Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 832,350 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Still a classic, although I'd forgotten how slow some of the middle section was. Still enjoyable mind

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Russ on Apr 07, 2017, 09:16:10 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 07, 2017, 06:53:03 AM
The Love Witch (2016)

Is it any good - I've been meaning to see it.

Yeah it's good, unless you're expecting it to be something that it's not. 

Russ

Russ

Hahaha - is that a polite way of saying "no gratuitous nudity"? *lol*

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Ghost in the Shell (2017)

I thoroughly enjoyed this, and that's coming from a fan of the original film, the manga, and sci-fi in general. My only major issues were the somewhat choppy third act, and the generic big bad who was behind everything. Kitano's ridiculous hair deserves an award all on it's own. :laugh:

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Russ on Apr 07, 2017, 11:44:16 AM
Hahaha - is that a polite way of saying "no gratuitous nudity"? *lol*

Oh, there's plenty of that, don't worry.  :laugh:  No I meant if you expect a typical horror movie with tons of blood and gore.  It's not really a horror movie and there's not much blood.  I actually found it funny and it really does look like it was made in the 60s.  This has cult film written all over it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Ghost in the Shell (1995) - Original Cut

This is my third viewing, and I still greatly enjoy the film. The animation is beautiful, and the philosophical bits of the story are mostly well handled and interesting. The characters are colorful and engaging, too. Really, my issue here is that the plot gets backloaded into the third act a tad. And I do tend to agree with Batou that the Major could have dropped the angst down a notch or two.

Now I'll check out Innocence for the first time... I understand it has so many doves in it that even John Woo would consider their use excessive. :laugh:

Scorpio

Scorpio

Fantastic Four (2015) - very boring movie, until the last 20 minutes or so when you finally get some superhero action, but even that is pretty forgettable.  Waste.

The Void (2016) - copy/paste of much better movies, with no substance at all.  Very dull.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 08, 2017, 01:05:14 AM
Oh, there's plenty of that, don't worry.  :laugh:  No I meant if you expect a typical horror movie with tons of blood and gore.  It's not really a horror movie and there's not much blood.  I actually found it funny and it really does look like it was made in the 60s.  This has cult film written all over it.

Thanks, Scorpio - will definitely give it a watch; I saw the trailer and I really liked the 60s styling. Thanks so much man.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Um, what the hell did I just watch? It started out pretty well, but the constant chatter about the nature of dolls and a doll's soul got grating after a while, and the solution to the big mystery is crammed into about two minutes right at the end.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I remember being really bored by the sequel, despite really enjoying the first.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Christine

Eh, not bad, but you can tell this was Carpenter's second choice of film and that his heart wasn't really in it. And it totally wastes Harry Dean Stanton and Robert Prosky. Great score and effects, though, and Keth Gordon did well enough as the lead.

PS: remember to never, ever buy a car from the creepy Home Alone snow shovel guy. :laugh:

Scorpio

Scorpio

Shin Godzilla (2016)
Assault on Arkham (2014)
X-Men (2000)
The Mask (1994)

First time watching Shin Godzilla, to my mind this is the best Godzilla film next to the original.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Life. Not bad, kind of silly at times. Good acting, well made, good creature concept.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

They Live
A John Carpenter classic, featuring one of the best movie fist fights ever.

Enter the Ninja
This was awesome, even if the concept of Franco Nero as a ninja is a bit odd. There's still plenty of great action, and Christopher George is a hilarious villain.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Hide the Monster
I watched this found footage film on a recommendation of a friend and while it was okay. It wasnt as good as it so could have been. There was an intriguing concept there, but the ending reveal let it all down. And the ending caption hinted at what could have been a much better movie if that had been the focus. My best friend absolutely hated it, which Im not surprised by

Big Hero 6
This was amazing. Im catching up on all these Disney films I missed first time round and this one was great. Although i did guess the villain reveal about 10 minutes in lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed