Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 832,174 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Last Action Hero
A very underrated film, that sadly didn't do great first time around. Maybe a bit ahead of its time. Charles Dance owns it

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That's one of those movies that somehow manages to add up to less than the sum of its parts. Some superb scenes ("I just shot somebody, I did it on purpose!"), some great characters, but the entire experience winds up being a bit of a disappointment.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I like the film, but it easily could have been two movies, and better for it. "Iced that guy, to cone a phrase." :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

All very true points. I still enjoy it for its cheesiness at times and the fact it was the last film for two actors as well

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Alien 'Director's Cut' (1979) - A+
Batman Begins (2005) - A

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

Alien Covenant

7/10

It was ok I guess...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Great f**kin' movie. 8)

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Aliens 'Special Edition' (1986) - A+

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 11, 2017, 10:26:41 PM
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Great f**kin' movie. 8)

On some days, this is my favorite Indy movie.  I like 'Raiders' a lot, too but there's an attitude of menace in this one that holds up even today.  It's a dark nightmare of a movie.  Strangely ahead of its time. 

The only thing that brings this movie down for me is GODDAMNED CAPSHAW'S CONSTANT BLOODY SCREAMING!  Gah!  Mind you, that start sequence 'Anything Goes' is absolutely brilliant on the big screen.  I'd go to the cinema just to see a 3D version of that opener alone.

The third movie was just more of the same.  A repeat of 'Raiders' - but with Sean Connery added for lolz.  What came after that..? 

There's only 3 Indiana Jones movies, right..?   ;)

-Windebieste.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I like Crystal Skull, so yeah, they made four. And a tv prequel series. :P

Scorpio

Scorpio

Valley of the Dolls (1967)

Quote from: windebieste on May 11, 2017, 11:36:15 PM

The third movie was just more of the same.  A repeat of 'Raiders' - but with Sean Connery added for lolz. 

Last Crusade is the best Indiana Jones movie.

Randomizer

Randomizer

A Dog's Purpose (2017)

A movie to cheer you up. Goes full circle. Ethan reminded me of Han Solo/Harrison Ford.

Yes, it's a book adaptation.   :P

8.2/10

The Secret (2006)

Starts on a very conspirative note but gets, again, quite cheerful towards the end. This one is a documentary (apparently a book too, gah). Useful life advice.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 11, 2017, 10:26:41 PMIndiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Great f**kin' movie. 8)

That used to be my favourite when I was a kid and I still love it :)

Quote from: Scorpio on May 12, 2017, 03:09:14 AMLast Crusade is the best Indiana Jones movie.

And these days this is my favourite of the three, although it's very close with the first :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Last Crusade is my favorite as well. "She talks in her sleep!"

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

No love for Raiders of the Lost Ark? Still my favorite, nazis getting evaporated can't be topped lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed