilemma please share! Thanks

Machiko Naguchi

Hmm that seems odd that jello would stick to the rubber tray. Maybe spraying it first with some sort of cooking spray?

Vark_

Vark_

You should use a little melted butter applied on the tray with a paintbrush, works with any kind of sticky issues ;).

Vark_

Vark_

Tried to pour melted chocolate on the Egg Ice trays. Failed to render the sculpt details and the texture, not satisfying at all.
The edible diorama was a success for my daughter's early Easter though ;D. I ate what she dared to leave me, and it was good !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed