Will there be a sequel with Amanda Ripley?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Nov 12, 2014, 11:25:29 PM

Author
Will there be a sequel with Amanda Ripley? (Read 26,077 times)

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Clearly at the end of the game we see Amanda awaken with some sort of ship heading her way. Is this a chance for Creative Assembly to expand on the story and possibly explore the origins of the Alien? I don't know how well the sales for this game did. I'm sure the money involved will be a factor. Also i'm just curious, did Isolation sell well to gamers?

Corporal Hicks

I think it's done relatively well so far.

I'd like to see more from her. I really liked her character far more than I expected to.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a sequel, but the tricky bit is they'd have to mix up the gameplay a little to stop if feeling stale.

I'd like to find out what really happened to Amanda by the time of Aliens, but only if they come up with something sensible and not another Turk-in-the-cryotube moment.

Samus007

I'd love a sequel, especially starring Amanda Ripley. Like Hicks mentioned I really liked her character way more than I was expecting to. I'd like to see her meet "McLaren" in the next installment and see them explore that relationship during the game play somehow.

Jango1201

I wonder if a sequel could set the events of ALIENS into motion. Perhaps Mclaren is a company man from Seegson.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

560,000 according to VG Chartz. I am hoping for 750,000 to 800,000. A million be nice but not likely at this point.

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Nov 14, 2014, 11:06:45 PM
560,000 according to VG Chartz. I am hoping for 750,000 to 800,000. A million be nice but not likely at this point.

I take that back, it is up to 700K now, numbers up to date to November 8. So week to week has looked like this.

I would say a million could be possible. That be a pretty big deal, since ACM not only pissed off the fanbase, but it only sold about 1.4 million copies.

Xenoscream

I think it will happen, a lot of people will no doubt be holding out until they get their PS4/XB1 for xmas. At least that's what I would do if I was still on last gen.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenoscream on Nov 17, 2014, 01:52:02 PMI think it will happen, a lot of people will no doubt be holding out until they get their PS4/XB1 for xmas. At least that's what I would do if I was still on last gen.

That was my original plan, but I caved and bought the PS3 version :)

PHANTOM

Quote from: Jango1201 on Nov 13, 2014, 11:47:54 PM
I wonder if a sequel could set the events of ALIENS into motion.

I would love to see Creative Assembly do an ALIENS Isolation as a sequel to this game using the same engine.

Amanda can still be part of the story, but you're seeing her story through the eyes of a Colonial Marine. Imagine a simulator type game being a Marine with just enough ammo to take the fight to the xenomorphs. A mixture of stealth, tactics, action, and coop with a friend. Imagine driving an APC and fight inside a flamethrower powerloader.

Shut up and take my money, that would be one hell of a sequel.

Keg

I think a little bit more action could work without ruining what the game is supposed to be about but taking it too far and it becomes something else entirely. The reason this game has worked and impressed is because its done exactly the opposite of whats been done to death in FPS games and its been quite refreshing.

Having said that I still think they could come up with a story that does include a couple of chapters with a bigger focus on action which could help the pacing as well. Nothing too drastic though. Id still say keep most of the game in the same vein as this one though. Kind of how Dead Space 2 ramped up the action and spectacle but still retained what everyone loved about the first game.

It would be easy to implement a couple of sections in the game where weapons are more readily available and it plays more like a conventional shooter but I would want them to be short and only a handful of them in the game. Keeps them memorable and exciting and doesnt change what the vast majority of the game is all about. Or perhaps a few more action set pieces. I know they tend to be a bit more scripted but theyre still alot of fun. Running back through the Aneesadora as its exploding was basically just going from A to B but it was still exciting because theres visual and audio stimilus. Reminded me of that sequence on the crashed ship from Dead Space 1 where you escape as its exploding. Simple but effective.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Keg on Nov 18, 2014, 06:43:06 AMI think a little bit more action could work without ruining what the game is supposed to be about but taking it too far and it becomes something else entirely.

Let's not forget the final act of Isolation did get a lot more action-packed (by the game's standards). It forced you into confrontations with the Aliens, you stopped sneaking around and just had to charge through them. It was one of my favourite parts of the game.

Keg

Keg

Thats more along the lines of what I mean. Not necessarily a section where you mow down Aliens with a pulse rifle or anything like that. Perhaps a section where you need to fend off multiple aliens with a shotgun or a flamethrower as they come at you relentlessly and hiding isnt an option. I didnt stop sneaking around at the end though. Even when there was two aliens hunting me. If id just gone at them with all I had I think id have ran out of fuel and items quickly and found the last few areas much harder as a result. This game never forces you to go on the attack ever.

Edit:  What is cool about this game though is that while it doesnt force you to become more aggressive in your case you felt you had to. Just like Ripley at the end of Aliens with the flame thrower. At that stage in the game, similar to Ripleys attitude in the film you thought "you know what, f**k this, I need to get the hell out, right now, alien or no alien. Ive got my flamethrower and a couple of pipe bombs. Lets do this...".

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Keg on Nov 18, 2014, 03:22:29 PMyou know what, f**k this, I need to get the hell out, right now, alien or no alien.

That's pretty much exactly what was going through my mind. I loved how the last act really nailed those final scenes in the film where the Nostromo's about to blow and Ripley's just running around, caution thrown right out the window because she needs to get out now or she's going up with the ship.

And I so very nearly ran out of flamethrower fuel :)

Keg

I know it would be a hell of alot harder to pull off but imagine a sequel where they crawl on ceilings and walls. People complained that the alien didnt do that in this game but youd have to completely redesign the whole game world to make it work. Stuff in the tight corridors wouldnt work so there have to be specially designed larger areas where it could do that. Problem with that though is then you'd kinda know when the alien was likely to be on the walls or ceiling because of the type of environment youre in. Still be awesome if they could somehow implement it.

Corporal Hicks

What I'd really like is a small increase. 3 or 4 Aliens at a time, instead of the one. You have a small amount of ammo, which can kill the Aliens. But it will also draw the others out. Destructible scenery in which you can use the Alien acid to navigate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed