Will there ever be another Aliens game again?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Feb 25, 2015, 06:42:40 PM

Author
Will there ever be another Aliens game again? (Read 1,796 times)

LastSurvivor92

After the complete trash pit that is Aliens Colonial Marines, do you think we will ever get another Aliens game again after all the ok AVP games and ACM game which sucked?

I feel like the possibility is there but what do you guys think?

Russ

virtually guaranteed, given Black'n'Blom's forthcoming films. If they don't tank (and they won't) there will be spin offs. We were debating in another thread about what a new AvP film should look like (Hicks wrote a great article on it); the feeling is that with these two movies now confirmed, AvP3 won't be too far behind.

Hicks's article: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/02/25/you-are-one-ugly-motherfu-wishlist-alien-vs-predator-3/

The Cruentus

Well if you count Alien: Isolation, they are already made another Alien game  :laugh: but if you mean Aliens as in a game that references the second film, I don't see why not, but so far nearly all games have emulated Aliens, I found Isolation to be a good change. Colonial Marines, an LV planet, the company...there is just too much of it I think, there needs to be some originality, Isolation was a fresh direction, that said I would not be against another Aliens game so long as its not like A:CM but horror should be the primary focus, so that no matter how many guns you got, you're a step away from a heart attack.

Jarac

Jarac

Since the announcement of the new movie, I think we will get one, but it'll be a while because of the sting of Colonial Marines. I think Isolation helped to alleviate this, though. One of Colonial Marines's great weaknesses was that it treaded old ground. LV-426? Sulaco? Hicks is alive again through the worst retcon I've ever seen? Yawn! Couple that with Gearbox's lack of care and incompetence and you get a shit game.

Set the new game someplace new. Any place that's new. Make it take place aboard an asteroid colony, a jungle world, a space station then tracking them down to a jungle world. ANYTHING that doesn't just feel like it has a leash around its neck because it wants to shackle itself to Aliens. Oh, and give it to a competent  studio this time.

LastSurvivor92

I think if anything they wouldn't make an aliens game but a game featuring Blomkamp's vision.

The Cruentus

Depends on how his vision turns out though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed