Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 843,826 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Puppet Master 5: The Final Chapter

Not particularly good, but a lot better than 4. The fight at the end is pretty cool, at least, and Pinhead bitch slapping that one guy was hilarious.

Russ

Russ

Standoff with Thomas Jane and Lawrence Fishburne.

Taut little movie - I really liked it, but the reviews were mixed. Basically, a little girl photographs Fishburne's assassin killing people at a funeral and flees to depressed alcoholic (but fortunately ex-ranger) Jane's gaff. The two men injure each other in the initial exchange of gun fire and then are holding their positions - Jane at the top of the stairs, Fishburne in the front room.

Jane has a shotgun with one shell left, Fishburne is hurt worse than Jane. He wants the girl ... Jane refuses...

It's a great setup and they answer all the obvious questions (why doesn't he burn the house down and all that stuff)... as I say, I really liked it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

21 Jump Street

"You know how Tom Cruise is always pissed at Rain Man? My life is like that, only he sucks at math." :laugh:

Blade
Blade II

Both solid action flicks. Maybe I'll put on Trinity later... but that would be like punching myself in the dick for no reason. :laugh:

Curse of the Puppet Master

>:(

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

My Cousin Vinny
A fantastic comedy. I hadn't seen it in years. Joe Pesci is comedy gold here

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Room

Haha what a story Mark... Yeah I went all out preparing for Retro Puppet Master.  :laugh:

Gerald's Game

I loved this.

Spoiler
The hand scene... Jesus f**king Christ.
Spoiler
Surprised they kept the Dolores Claiborne connection in place, and marked the f**k out when Gerald said that "all things serve the beam".
[close]
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Sipder Man Homecoming

Watchable, but not much more than that.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 30, 2017, 11:57:32 AMMy Cousin Vinny

Great, overlooked film!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 02, 2017, 08:13:18 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 30, 2017, 11:57:32 AMMy Cousin Vinny

Great, overlooked film!

I keep forgetting that Marisa Tomei got an Oscar for this lol

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
While not a fantastic film. It deserved better than to bomb like it did. James Gandolfini is a riot.

The Fifth Element
A beautifully designed film. Still strikes me now. even if the story is simple. I love Gary Oldman's accent in this

Critters 2
Mick Garris's directorial debut and he co-wrote the script with David "Pitch Black" Twohy. The Critter ball is my fave bit

Jeepers Creepers
Still creepy. A great film and forgot how late in the game The Creepers true form is revealed

Jeepers Creepers 2
A more over the top sequel. But with it being the final day it makes sense. Ray Wise easily steals it. Hope he comes back for a possible 4th film (which would essentially be a rewritten newer Cathedral). I do have an idea for a prequel set in 1886

Russ

Russ

Blade Runner: The Final Cut.

Awesome, but you knew that already. Looking forward to some quality time with the commentary

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Retro Puppet Master

oh hai mark

Russ

Russ

Life After Flash

https://en-gb.facebook.com/lifeafterflash/

Was awesome.

Prez

Prez

Transformers The Last Knight

Not half as bad as reviews stated. I actually enjoyed this one more than number 4.

Big dumb fun but perhaps a tad too long. Very odd role for Anthony Hopkins but hey I guess he has to pay the bills too. Also the main protagonist is a dead ringer for Sil from Species.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Gerald's game

Good movie, the wrist scene f**ked me up like none other since very long ago ! And the crypt guy, the way he was shot, that freaked me out a little bit. That hadn't happened since The witch.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Kingsman: The Golden Circle
While this was a good film, it does feel like a step down from the first one. Many bits could have been cut and it wouldn't have affected anything. Also wasn't happy about what happened to a couple of characters. Some great sequences though and the choice of music was spot on

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Alien Versus Predator.

It was late and flipping through the channels, saw it was on and had to watch it.  It was on the Spanish channel and I don't speak Spanish, so I turned off the volume because I already knew everything being said.  So embarrassing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed