Just come out with it Blomkamp!

Started by shakermakerman, Feb 27, 2015, 01:10:50 PM

Author
Just come out with it Blomkamp! (Read 6,490 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 27, 2015, 08:53:17 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2015, 07:59:54 PM
Nothing to laugh out loud about. It's quite sad actually.

You're life?

Projecting much?

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 05:02:13 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2015, 04:55:19 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 27, 2015, 04:08:15 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 27, 2015, 03:29:30 PM
They wake up, Alien 5 happens, that's all. If what has been said is to be believed Alien 5, or whatever they decide to call it, will follow on from Aliens, and by process of elimination that means Alien 3 has to go. Blomkamp didn't seek out to destroy Alien 3, but the story he wants to tell requires it not to have happened.

The definition of a retcon.

Obviously Alien 3's story or A:Rs will always exist, it's just strange having a fork in the road suddenly appear whenever you get to the end of Aliens.

Exactly. It's a retcon. He just doesn't want to sound like a lazy hack that's all

Lazy hack?

LOL

Your posts are sad but they do become funny after a while because they're so baseless.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 27, 2015, 08:58:28 PM
They wake up, Alien 5 happens, that's all. If what has been said is to be believed Alien 5, or whatever they decide to call it, will follow on from Aliens, and by process of elimination that means Alien 3 has to go. Blomkamp didn't seek out to destroy Alien 3, but the story he wants to tell requires it not to have happened.

Obviously Alien 3's story or A:Rs will always exist, it's just strange having a fork in the road suddenly appear whenever you get to the end of Aliens.

Exactly. It's a retcon. He just doesn't want to sound like a lazy hack that's all

Lazy hack?

LOL

Your posts are sad but they do become funny after a while because they're so baseless.

Lots of projection going on here. Not surprised though

xeno-kaname

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2015, 09:03:01 PM

Lazy hack?

LOL

It really shouldn't be surprising I'll admit. I mean what do you expect when people keep giving you good counter arguments to your opinions (that you state as fact) and you completely ignore them?

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 27, 2015, 09:36:34 PM

Lazy hack?

LOL

It really shouldn't be surprising I'll admit. I mean what do you expect when people keep giving you good counter arguments to your opinions (that you state as fact) and you completely ignore them?

You're projecting do hard it's funny! Good counter arguments? Where, when?

All you're saying is that the people who like A3 should just chill out and get over it, but it was/is inexcusable that A3 wasn't the carbon copy of ALIENS you all wanted. Great counter arguments.

Perfect-Organism

"Chill out and get over it" is what fans who wanted a truly worthy sequel to Aliens got since 92...

Come on guys.  Chill out on both sides.  There is no way everybody can agree and both view points are valid and understandable.

Have a great weekend folks!  Its been a crazy few days with all this news.  I must step back for my own sanity...

whiterabbit

f**k I just hope this Aliens sequel isn't going to be what T3 was to T2.

Get over it men and the two women here, Alien³ is dead. However A|R is still alive and kicking since so much time has passed after the events of fury161 that simply deleting Alien³ isn't enough to retcon that movie. The new Alien³(5) could still end up crashing on fury161. A|R fans rejoice, it's not dead yet.

xeno-kaname

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2015, 09:41:28 PM

Lazy hack?

LOL

All you're saying is that the people who like A3 should just chill out and get over it, but it was/is inexcusable that A3 wasn't the carbon copy of ALIENS you all wanted. Great counter arguments.
Myself alone have written a couple pages worth. So yeah they're everywhere in these current threads but you ignore them.

I'll just stop now. I wasn't trying to "project" but more kick your condescension down a notch. But I just realized I shouldn't kick a man while he's down.  After all we're getting what we wanted and you're getting the exact opposite.

Now that's purposefully projecting  ;) But I am done lol

windebieste

I can't see how all this proposal works... how can he include Hicks, not break canon and maintain continuity?  It makes no sense.  Something has to go.

So we have 3 options as far as I am concerned:

1).  Original proposal: Ripley and Hicks come back in a post 'ALIENS' scenario. 
The Problem:  Alternate continuity breaks canon.  This just messes everything up as far as I am concerned

2).  Proper 'ALIEN 5' sequel: Ripley 8 finishes her story and we get closure to the series.
The Problem:  'ALIENS' fanboys can't wank themselves into a stupor. ...or maybe they can if we see 24th Century military hardware and personnel introduced into this scenario. 

3).  'ALIENS 2' sequel:: A direct sequel to the 2nd movie that ditches Ripley and Hicks entirely.  A fresh cast aboard another Conestoga class transport ship that gets involved with Xenos in a scenario that runs parallel to the events of 'ALIEN 3'.
The Problem: There isn't any.  Sure, Ripley and Hicks don't appear, but is that really an issue? To me, the insistence that these 2 characters MUST appear in the new movie is where all the problems are happening, anyway.  With this option, however, canon is not broken, continuity is intact and we get new experiences and a fresh start that could build into a whole new series without disregarding 'ALIEN 3' and 'ALIEN: Resurrection'.  Nope.  There's absolutely no problem with any of that.

Personally, I'd like to see the series wrapped up properly with closure to Ripley 8's path; but I'm also good for a proper 'ALIENS 2' sequel to the 2nd film that has no canon or continuity breaches with completely fresh cast because this Universe is big enough to accommodate such a thing. 

-Windebieste.

Son Of Kane

Ripley 8 died to organ failure (And bad movie-itis) immediately after A:R as far as I'm concerned.
So I don't want to see anything post A:R.

I'm happy with the idea of an alternate universe.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 27, 2015, 10:55:31 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2015, 09:41:28 PM

Lazy hack?

LOL

Myself alone have written a couple pages worth. So yeah they're everywhere in these current threads but you ignore them.

I'll just stop now. I wasn't trying to "project" but more kick your condescension down a notch. But I just realized I shouldn't kick a man while he's down.  After all we're getting what we wanted and you're getting the exact opposite.

Now that's purposefully projecting  ;) But I am done lol

So you're just a troll then? Got it!

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 07:46:54 PM
I doubt he'd jump through all those hoops.
Especially the Ripley 8 part (When he directly stated Ripley 8 won't be featured)- sounds like wishful thinking on your part.
Also Hicks being alive?

C'mon, people stuff like this is grasping at straws with the information we have.
Of coarse it's just an idea! Im not saying this is what's happening. I'm just saying it isn't that hard to move it back in another direction.
But what do you mean by 'all those hoops'

That's just one simple hoop. The scientists were lying to Ripley, W-Y is still very much apart of the scheme and it isn't 400 years later. You can just START the movie that way. Another simple possibility is to work off the idea that they had either already cloned Ripley or did so again. Again, I'm not saying this is happening Im just trying to show that its not that difficult. Personally, I had always expected an A5 since A:R to explain that W-Y was still around in some facet so they lie thing doesn't seem strange at all. Especially when you consider that the events in A:R happen so quickly and over the coarse of a few hours that there wasn't much time for her to even find out.

Also - by the end of A:R Ripley is pretty much Ripley again. apart from the blood and jumping of yeah and the alien sex.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: oduodu on Feb 27, 2015, 01:41:47 PM
http://screenrant.com/neil-blomkamp-alien-5-continuity-elysium-problems/

That link has reassured me, somewhat. He seems to recognise the problems inherent to 'Elysium' and owns up to the fact that it needed a lot more work, story-wise/logic-wise.

If he can apply those lessons to this project, there should hopefully be a marked improvement.

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 28, 2015, 01:26:31 AM
Quote from: oduodu on Feb 27, 2015, 01:41:47 PM
http://screenrant.com/neil-blomkamp-alien-5-continuity-elysium-problems/

That link has reassured me, somewhat. He seems to recognise the problems inherent to 'Elysium' and owns up to the fact that it needed a lot more work, story-wise/logic-wise.

If he can apply those lessons to this project, there should hopefully be a marked improvement.
Yup that was a good read. I'm glad he knows what he did wrong. I almost feel like that's what almost happened with his Alien project. He had so much concept art already. But he's taking his time with the story because he knows he didn't do that enough during Elysium.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed